MEGATHREAD myDay app

OH! This is maybe OT for this thread, but my ETL who would know this has retired: How do you change the media type in the new Zebra printers? When I run into printers that are set to anything other than ZPL* I can't for the life of me figure out how to change them. In the old printer it was a pretty simple settings change, but I've pushed every button I can find and I don't see the screen where I can scroll through and select media type.

How do you turn them off? Did you just force close the pickup app from the app switcher?
If you hold down the notification when it pops up or in the lock screen, you will see a slider that you can tick off but you have to it with both the "on the way" and "I'm here" notifications. It also stays disabled until you restart the device and open up the pickup app.

OH! This is maybe OT for this thread, but my ETL who would know this has retired: How do you change the media type in the new Zebra printers? When I run into printers that are set to anything other than ZPL* I can't for the life of me figure out how to change them. In the old printer it was a pretty simple settings change, but I've pushed every button I can find and I don't see the screen where I can scroll through and select media type.
It's in language I think

Back in ye olde days when POS printed directly to the printer via EZprint it was lightning fast. So hopefully it can be improved somehow. This may be a dumb question but why can’t the mydevice just print to the printer? I have to assume sending something to HQ and back has a big overhead.
I'm guessing here but most likely because of connectivity and telemetry.

Say the printer connects via Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is damaged on the device then you wouldn't be able to print so a myDevice without WiFi is a lemon anyways. The way they have it now is every printer has its own IP address and connects to the internet and listens for stuff from HQ. By doing this they can easily monitor how often we go through our printers and what type of things we print and when we print them.

If you noticed the barcode is super easy to decypher and even mess around with. All it is is the store number, "PRT", Then the printer number. So T1234PRT0001 as a barcode I could scan and it knows the store you are printing to and it knows what printer number it is.

While you do all this the printer is listening waiting to see if there is a request for T1234PRT0001 and when it does it downloads it and it prints it!

All of this happens very quickly because it's super small files.

While it does sound over-complicated and it kinda is for what it is but it works!

Now, why do we do all this? I'm glad you asked. Next question.

Side note but I'm new here and no matter what article I go to you are ALWAYS there LOL. I was just reading on the Call Buttons and bam you were a comment.

Under language. There are directions on workbench.

Back in ye olde days when POS printed directly to the printer via EZprint it was lightning fast. So hopefully it can be improved somehow. This may be a dumb question but why can’t the mydevice just print to the printer? I have to assume sending something to HQ and back has a big overhead.
The device doesn't have the data it needs to print, and changing that would be a big change that takes responsibility for completion away from the places it belongs. One of the things we try to do with the services that provide data to myDay is keep control with the services, so the system that activates the new price also triggers the print. Aside from data, there's centralization of the design of the print (ie, where stuff goes on the label), which is centralized so it can be adjusted, if necessary, without app deployments.

I'm guessing here but most likely because of connectivity and telemetry.

Say the printer connects via Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is damaged on the device then you wouldn't be able to print so a myDevice without WiFi is a lemon anyways. The way they have it now is every printer has its own IP address and connects to the internet and listens for stuff from HQ. By doing this they can easily monitor how often we go through our printers and what type of things we print and when we print them.

If you noticed the barcode is super easy to decypher and even mess around with. All it is is the store number, "PRT", Then the printer number. So T1234PRT0001 as a barcode I could scan and it knows the store you are printing to and it knows what printer number it is.

While you do all this the printer is listening waiting to see if there is a request for T1234PRT0001 and when it does it downloads it and it prints it!

All of this happens very quickly because it's super small files.

While it does sound over-complicated and it kinda is for what it is but it works!

Now, why do we do all this? I'm glad you asked. Next question.

Side note but I'm new here and no matter what article I go to you are ALWAYS there LOL. I was just reading on the Call Buttons and bam you were a comment.
This guess is not entirely accurate. You are right about the barcode having the printer name, but the printer doesn't poll for print jobs, a central server sends it down to the printer. And "over-complicated" is relative. :) The complicated task is printing the same way to 3000+ printers in 1800+ different locations.

They better not take away my requisition ability. When we need random shit for fulfillment, I don't always have time to track down the one TL in the building before the store opens.

Saw today where Requisition was being test in myDay.
I feel like (and I think this is how it’s gonna be) that if your a supervisor on the POS that you can requisition stuffs. I think this because the new system also treats me like a supervisor; as in speed keys don’t auto log me in. I can do major price changes without problem. Etc.

That totally won't backfire at all....
We know who's logged in to the myDevices, you know. But we also can tie functions to roles, which I'll mention to the group working on it today just in case it slipped minds.

You can turn on Do Not Disturb.
Please, please, please don't. Please. You may know how to turn it off, but the CSC doesn't, and it's hard to explain over the phone, particularly with the way the devices are locked down, then the incidents start coming in to me for missed meal alerts. Please just turn the volume down if you must do something, and know that we'll eventually get it so it rings fewer devices.

Seems to me that after this last update the screen is not as bright as it was. It's always goes to a darker setting so I have to adjust it. I set to the brightest setting but it's not as bright as it was before. Really an issue in backroom and receiving because lights aren't as bright as salesfloor.

Seems to me that after this last update the screen is not as bright as it was. It's always goes to a darker setting so I have to adjust it. I set to the brightest setting but it's not as bright as it was before. Really an issue in backroom and receiving because lights aren't as bright as salesfloor.
Think it has nothing to do with the MyDay app and has to do with your Zebra settings. You can adjust the brightness in the settings and I believe there's a checkbox that will turn on/off auto-brightness.

Think it has nothing to do with the MyDay app and has to do with your Zebra settings. You can adjust the brightness in the settings and I believe there's a checkbox that will turn on/off auto-brightness.
I do adjust it. I'm now constantly adjusting it. I know it might just be me but it's not as bright since this new update.

What 'update' are you talking about? myDay wouldn't affect brightness settings. Are you talking about the conversion to TEP (ie the 'up & down' scrolling homescreen)?
can we talk about TEP for a hot sec? In what world is that up and down scrolling of all the apps clumped together in an arbitrary order better than a Home Screen, where anyone who uses a smartphone is familiar with the concept and can learn where icons are easily

I feel like (and I think this is how it’s gonna be) that if your a supervisor on the POS that you can requisition stuffs. I think this because the new system also treats me like a supervisor; as in speed keys don’t auto log me in. I can do major price changes without problem. Etc.
that's because new pos has no concept of supervisor numbers, everyone can do anything

can we talk about TEP for a hot sec? In what world is that up and down scrolling of all the apps clumped together in an arbitrary order better than a Home Screen, where anyone who uses a smartphone is familiar with the concept and can learn where icons are easily
Maybe if it was alphabetized but omg it’s NOT. Honestly if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Especially layout.

Back