MEGATHREAD myDay app

grab then and DM when u have the situation. if you are able, I can check your device live (if you're comfortable making that connection), if not we'll keep digging. grab the detailed err screens

So I gave it try today for the first time to pull my 1 for 1s. All three of them, lol. Had no issues, but I was in the app for like 10 minutes, tops. Wednesday my price changes drop and I will give it another go.

When pulling (using the ‘take’ function) an individual item from the backroom why does this question (see photo) pop up? What does it mean? And how does it effect data integrity?
I believe this is used to tell it if it should update SFQ or not. Maybe you are moving around items in the back room and don't need the SFQ to keep going up every time you pull an item.

the freezing you see ... it looks like it's trying to load but never does right? if so, that's the one we're chasing. I think it's going to take us with a dev build working in a store to lock it down. which we do if this week isn't fruitful. there's something about the organic movement in/out of the app, or wandering or repeating .... or something (if I knew what, it'd be gone). we keep finding other things and picking those off, but not "the one".

That's definitely one of the freezing issues. The other I encounter is when using Scan, I scan an item and it does not update from the last item I scanned, nothing on the screen changes or looks like it's trying to upload. I've had to swipe close the app and restart it again. Then it works and a message pops up that the app isn't working and do I want to Wait or Close App.

Pretty sure if you answer 'yes' to 'taking to salesfloor/guest' it will up the SFQ by the amount you pulled (automatically) otherwise it will not change it.

So what happens when the item you are pulling already has an SFC and SFQ that match on the salesfloor but you are pulling it to the salesfloor for flexing purposes (but haven't store-tied yet)? I've been saying Yes because it is going to the salesfloor, but if my SFQ is already at the SFC quantity, isn't the system set up not allow that? (Kind of like in EXF, it wouldn't allow SFQ to be larger than SFC.)

Last edited:
I really wish the app used your preferred name from Workday and not your legal name. Our call buttons on the Service Hubs were finally reactivated and we already have had a "hey, who is [TM's deadname]?" on the walkie when they claimed a call.

You should 100% put this into feedback. As much as Spot tries to sell themselves on diversity, this is actually a really big deal. It could result in discrimination lawsuits, if they don't address it.

I spend a good bit of every day submitting feedback, as if they don't hear about it, they can't change it, so if you have feedback, please submit it. There's a link on the home screen and everything.

I think the thing that drives me the most nuts, aside from not having fillgroups in the backstock app, is not having the ability to backstock from the item screen. I spend way too much time going back and forth and back and forth between backstock & item screens.

And when the app takes 30 seconds to load each screen, it only adds to the time wasted.

So what happens when the item you are pulling already has an SFC and SFQ that match on the salesfloor but you are pulling it to the salesfloor for flexing purposes (but haven't store-tied yet? I've been saying Yes because it is going to the salesfloor, but if my SFQ is already at the SFC quantity, isn't the system set up not allow that? (Kind of like in EXF, it wouldn't allow SFQ to be larger than SFC.)

The feature is there for taking items to reverse logistics. If you look at the take feature on myWork there was a checkbox for reverse logistics that you could choose while you were unlocating that prevented it from updating the SFQ. The new question just makes it more clear what's happening. If you pull beyond the SFQ it wont stop you from pulling it, your SFQ will cap at the SFC. You will need to manually update SFQ after you store tie the item.

When pulling (using the ‘take’ function) an individual item from the backroom why does this question (see photo) pop up? What does it mean? And how does it effect data integrity?
It determines SFQ, if there is a chance the item is going to be sold through POS you want the SFQ to update so it doesn’t mess it up after the item is sold.

If you are just taking to defect, bring to a pack station or maybe pulling out expired product you don’t want the SFQ to be updated because that item will never be on the floor.

done. it'll be in the next build.
Amazing, thank you.

random q. Is there a way if my TL says refill this endcap that myday can walk me through backroom picking items for endcap? A la epick? I know Ican see the whole pog and click through items but that was super clunky.

