Archived My Target Red Card doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked fine for a week and then just stopped working. My regular debit card works. There is plenty of money in my account. Is this something I need to take up with Target or my bank?

Had the same issue. Called the number on back of card and issue was quickly resolved.

The same thing happened to a lot of red card holders. If you used your Target card at Schnucks grocery during a certain time frame then your card was subject to a hacker. You should of received a new card but if you did not then call the # on the back.

There are a few problems with the red card:
If you do part cash and the rest on the red card, you are denied your transaction. I had 5 guests this week alone with that same issue. (this is a global issue and they are hoping to fix it)

Also, they will allow you to use your card 3 times before activation before they will stop you from using it. Then you have to call to activate it.

If you use your card for the first couple of times with large $ transactions, they will not let it go through either. (this is with the debit)

Some people have told me that if you try to use it an on the fourth time in one day it will get denied, I have not had this done personally, so I am not 100% if that is true.

One last thing, if you use your card and ask for cash back, and you use it again and ask for cash back, it will freeze your account, and you will have to call the 800 number for them to fix it.

There are a few problems with the red card:
If you do part cash and the rest on the red card, you are denied your transaction. I had 5 guests this week alone with that same issue. (this is a global issue and they are hoping to fix it)

Also, they will allow you to use your card 3 times before activation before they will stop you from using it. Then you have to call to activate it.

If you use your card for the first couple of times with large $ transactions, they will not let it go through either. (this is with the debit)

Some people have told me that if you try to use it an on the fourth time in one day it will get denied, I have not had this done personally, so I am not 100% if that is true.

One last thing, if you use your card and ask for cash back, and you use it again and ask for cash back, it will freeze your account, and you will have to call the 800 number for them to fix it.

AND they still want us to get redcards, redcards...it's insane. Yes, it's a great way to save money but if they really want more people signing up then get the system FIXED (and not alot of people carry checks anymore -- they need to fix the system to accept a banks debit card instead of a check). Target has the money --- quit giving bonuses to the bigwigs and use the money to fix the damn problems!

The card is *supposed* to lockup, after mutiple charges at the same or different store(s). A Guest can call them and have it unblocked, but the purpose of the lock, is to make it harder on suspected theives charging up stuff on someone elses card.

Normally, thieves will just try to keep charging until the card is maxed out. Through this, the Card get's blocked hopefully before a lot of damage is done.

I'm unsure if they still do this, but they did a few years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back