MEGATHREAD myDay app

Is there a way to see a fill group for an item while backstocking? I think that would be helpful to have especially for areas with multiple fill groups that are backstocked in similar areas.

Please fix the font size and have some sort of color contrast on the screen. I do like how you can easily change the capacity and SFQ. I also like how you can pull by aisles. I think the option to backstock should be under the scan function. It’s more intuitive and user-friendly than having to back out to the home screen and go into Fill/Backstock.

Is there a way to see a fill group for an item while backstocking? I think that would be helpful to have especially for areas with multiple fill groups that are backstocked in similar areas.

Fillgroups will be going away sooner rather than later so it's not likely they will be adding those in.

I got burned big time by myDay today :(
Spent all this time making an item fill.. myDay couldn’t handle even the first item in the task and failed.. the whole batch gone instantly.

where do these batches even go when it fails!?! Did no one think to add a way to recover these when the system has a bad day (which right now is every day)

I got burned big time by myDay today :(
Spent all this time making an item fill.. myDay couldn’t handle even the first item in the task and failed.. the whole batch gone instantly.

where do these batches even go when it fails!?! Did no one think to add a way to recover these when the system has a bad day (which right now is every day)

we can take it to on the side, and I can see what happened in this case. there's no reason for us to lose it, if you've got .23 it should continue w the same list you were on ... but that's presuming this isn't a 'fun' new version of the list loss

I don't understand the new pull completion metric. How is it affecting it if I exit the pull, reenter, and new stuff was added and I skip it? Are they expecting stuff to get pulled throughout the day? Because god knows we don't have the staffing for that. It sucks having to use multiple vehicles and when you exit and reenter, more stuff dropped in for the part you already pulled.

I don't understand the new pull completion metric. How is it affecting it if I exit the pull, reenter, and new stuff was added and I skip it? Are they expecting stuff to get pulled throughout the day? Because god knows we don't have the staffing for that. It sucks having to use multiple vehicles and when you exit and reenter, more stuff dropped in for the part you already pulled.
I also had the same question and no one knows the answer at my store ! They are like ok give it a try , if it fails continue with Move app . I start my pulls early in the day , so we don’t even have the luxury to have a uboat . I’m pushing all my pulls on a 3-tier. So I have to go back and forth . It was fine until now but with this app , may be I will try to pull more tasks before pushing it.
Also, even when I did half of my pulls with Move app , it didn’t reflect on the tasks in my app. When I was all done , I just checked the task number in my app and it was around 280. I feel so confused and my TL is off until Monday .

I have no insider information but I think right now they are looking at overall usage of MyDay vs MyWork. Now reading the tea leaves they want some sort of fulfillment throughout the day. I guess that’s why they broke it down by aisle.
As a Closing TL I am directing my closing team to pull and fill via MyDay by aisles until 7pm. Then it’s brand. I am about brand until “they” say otherwise.

Fillgroups will be going away sooner rather than later so it's not likely they will be adding those in.
Really? Why would Fillgroups be going away? I'm in toys and to have to separate fillgroups is helpful for organizing the back. As well as during Q4 for making separate workloads for the multiple people in toys.

Please put meal compliance back in HR alerts. I get that pushing directly to the TM and their Leaders is a good thing and I’m all for that. But either keep HR looped in or make the metric meaningless. We have to be accountable for compliance over 1% without the tools to stay under that metric. Just let us keep this one, please.

Really? Why would Fillgroups be going away? I'm in toys and to have to separate fillgroups is helpful for organizing the back. As well as during Q4 for making separate workloads for the multiple people in toys.

Fillgroups will be going away because DPCIs are also going away. TCIN (Target.com Item Number) is the future. Sometime next year I believe.

Backstock should be grouped by the aisle/pog it is in on the salesfloor now. Essentially this is the same as by fillgroups by more segmented to easily identify flexing opportunities.

Except transitions on the floor now essentially mean transitions in the backroom. That can be almost double the workload, but I doubt hours are going to reflect that.

Except transitions on the floor now essentially mean transitions in the backroom. That can be almost double the workload, but I doubt hours are going to reflect that.

