MEGATHREAD myDay app

We ended up printing the endcap names on cut up sticky labels and stuck them to the back of the endcaps. The changes are infrequent enough that it's helpful, and the tiny labels that say "D999 01F" are small enough that they've never been called out on visits. Suddenly we don't have to hear "They sent us too many endcaps!!!" anymore.
Are endcaps not called like A23(0) anymore?

Are endcaps not called like A23(0) anymore?

They are. The post is referring to the name of the salesplans that go on the endcaps. For example, an endcap for D171 called 01F will always go on the same endcap. In this case, for my store, that endcap is A23(0).

They are. The post is referring to the name of the salesplans that go on the endcaps. For example, an endcap for D171 called 01F will always go on the same endcap. In this case, for my store, that endcap is A23(0).
Sometimes the map is sooooo bad though XD. Like the light bulbs at the back of sporting goods. Or the instant pots that were at the front of closet storage this time around

Sometimes the map is sooooo bad though XD. Like the light bulbs at the back of sporting goods. Or the instant pots that were at the front of closet storage this time around

True. The lightbulb one is because of the salesplan department it is in. The home improvement areas are split up and lightbulbs near sporting goods is the result. The Instant Pot one though......makes little sense. Completely different departments between the item and the endcap. Only makes sense from a Black Friday endcap viewpoint or similar to the Sharper Image endcaps that end up in plastics.

Unless you work at my store, where leadership scorns the use of maps and thinks guesswork is simpler and more efficient. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can we please change the alert for meal compliance?

I would love it to have a much more unique and obnoxious sound versus sounding like literally every other alert that drops in. Ideally it would be an alert that would need to be forced closed. (My ETL wants it to be an intrusive as an Amber alert but I would lose my shit if I had to hear meal compliance sounding like that lol)

Why is myDay making some items backstock as “some”? Super annoying especially for stuff like Apple products.
They did this during BTS too for the top 50 items and clothes have always been backstocked like that, pretty sure it was to make it easier to backtock and allowed fulfillment to skip casestock locations and pick from openstock, or just skip the backroom altogether but they allow us to do that anyway now. There's a top 20 fulfillment page on greenfield that has a bunch of toys that are backstocked as some but I saw airpods backstocked like that a couple days ago and thought it was stupid to have a high value item like that.

I still don't know how to defect out items with myday. Have to close myday, then log into mywork to defect item, then close mywork , and log back on to myday to continue with any other duties. I found it amazing that while this app was rolled out there was absolutely NO training on how to use this new app, but we had MANDATORY training on sexual harassment. Like, if you don't know what sexual harassment is and why you shouldn't do it you shouldn't be working here to begin with.

I still don't know how to defect out items with myday. Have to close myday, then log into mywork to defect item, then close mywork , and log back on to myday to continue with any other duties. I found it amazing that while this app was rolled out there was absolutely NO training on how to use this new app, but we had MANDATORY training on sexual harassment. Like, if you don't know what sexual harassment is and why you shouldn't do it you shouldn't be working here to begin with.
There is no way to defect in MyDay, you have to do it from MyWork. You can have both apps open at once though, so you shouldn't need to be logging back in to MyDay every time.

You shouldn't have to log in and out, just go back and forth between the two like on your cell phone.

@mobileFellow - can you guys PLEASE make it to where the green confirmation messages can be tapped through or simply time out after a second? It is super freaking annoying when I’m having to change on the floor counts or add labels or signs to my batch and I have to wait 5 seconds or tap 10 times to get it to register that I want to “print” something.
This! MyDay suffers from poor UI design and the UX testing is not generating the feedback to say it's bad.

MyDay was supposed to replace MyWork, by streamlining processes and providing a single point of access for the user. MyDay is NOT doing things better and it looks as if the developers did not look at MyWork and pull the processes that worked well and implemented them into MyDay first. I suspect whomever designed this, never actually used MyWork in the wild before designing MyDay.

Some Other Issues:
Printing labels… can't create a batch with more than 1 label of a dpci (have an end cap with 5 shelves and all the same item… I'm going to need to print 5 labels, if I print from the Signing & Label printer. Same for 3X2 Labels for those Ads.). Why can't I batch price accuracy labels or all Labels when doing POGs… nothing like wasting a full sheet of 30 labels to find out that there wasn't any price accuracy for that one revision.

Can we make the Set workload more discernible… I have good vision, and I think it's a grey and white mess. No clear indication if a pog is tied (or where or where it will be tied too). No clear indication of grouping for a department (seriously using Pog titles is the least helpful element and it's the largest element).

It sucks. The life of a fulfillment TM picking grocery batches: OK, so we're out of this one thing on the floor or it doesn't meet date requirements so I have to take it from the back. I can't just hit Can't Find and have it take me to the back because that doesn't always work. I have to click through to MyWork to see it any is located in the back. If it's not then, I have to go back to look. Always fun when it's a frozen item. Put on a coat and enter the freezer. Look around. Think you spot it. Open MyDay. Click Scan and make sure the DPCI matches. Oh, yeah! It does. Flip to ePick. Pick the Item. Back to MyDay. Switch to Home, Tasks, Backstock. Scan the item again. Put into location.

If the item is located in the back. It's still having to go from MyWork to MyDay. To first scan the item and make sure it's the right one. Then go to Item Details to Take the Item and likely 0 out the floor count. Then, back to ePick to officially get the item.

This is efficiency. It sucks.

It sucks. The life of a fulfillment TM picking grocery batches: OK, so we're out of this one thing on the floor or it doesn't meet date requirements so I have to take it from the back. I can't just hit Can't Find and have it take me to the back because that doesn't always work. I have to click through to MyWork to see it any is located in the back. If it's not then, I have to go back to look. Always fun when it's a frozen item. Put on a coat and enter the freezer. Look around. Think you spot it. Open MyDay. Click Scan and make sure the DPCI matches. Oh, yeah! It does. Flip to ePick. Pick the Item. Back to MyDay. Switch to Home, Tasks, Backstock. Scan the item again. Put into location.

If the item is located in the back. It's still having to go from MyWork to MyDay. To first scan the item and make sure it's the right one. Then go to Item Details to Take the Item and likely 0 out the floor count. Then, back to ePick to officially get the item.

Atleast I’m glad you are doing ‘Take’. I know it’s painful but I have seen many fulfillment tms just grabbing the stuff without pulling it through myday. Every time when I do one for ones I get lots of errors and I have to toggle between myday and audit to fix it .

Atleast I’m glad you are doing ‘Take’. I know it’s painful but I have seen many fulfillment tms just grabbing the stuff without pulling it through myday. Every time when I do one for ones I get lots of errors and I have to toggle between myday and audit to fix it .

Of course I always hit Take. BRLA is sacred for fulfillment.

So much time is wasted in toys pulling obvious overstock items, double checking it's overstock, then backstocking it again. SFQ is accurate to capacity yet it still ask for it everyday.

Efficiency at its best.
This is happening for me in Mens too. I pull, backstock, and the same damn items just pop up in the next Fill. Quantities are correct and still this nonsense.

I copy & paste the DPCI into myDay to bypass myWork altogether.

Back