Archived Multiple transactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a policy for guests requesting multiple transactions? I was never told anything, so I always just go along with the guest. Are you supposed to deny somebody who is obviously doing so to get a gift card, or some discount? I figured I'm only going for backup, so I've never bothered to ask.

No policy in regards to splitting transactions, but that doesn't mean they can use more than the 4 allotted coupons/more than one Target store/department wide coupon/or use multiple transactions to go around any other policy in general.

Is there a policy for guests requesting multiple transactions? I was never told anything, so I always just go along with the guest. Are you supposed to deny somebody who is obviously doing so to get a gift card, or some discount? I figured I'm only going for backup, so I've never bothered to ask.

In general you should never fight a guest trying to do a split transaction it is generally within their right. I have bought items at stores I needed a reimbursement receipt for and then items for myself on a separate receipt.

Use common sense though
If they are doing something illegal - like buying too much cough medicine (meth lab risk), or trying to use coupons that say limit to one guest obviously you don't do it. If your nervous call your gstl over .

It's also common to split a transaction where a guest buys 3 and gets a free gift card then they want to use it on their other items by using the gift card. That's not a good question for this board, your stores front end leaders will tell you they want you to handle it. My store would honor it.

I can think of a couple of instances when you would not do multiple transactions:

Obviously the 4 coupon rule

There is also a one category coupon per household rule. For example, if you want to get the $5 gift card for spending $20 in beauty, you can't do that back to back with two transactions of >$20 each. People try to do this with the $10 back for spending $50 on groceries.
(See below for the policy)

Category/Department and Storewide Coupons
  • Only one Category Coupon per guest can be used for any individual category.
Also, if you come up to me with a bad attitude, you probably aren't going to get what you want. Example: "I am doing 6 transactions and scanning my cartwheel 6 times for the same deal." Yeah, that is not happening. You can scan your cartwheel 6 times a day, but you are only getting each cartwheel deal once for 4 like items. (If you ask nicely, I'm probably going to do it twice though.)

And my favorite "catch-all":
  • We have the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason, including if guests' reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are deemed not to be for the purpose of using or gifting.
So, if you are causing a scene - denied.

ETA: Buy 3 and get a gift card, split the transaction because you know that they'll never be back (eye roll), is perfectly fine. Just slightly annoying because it holds up the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back