MEGATHREAD myDay app

So, how do we change printers from PDF back to ZPL*?
PML has the below info.
  1. From home page press upper left button under Menu.
  2. Arrow down until ABC Languages is highlighted in yellow and select OK.
  3. Right arrow until Role: PDF appears, then arrow down to ZPL*. and use upper right button under USE.
  4. Printer will restart, once it has rebooted it will be in the correct mode.

PML has the below info.
  3. Right arrow until Role: PDF appears, then arrow down to ZPL*. and use upper right button under USE.
Also on workbench too.

You mean people just don't push all the possible buttons/menus until they find what they are looking for? Because that's how I learn how to do all the things people always ask me to fix. 😆
This is generally what I do, but I don't think, if I had seen "ABC Languages" that I would have clicked into it, because it would never occur to me that roles are under languages.

PML has the below info.
Ok, so this worked for me tonight!

But then the printer wouldn't print because of a "network error" like half of our printers, so *sigh*

Seriously, though, if anyone has the power to change this, please do. That set of steps to change role is so thoroughly unintuitive that I can only think someone designed to make it really hard on purpose, which isn't great, either.

But then the printer wouldn't print because of a "network error" like half of our printers, so *sigh*

Seriously, though, if anyone has the power to change this, please do. That set of steps to change role is so thoroughly unintuitive that I can only think someone designed to make it really hard on purpose, which isn't great, either.
Your printers may need an update.

that’s just the printer software. not a whole lot anyone can do about it

I'm hoping that defecting is going to come to myday eventually, but when it does can it please be set so that you can defect out multiple items at once? I know we can do it for most foods, but I hate having to scan any other item multiple times just to defect out multiples. I've had to defect out entire cases of product at one time and it is tiresome to have to scan it 10+ times

Wasn't there a pause button in Fill? So you could pause your batch and check an item and then go back to pulling. If not, there needs to be one and if there was, is it coming back?

Wasn't there a pause button in Fill? So you could pause your batch and check an item and then go back to pulling. If not, there needs to be one and if there was, is it coming back?
If you use the search in the top-right, you can find an item or scan one and then return to the pull by pressing back a few times.

Speaking of which, currently there's a bug in that if you take anything from a location before returning to the pull using this feature, the UI gets messed up thinking you're trying to backstock and you have to exit the pull completely.

I'm hoping that defecting is going to come to myday eventually, but when it does can it please be set so that you can defect out multiple items at once? I know we can do it for most foods, but I hate having to scan any other item multiple times just to defect out multiples. I've had to defect out entire cases of product at one time and it is tiresome to have to scan it 10+ times
I don't really understand why they don't prioritize defecting honestly. If they add it then most of myWorks userbase can switch to myDay. Isn't that what target wants?

I don't really understand why they don't prioritize defecting honestly. If they add it then most of myWorks userbase can switch to myDay. Isn't that what target wants?
There was a learning added recently for defecting and it mentions using MyDay to defect and didn't say anything about MyWork, so hopefully that means it'll be coming in the near future.

When we are pulling 141s it would be nice if there was some kind of notification if it is asking you to pull all of the item that is in a waco. With BTS I had to count out all these pencils when it ended up just being everything in the waco. It would save a little bit of time and make pulling slightly less tedious.
Agreed! Right now you can toggle into myWork to see how many are stowed there, but once it's gone that won't be an option anymore.

Please, please, please. Can't say how many times I've been frustrated trying to help a guest find an item that they're just sure we have. When the search comes up with 300 matches that aren't really matches at all, it doesn't help much. And then when I try to narrow it down, I get 0 matches. Or maybe I'm just totally clueless on this function, but I seem to manage just fine on my home laptop on non-Target things.
umm this may be a dumb question but how do you help a guest find an item with the device, because i've had like two come up to me and ask and i have no clue what to do. my trainer didn't exactly tell me that...

umm this may be a dumb question but how do you help a guest find an item with the device, because i've had like two come up to me and ask and i have no clue what to do. my trainer didn't exactly tell me that...

On the Search tab of the zebra is a search function at the top (looks like a magnifying glass). Type in what the guest is looking for and options will pop up. Narrow down which department it will likely be in and if you find the exact item it will tell you the location in the store, if any.

I know you are new, but it amazes me how many veteran TMs don't know how to do this and just call out on the walkie.

When we are pulling 141s it would be nice if there was some kind of notification if it is asking you to pull all of the item that is in a waco. With BTS I had to count out all these pencils when it ended up just being everything in the waco. It would save a little bit of time and make pulling slightly less tedious.
This would also help fix errors where there's say 6 of an item in a waco, but the system thinks there's only 5. If it needs the last one it thinks is in there, it'd tell you to pull all of them instead, thus preventing a ghost.

On the Search tab of the zebra is a search function at the top (looks like a magnifying glass). Type in what the guest is looking for and options will pop up. Narrow down which department it will likely be in and if you find the exact item it will tell you the location in the store, if any.

I know you are new, but it amazes me how many veteran TMs don't know how to do this and just call out on the walkie.
To add clarification, this is the search tab in the myDay app.

This would also help fix errors where there's say 6 of an item in a waco, but the system thinks there's only 5. If it needs the last one it thinks is in there, it'd tell you to pull all of them instead, thus preventing a ghost.
This too. I had a lot of pulls where I would count them out and then one would be left in the waco and I would doubt my counting ability. A confirmation about what is actually in the waco would really make pulls faster.

Back