It's more a grouping by pog as opposed to aisle. Which means no rearranging in the back if the floor moves around.

Fillgroups will be going away because DPCIs are also going away. TCIN (Target.com Item Number) is the future. Sometime next year I believe.

Backstock should be grouped by the aisle/pog it is in on the salesfloor now. Essentially this is the same as by fillgroups by more segmented to easily identify flexing opportunities.
Interesting. I had no idea this was coming. My backroom is already organized by aisle/pog but also fillgroup. I guess I have to fix a couple things now in my back to reflect this.
By aisle/pog definitely makes it easier to fill the floor and to pull/push 141s. I don't mind that. I'll just have to wrap my head around losing fillgroups and DPCIs at some point.

At the beginning of the year I tried to convince my ETL that the backroom should be organized by POG, but he had a "better" system that is confusing to anyone who doesn't work in our department(consumables). I even tried to warn him fillgroups would be going away at some point and he didn't/doesn't believe me. Even the most recent communication from the SD is that fillgroups is the most important consideration when backstocking.

The best I can do is change as much as I can each time my ETL goes on a vacation.

I feel like it doesn't matter too much. You can pull by aisle to keep your pulls organized and efficient, so there's no need to organize by POG in the back. It just becomes disorganized once normally light areas see a massive influx of freight. If you want to see what you have a lot of to build endcaps, use Greenfield and the Backroom Detail Report. Filter by backroom aisle(s) and sort by eaches.

The entire purpose of the backroom is to contain excess that doesn't fit on the floor. The floor has capacities to maintain presentation, but the backroom does not. So if you make the first section of an aisle dedicated to peanut butter, because that's all you need at that point in time, there's no guarantee that you won't need more than that sometime down the road. And if you fill the second section with something else, you need to either pull all of it out to keep your peanut butter sections together or throw another peanut butter section further down in the aisle.. which defeats the purpose of organizing it by section in the first place.

It's 100% better to keep the backroom flexible to help manage varying levels of backstock, especially now that everything has to be caseless. It's even easier now that we can pull by aisle, because the only efficiency to be gained is by keeping everything together while pushing.

Last edited:
To try and get this back on topic. I know you can pull by pogs/aisle in MyDay but can I put multiple aisles in one a batch and then pull it? Say I want to pull B7-15, can I make a single batch for all those aisles and pull them at the same time?

I haven't played around too much with pulls in MyDay yet.

To try and get this back on topic. I know you can pull by pogs/aisle in MyDay but can I put multiple aisles in one a batch and then pull it? Say I want to pull B7-15, can I make a single batch for all those aisles and pull them at the same time?

I haven't played around too much with pulls in MyDay yet.

Yes, you can.

I feel like it doesn't matter too much. You can pull by aisle to keep your pulls organized and efficient, so there's no need to organize by POG in the back. It just becomes disorganized once normally light areas see a massive influx of freight. If you want to see what you have a lot of to build endcaps, use Greenfield and the Backroom Detail Report. Filter by backroom aisle(s) and sort by eaches.

The entire purpose of the backroom is to contain excess that doesn't fit on the floor. The floor has capacities to maintain presentation, but the backroom does not. So if you make the first section of an aisle dedicated to peanut butter, because that's all you need at that point in time, there's no guarantee that you won't need more than that sometime down the road. And if you fill the second section with something else, you need to either pull all of it out to keep your peanut butter sections together or throw another peanut butter section further down in the aisle.. which defeats the purpose of organizing it by section in the first place.

It's 100% better to keep the backroom flexible to help manage varying levels of backstock, especially now that everything has to be caseless. It's even easier now that we can pull by aisle, because the only efficiency to be gained is by keeping everything together while pushing.

Available space isn't a problem in the backroom when backstock isn't allowed anyway (or very strongly discouraged at least). My store has no backstock for any Paper, Plastics, Chem, Home, or Sporting Goods. Other areas do still have backstock but not to the point you can't have designated sections based on pog or aisle.

My space in the BR depends upon the truck and upcoming endcaps/POG/Rev, and just how terrible the DC is at planning. Right now I am full in the BR.

Back