MEGATHREAD myDay app

When in price change hit the pause square(for lack of a better word) then hit the blue print option and go to the clearance option and hit how many tickets you need. No need to leave price change. When done just hit the arrow on the top left to get back to the price change screen
Oooo. Very nice, thank you. I’ve said it many times ; TBR has taught me more than anyone in my store . . . . And I’m ‘off the clock”. !!

When in price change hit the pause square(for lack of a better word) then hit the blue print option and go to the clearance option and hit how many tickets you need. No need to leave price change. When done just hit the arrow on the top left to get back to the price change screen
Yeah but it’s still a bit tedious. I wish if you scan the label you can print it then and there. Also I wish you could connect two printers at ones. White and yellow.

I fixed one yesterday. I'm pretty tech-savvy i just had to dig through the menus. With that said not everyone knows how to go onto the workbench and find the help that they need. In our stores, we don't have any expensive apple products out we have little tags. With that said we needed to print out the tags again because new apple products came out. I told the person who was running plano that it was on the workbench and the face she gave me was like she was starstruck.

My point is not everyone fully understands how to use the Zebras and its accessories and even the workbench for the matter and when there is a simple problem like a printer just needs to get set to ZPL it would legit take maybe 30 minutes to write up a little guide on how to fix it. An hour with pictures.

If they really want myDay to be better as a whole. It needs to be more than pretty.
Hey we need to find the tags in our store? What did you search for those product tags?

@SamSepiol could gatekeeper be adjusted to log out after 9 hours instead of 8? a lot of us get 8.5 hour shifts and being logged out with 30 mins to go is super annoying

or maybe like a warning "you will be logged out in 5 minutes. tap here to stay logged in."
Last I heard it it is a security policy as we didn't want to leave devices logged in too long.

One extra hour wouldn’t kill anyone. Or ideally it should know our scheduled shift and go off of that

even “enter your pin to stay logged in” would be secure and more convenient

👆🏻 Yes this! I would think it would be fairly easy as upcoming compliance and working past scheduled shift already exist as alerts.

Why not just log out when you go on lunch? That's what I do as well as swap out the battery so I don't have to deal with being logged out
That’s what I’ve gotten in the habit of doing. By the time I go to lunch my device is on 50-30% range.

One extra hour wouldn’t kill anyone. Or ideally it should know our scheduled shift and go off of that

even “enter your pin to stay logged in” would be secure and more convenient
As much as I would love to support this idea (ESPECIALLY ON THE POS) here is why I don't think it is going to happen and why.

The Devices use a tool called Gatekeeper. When you open really any app on the device it asks GK (gatekeeper) who you are. If GK says "idk who this is. lemme make them login" it loads the target login thingy. This said login is the same authorization website used on the POS to log you in.

Once you logged it gives GK a key to allow you to use the apps. Then when you open an app it asks GK who is using the device and GK goes " oh yeah this is user xyz. here is the authorization key to log them in to stuff and to prove they logged in :D"

Why did I bring this all up? When Target decides that you should be signed out of your devices it tells " HEY GK! Kick out user "1234, 234553, 2234234, ....". Then when whatever app you're using realizes that your auth key is expired it launches the login screen.

As of right now it just launches the website to log you in and get your auth key. It can't say "Hey user you were supposed to leave at 8. is it still you?" because of the way the target handles it. In the end, it is legit safer and easier to kick off users that they think might be done rather than just ask them to reauthenticate.

@SamSepiol noticed myday also isn’t able to reboot printers into the correct mode. Had one set to PDF instead of ZPL* and myday just kept erroring out.

also if you could let appropriate people know to please add “display” as an option when reporting register issues in the help section, that would be great.
Wait, MyDay is how you change the printer modes on the new printers? I spent waaaay too much time trying to find the menu option when it disappeared from the Settings menu or whatever it was on the old printers.

How do you do that?

no but it's supposed to change the printer setting to the correct setting for the appropriate app when you scan it. it only works right now (for whatever reason) when you scan a printer with a mycheckout; it'll drop it into pdf mode for receipt printing

you can change it in language settings by opening up that option and pressing the right arrow a bunch of times tho

no but it's supposed to change the printer setting to the correct setting for the appropriate app when you scan it. it only works right now (for whatever reason) when you scan a printer with a mycheckout; it'll drop it into pdf mode for receipt printing

you can change it in language settings by opening up that option and pressing the right arrow a bunch of times tho
While I would like apps to auto change settings, it does not currently so I wouldn't be saying it's 'supposed to change the settings' as only the mycheckout app implemented this functionality.

Believe me, I wish it swapped automatically, but there are a lot more things in the pipeline that are more important.

Also the other 'main' reason is that usually a store only uses set printers for myCheckout so they basically never leave PDF and since there's a set batch of printers, all the other printers 'basically' stay on ZPL* always since, well, why would they be on anything else.

Believe me, I wish it swapped automatically, but there are a lot more things in the pipeline that are more important.

Also the other 'main' reason is that usually a store only uses set printers for myCheckout so they basically never leave PDF and since there's a set batch of printers, all the other printers 'basically' stay on ZPL* always since, well, why would they be on anything else.
Yeah, but when my printer was in PDF mode I had no idea what tf the problem was lol. I do agree though, I will say if it does exist in the myCheckouts to set them to PDF why not just have an if in myDay code. If the print fails because of incorrect mode switch it.

You have clearly never worked in a store lol

Back