(this may already exist I just don’t refill floor that often so idk)

What do you have selected as your default area? If you only selected Presentation, nothing will show for Fill or any other function. You need to select specific areas for salesfloor to see anything. For Presentation Experts, this means you have to select all of GM.
Ahhh, I think only Inbound. Will have to double check that when I go in again.

Thanks!

Amazing, thank you.

random q. Is there a way if my TL says refill this endcap that myday can walk me through backroom picking items for endcap? A la epick? I know Ican see the whole pog and click through items but that was super clunky.

(this may already exist I just don’t refill floor that often so idk)

Make an item fill batch. It's basically the new exf although it will not let you pull more than the capacity on the salesfloor. I would update SFQ then do an item fill.

The feature is there for taking items to reverse logistics. If you look at the take feature on myWork there was a checkbox for reverse logistics that you could choose while you were unlocating that prevented it from updating the SFQ. The new question just makes it more clear what's happening. If you pull beyond the SFQ it wont stop you from pulling it, your SFQ will cap at the SFC. You will need to manually update SFQ after you store tie the item.

That makes sense. But feels cumbersome to have to answer every single time when before you only had to do it if it wasn't going to the salesfloor. Couldn't it just give the option to select "Item not going to salesfloor" if you need it but otherwise you only click Done?

That makes sense. But feels cumbersome to have to answer every single time when before you only had to do it if it wasn't going to the salesfloor. Couldn't it just give the option to select "Item not going to salesfloor" if you need it but otherwise you only click Done?

I don't see a purpose behind the SFQ number. Why can't the pulls be smart and compare on-hands vs capacity. (5 onhand - 5 in back = 0 on floor)

More morning issues. Due to the stupid label activation I can't use my day pricing to print labels to put on products that are clearance. Raise your hand if your store allows shelf labels for the majority of your clearance, cause mine sure as shit doesn't. Things were smooth until this forced change to a new app. Target Corp coders should be looking to streamline team members not make things more complicated

More morning issues. Due to the stupid label activation I can't use my day pricing to print labels to put on products that are clearance. Raise your hand if your store allows shelf labels for the majority of your clearance, cause mine sure as shit doesn't. Things were smooth until this forced change to a new app. Target Corp coders should be looking to streamline team members not make things more complicated

Are you trying to print a clearance shelf label or a clearance sticker? Your post isn't very clear on that.

If you want a shelf label, that can be printed with the HQ price change batch for that area using myDay. Printing>HQ>selected area.

If you want a clearance sticker, it likely didn't ask you to print one because it is still tied to a pog and not NOP. In this case, you will need to back out of Pricing and use Scan to print a clearance sticker. Scan>Print>Clearance

I don't see a purpose behind the SFQ number. Why can't the pulls be smart and compare on-hands vs capacity. (5 onhand - 5 in back = 0 on floor)

The PULLS are smart, it's the people that are un-smart.

Say a product is in two locations - endcap and the home aisle. Endcap is torn down, and all the product is backstocked (instead of being worked to the home location, first.)
The DBO can now fix it by updating the SFQ correctly at the home location, so that the product is pulled to Capacity for the home location to fix the issue created.

Also, OHs are not always correct. I sometimes get extra product, or never receive product I am supposed to have on the truck + theft, incorrectly defected items, poor zone, etc.

Last edited:
Are you trying to print a clearance shelf label or a clearance sticker? Your post isn't very clear on that.

If you want a shelf label, that can be printed with the HQ price change batch for that area using myDay. Printing>HQ>selected area.

If you want a clearance sticker, it likely didn't ask you to print one because it is still tied to a pog and not NOP. In this case, you will need to back out of Pricing and use Scan to print a clearance sticker. Scan>Print>Clearance

The latter is the intent however I shouldn't have to back out of the app in stuff that is activating today in clearance. It should be self inclusive in the same app, like the other app

The latter is the intent however I shouldn't have to back out of the app in stuff that is activating today in clearance. It should be self inclusive in the same app, like the other app

It is self inclusive in the version I have, version .25 It was not the case in earlier versions though. But, again, this is only true of items that are NOP. If the item is in a currently tied pog, it is supposed to have a clearance shelf label and not be stickered yet.

Last edited:
Back