MEGATHREAD myDay app

Shame backstock has gone away from MyWork. It was so nice being able to do my pulls using both MyDay and MyWork. I would pull with MyDay, but leave Mywork open to backstock...cuz I know my area, if I went to pull something I knew wouldn't fit on the floor, I would just tap over to mywork and rebackstock it...but to do this in Myday, I have to exit out of my batch, fill/backstock, backstock....then go back into my batch (which has now gone up in eaches)....and proceed. Or am I doing something wrong? It's so much more convoluted/slower now. And the constant freezing of the app is killer...

Why when I finally learn something, does it all have to change!!? Box names, tape machine buttons, numerical item numbering, apps, modernization, all backroom inventory being "open sock,"... eeek! A very, scary Halloween indeed!

Has myday been fixed as far as backroom accuracy going red and stuff not being located after backstocking?

Rumor I heard was that MyApp doesn't get updated if you use MyWork to backstock, which a lot of TMs still do use at our spot. But I don't think that's true. However, I've heard it's glitchy as hell.

Why when I finally learn something, does it all have to change!!? Box names, tape machine buttons, numerical item numbering, apps, modernization, all backroom inventory being "open sock,"... eeek! A very, scary Halloween indeed!

Honestly many of these are improvements I’ll gladly take. And also myWork is hot garbage with the way it did it’s sub-apps. It’s was super slow. Going from myWork 1.0 to 2.0 basically was just a new coat of paint but didn’t actually fix any of the issues wrong with it.. Having alerts only go to relevant TMs and only seeing your areas workload helps keep you on top of your area.

Open stock backroom allows the fulfillment team for increased efficiency. Easier to see what’s in the backroom at a glance. Easier for pulls (many tms would burn parts of a batch to not have to pull a full case and rebackstock).

A big part of modernization is having someone dedicated to each area of the store and responsible for knowing where to find many of the things in the area to help push/guests/fulfillment find things/etc., keeping it zoned and looking nice, keeping it full with pulls.

While they don’t always get everything right the first time they are generally moving in the direction Target needs to go. Especially pushing hard on online fulfillment and supply chain changes.

Retail is a changing landscape (even more so with a pandemic) changing the way people shop. Many retailers that fail to see this just won’t make it. As many already have. Change MUST happen because the way we do things in 2015 will not continue to work. If you don’t like change, retail is probably a bad choice. Just my two cents.

Rumor I heard was that MyApp doesn't get updated if you use MyWork to backstock, which a lot of TMs still do use at our spot. But I don't think that's true. However, I've heard it's glitchy as hell.
It is true . My team did it and never had a bath for sea which we set last week . So I had to audit everything and have them re-push everything

Honestly many of these are improvements I’ll gladly take. And also myWork is hot garbage with the way it did it’s sub-apps. It’s was super slow. Going from myWork 1.0 to 2.0 basically was just a new coat of paint but didn’t actually fix any of the issues wrong with it.. Having alerts only go to relevant TMs and only seeing your areas workload helps keep you on top of your area.

Open stock backroom allows the fulfillment team for increased efficiency. Easier to see what’s in the backroom at a glance. Easier for pulls (many tms would burn parts of a batch to not have to pull a full case and rebackstock).

A big part of modernization is having someone dedicated to each area of the store and responsible for knowing where to find many of the things in the area to help push/guests/fulfillment find things/etc., keeping it zoned and looking nice, keeping it full with pulls.

While they don’t always get everything right the first time they are generally moving in the direction Target needs to go. Especially pushing hard on online fulfillment and supply chain changes.

Retail is a changing landscape (even more so with a pandemic) changing the way people shop. Many retailers that fail to see this just won’t make it. As many already have. Change MUST happen because the way we do things in 2015 will not continue to work. If you don’t like change, retail is probably a bad choice. Just my two cents.

Oh, I'm just venting. I love retail. And the changes actually mean that I'm on equal footing, given that we are all learning it, as those TMs with years of experience. I just wish they beta tested this shit before rolling it out.

We were told today that using both causes problems because they don't necessarily talk to each other very well. And now that I think about it, I wonder if this isn't what's going on with one of my fill batches. The TM who back stocks that area might be still using My Work. She's retiring soon and understandably unexcited about learning yet another new application.

Is anyone else having battery drain issues? I can't make it through a shift without my zebra turning off (I use the same one daily and use a fresh battery at the start of my shift). This wasn't an issue with myWork.

True. Different apps use different amounts of battery. Depends on processing power required. 🤯🤣

True. Different apps use different amounts of battery. Depends on processing power required. 🤯🤣

Yeah, I'm aware that different apps use different amounts of battery. :rolleyes: I was more wondering if anyone else is experiencing a complete power down after 6 hours of being at work. I'm not constantly using the app and yet my zebra can't handle it. Since I only know of my personal experience I don't have enough data to know if this is an issue or just my crappy equipment. 👍

I think it's really funny see it backfire on stores that cheat BRLA by auditing the location, since now that'll dump a bunch of extra stuff into the pull if you back out.

This thing sounds awful. I'm continuing to use the old apps until someone tells me to stop.

Shame backstock has gone away from MyWork. It was so nice being able to do my pulls using both MyDay and MyWork. I would pull with MyDay, but leave Mywork open to backstock...cuz I know my area, if I went to pull something I knew wouldn't fit on the floor, I would just tap over to mywork and rebackstock it...but to do this in Myday, I have to exit out of my batch, fill/backstock, backstock....then go back into my batch (which has now gone up in eaches)....and proceed. Or am I doing something wrong? It's so much more convoluted/slower now. And the constant freezing of the app is killer...

It seems they are making it so you can't cheat your way out of a data integrity issue, such as incorrect SFQ causing you to fill that item in myday.

Yeah, I'm aware that different apps use different amounts of battery. :rolleyes: I was more wondering if anyone else is experiencing a complete power down after 6 hours of being at work. I'm not constantly using the app and yet my zebra can't handle it. Since I only know of my personal experience I don't have enough data to know if this is an issue or just my crappy equipment. 👍

Are you using one of the older Zebras (i.e. the one's that don't have network connection problems). Their battery life is shot to hell as is their internal memory with all the latest app updates. Grab a TC57 and things will go more smoothly even though you'll have to deal with network connection issues sometimes.

Is there no way to manually create a POG batch like before with manage inventory? How long before a POG batch is not pulled will it fall into the normal 1for1?

I wonder if retying will create another POG batch.

Ya'll can still backstock with MyWork? Mine tells me it's moved to MyDay when I scan the backroom location to backstock.

I think it's really funny see it backfire on stores that cheat BRLA by auditing the location, since now that'll dump a bunch of extra stuff into the pull if you back out.
I don't get what you mean, if they are fixing the locations with audit its to remove ghosts. There is a chance that it would locate non located items but they would be in your pull just like the new way, at the very least the next day. Lastly its spot policy to do it that way, its cheating the system, but in the end it rarely went against the right person as it gives the error to the person finding the error now anyways

Is there no way to manually create a POG batch like before with manage inventory? How long before a POG batch is not pulled will it fall into the normal 1for1?

I wonder if retying will create another POG batch.
You can just sort by pog and pull it that way

Back