MEGATHREAD myDay app

Well I am grocery and we don't have time either haha. We carry over 20+ U-boats of freight everyday and all anyone cares about getting done is the 1-4-1's for checklanes (and the rest of the 1-4-1's)
Yeah, grocery is usually in the same boat at my store too with vehicles constantly rolling. If inbound doesn't help them with their push, it will not even come close to clean. Dry could use another person at my store as it is, so no way they could help with checklanes or mini seasonal or paper or whatever else other stores have them doing

I still don't know how to defect out items with myday. Have to close myday, then log into mywork to defect item, then close mywork , and log back on to myday to continue with any other duties. I found it amazing that while this app was rolled out there was absolutely NO training on how to use this new app, but we had MANDATORY training on sexual harassment. Like, if you don't know what sexual harassment is and why you shouldn't do it you shouldn't be working here to begin with.
There's definitely training on Mayday, sorry if your leaders didn't inform you. Its in the Mayday app.

Can someone on the myDay Team please fix this bug with the formatting of the coloring for the price change details. It pushes other text off the screen and really bothers me. @HQWireless

Attachments

• 574AF8C7-93D7-42BE-BF10-7A92AA53359A.jpeg
    574AF8C7-93D7-42BE-BF10-7A92AA53359A.jpeg
    839.6 KB · Views: 64
Question. Was myDay written in-house or by an outside firm?
In-house. I’m on that team, but it really is many teams working together. What you see is just a UI that interacts with dozens of services made by as many teams. But it’s made by team members like you and me.
So they can fix it, too? 🤔🤪😂
We can and are constantly trying.
Problem is: no one would admit something they did HAS a problem . So it’s more of a case of: “fix what ?”
I’ll admit when myDay has a bug. We look for them, honestly, but it’s a big app with a lot of moving parts and we’re humans who write it. We fix every one we find, and also the ones you tell me about. Sometimes it takes a little while.
It would be nice to be able to actually read communication instead of a stalled page loading.
View attachment 12067
The upstream provider that gives us comm has had problems recently. Known issue that we’re trying to resolve.

@HQWireless How come some Zebra's have issues downloading/viewing the adjacency map on myday (workbench)? It will not do anything when I click on it.
If you’re actually on Workbench, even if you got there through the link in myDay, I don’t know. Workbench is a completely separate thing that we link to and show, and I can’t control how it gives us content. It’s SharePoint backed, and I have strong feelings about SharePoint. I do know that if it tries to download a PDF, that’s disabled most of the time.

@HQWireless I just wanted to say thank you to you and everyone working on the app. You've all been very quick on fixing many of the issues as they have been brought to your attention either here on TBR or thru the app itself. It does not go unnoticed and every fix is appreciated.
Thank you, @SigningLady. I know the team will appreciate this, and I will definitely pass this one on to them, like right now. :)

It's great to see you here again for feedback HQWireless. I'll re-post this message of suggestions/feedback that I wrote in October. I've updated it with some new feedback and removed things that have since been fixed.

After using the app for a while, here's some of my feedback/suggestions:

• When updating SFQ for items with lots of locations such as checklane items it is very time consuming as whenever you select a location, it scrolls back to the beginning of the list, and you have to scroll back to where you were at every time. It should just stay in place and not put you back at the start when you select a different location.
  • There should be a quick shortcut button from the item details screen to backstock that item.
  • One bug I've noticed during pulls is it will sometimes say "x other items needed in this location", but it will not have you pull all of them. For example today it said I had 5 different DPCIs needed from one location, I pulled 2 of them and it skipped to the next location. The other 3 items showed up again next time I entered the pull.
  • Another feature that would be very nice is to have a list of the items in a pull, and the ability to jump to any item on that list. Then you could skip ahead without needing to repeatedly press 'skip location' to get back to where you were on a pull after leaving it. You essentially have to skip through the items that have dropped in during the pull if you want to ever finish it if it's a busy aisle, and this happens every time you need to reenter it because you have to leave the pull in order to backstock. This would also be great if the pull you are working on covers multiple backroom aisles, and you need to skip an aisle, for example due to another TM being busy in that aisle.
  • When choosing 'fill', you cannot put in a number that would go above the floor capacity of the product, which means having to go back and adjust the floor quantity to tell the system that the amount of remaining space is equal to the amount that you just so happen to want to pull, and then go to fill the item again. This was not a problem in MyWork, as it would just set the SFQ to the capacity.
  • Due to how much you have to leave and enter pulls, there should also be a button somewhere to quickly go back into the last pull you were in, without having to go through the whole list again to find and select the same area/aisle/pog.
  • When in a pull and it wants multiple DPCIs from one location, if you scan an item you can no longer use the 'skip location' button, it would be helpful if you could still skip, as otherwise if one of those other items is not actually in that location, you have to exit and reenter the pull to get past it.

