Archived My 2015 Summer ETL Intern experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I haven't been on this site for a while...super swamped with life and Target lol I just wanted to update people on my experience so far into my internship. (Obviously I won't give any personal details)
First, it's been absolutely great to come back, read about other people's experiences and be able to relate and actually understand the Target lingo.....man the acronyms are never ending haha. I read today that someone thought that interns were warned about this site, which in my case and other interns that I have talked to, isn't true. Not once have I heard anyone even talk about this site or anything like it!

I just finished my mid assessment with my ETL Mentor and STL which went extremely well! We talked about what I have learned, business processes and of course, my two wins and 1 opp which yes, has been pounded into my brain from my very first status. For me, I like the whole feedback culture because I want to constantly know how I am doing and what I need to work on so it isn't a big issue for me. (Haha I know I am not perfect and will never be) but I see how with others it can be frustrating! I was asked if I was offered a postition if I would take it and I said that I would (and yes, I read "Before you sign your life away"). Haha that piece is actually extremely accurate when it comes to the life of an ETL so in no way would I discredit it and I encourage any new person wanting to be an ETL to definitely read it!

This year the ETL Internship has been modified in a way to keep the interns in the store so that we can learn more and create relationships with the TM's so there are no outings, just phone chat sessions every few weeks. The interns though in my district and in other districts have gotten together a few times for our own "outing" outside of work. We don't have a big project this time but instead we have a final "Operational Review" which is supposed to be like a DTL/STL walk through/status throughout the store and whatever area our focus was in.

My personal experience has definitely been WAY more hands on that I realized which I love because I have been able to bond with my team and really get honest opinions from them...haha but that might also be because of our staffing/scheduling/payroll issues.... but anyway, every store is different! Being LOD has been such an interesting experience haha but surprisingly I like it and leading huddles was definitely something I needed to warm up to (due to still learning what is needed to know and what not) but I think I got the hang of it now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and hopefully I can answer them!

The out of store experiences were extremely helpful during my internship, it's unfortunate that they took those away in your district. I know the interns in my district are still working out of store some days. Trips to places like the IC, Distribution Center, and Regional Offices.

The out of store experiences were extremely helpful during my internship, it's unfortunate that they took those away in your district. I know the interns in my district are still working out of store some days. Trips to places like the IC, Distribution Center, and Regional Offices.

We were disappointed in that also! I didn't realize that other districts were still doing that since most of the districts that I know of in my state are not. We were told during the kickoff that it was a change that they decided to do across the board.... but then again, they said that this is their first year doing a drastic change like that so maybe they are only doing it in certain states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back