@HQWireless it would be amazing if you could axe the super buggy price match app and just have a price match button on item details page. GSTMs would love you. (the price match button would show target.com price as well as links to competitors, like the current price match app does)

It's great to see you here again for feedback HQWireless. I'll re-post this message of suggestions/feedback that I wrote in October. I've updated it with some new feedback and removed things that have since been fixed.
I'll bring these back. Heads up, though, some of these are by design (ie, intentional), and my influence at addressing app problems is far greater than changing processes. Such is the life of an engineer in a product org. Fortunately, I have really great product owners who are open to feedback, and they'll get yours.

@HQWireless it would be amazing if you could axe the super buggy price match app and just have a price match button on item details page. GSTMs would love you. (the price match button would show target.com price as well as links to competitors, like the current price match app does)
How about both? What can we address in Price Match? The future of price match in myDay isn't something I can speak to, of course, but I can see it hypothetically happening, eventually (and to be clear, if I knew it was happening or not, I have honestly no idea when).

@HQWireless

There should be a way to decrease capacity counts on the audit app. You can increase the capacity but not decrease, so I'm jumping back n' forth between audit app and myday. It should be more streamline.

What can we address in Price Match?
#1 thing. It only works for items sold on target.com. In store only items that we wanna price match to say Amazon for example, it can’t do (returns item not found error). seems like it (incorrectly) pulls from t.com database as opposed to full database.

until integration happens... could we get a link to PM app from item details page?

Last edited:
How come price match still doesn't have automatic search support for websites you can clearly figure out their search url in 2.5 seconds. At least they updated price match at all. 😂

@HQWireless

There should be a way to decrease capacity counts on the audit app. You can increase the capacity but not decrease, so I'm jumping back n' forth between audit app and myday. It should be more streamline.
Being neither psychic nor speaking about future functionality, I think the more realistic scenario is we get Audit in myDay before we adjust capacity any other way. We try to be deliberate about inventory adjustment interactions since they have a material impact on things (and it’s hard enough anyway).
#1 thing. It only works for items sold on target.com. In store only items that we wanna price match to say Amazon for example, it can’t do (returns item not found error). seems like it (incorrectly) pulls from t.com database as opposed to full database.

until integration happens... could we get a link to PM app from item details page?
That could well be it. In-store only and dotcom items are better than they were when I started (which is to say, completely separate and never the twain shall meet), but it still misses sometimes. Let me ask check the code on that one tomorrow and see what it’s hitting.

@HQWireless There's a bug that I noticed this week. If I scan a promo item that's buy 2 get $1 off it doesn't reflect that promo in myDay. It does though when you ring it up on the register. This week it's the Good and Gather Coffee.

@HQWireless There's a bug that I noticed this week. If I scan a promo item that's buy 2 get $1 off it doesn't reflect that promo in myDay. It does though when you ring it up on the register. This week it's the Good and Gather Coffee.
That sounds more like a data issue (still a problem though). Got a DPCI or TCIN? Maybe even your store number, though you don’t have to particularly if it’s a chain-wide promo.

That sounds more like a data issue (still a problem though). Got a DPCI or TCIN? Maybe even your store number, though you don’t have to particularly if it’s a chain-wide promo.
231-10-2315

Also just thought of something I'd love to see in myDay. When you scan a printer, it auto checks the printer settings for zpl*. myCheckout already automatically changes the printer to PDF when scanned.

231-10-2315

Also just thought of something I'd love to see in myDay. When you scan a printer, it auto checks the printer settings for zpl*. myCheckout already automatically changes the printer to PDF when scanned.
I will check that DPCI over the weekend.

Printers are funny things. When you “connect” to the printer (scan it), we validate that the printer should exist, but don’t actually talk to the printer itself. Without going in to detail, prints go through a central, internal service to get the proper formatting and such, and to my knowledge, we don’t check the settings on the printer the way you described. That said, just because we don’t doesn’t mean we can’t.

I will check that DPCI over the weekend.

Printers are funny things. When you “connect” to the printer (scan it), we validate that the printer should exist, but don’t actually talk to the printer itself. Without going in to detail, prints go through a central, internal service to get the proper formatting and such, and to my knowledge, we don’t check the settings on the printer the way you described. That said, just because we don’t doesn’t mean we can’t.
Thanks for looking into that!

It seems they already have that functionality in the line busting app because if you scan a printer that is in ZPL* using that app it automatically restarts the printer to PDF mode for receipt printing. Idk how easy that would be to implement the same to myDay, but it would save a lot of trouble and time for team members.

Thanks for looking into that!

It seems they already have that functionality in the line busting app because if you scan a printer that is in ZPL* using that app it automatically restarts the printer to PDF mode for receipt printing. Idk how easy that would be to implement the same to myDay, but it would save a lot of trouble and time for team members.
You can change settings on printers manually. Go workbench, search under wireless printers for directions.

It’s not a main functionality by any means but apps that are more split screen friendly would be cool. I find myself using it a lot. But they aren’t always friendly about it. myDay completely stops responding when split screen is evoked.

Back