MEGATHREAD myDay app

It’s not a main functionality by any means but apps that are more split screen friendly would be cool. I find myself using it a lot. But they aren’t always friendly about it. myDay completely stops responding when split screen is evoked.
My dirty secret with this job is that I'm actually an iOS user primarily, and just use Androids here for work stuff. What do you mean by "split screen"?

My dirty secret with this job is that I'm actually an iOS user primarily, and just use Androids here for work stuff. What do you mean by "split screen"?
Zebra will offer 2 screen split halfway on the display. I don't use. But when I hit the button by mistake, is when I found it & my checkout was laughing at me(no can do thing). Kicks me out....

I don’t even know how to cause the split screen mode lol.. I always get annoyed when I do it on accident. Those aren’t very big screens so splitting the screen I don’t think is that useful..

what I think is more useful is easy copy paste of DPCIs/TCINs.. if a long press on item numbers or a dedicated copy button next to the number could save it to the clipboard so I can paste it into another app I find that would be really helpful.

I don’t even know how to cause the split screen mode lol.. I always get annoyed when I do it on accident. Those aren’t very big screens so splitting the screen I don’t think is that useful..

what I think is more useful is easy copy paste of DPCIs/TCINs.. if a long press on item numbers or a dedicated copy button next to the number could save it to the clipboard so I can paste it into another app I find that would be really helpful.
That one is HUGE I can’t copy paste anything in myDay except the search box. Wish that was enabled.

I appreciate the picture. My morning tomorrow will start by trying to replicate that. It is not a scenario we plan for, but I’m sure we can handle it better.
Also is this a known issue when searching or pasting a DPCI or scanning? Cause this happens a lot.
View attachment 12160
All of the data on the screens comes from different places, and sometimes those places fail. We’ve got some cool code (I’m biased, I added this part) that captures when the service requests fail, and alert when it happens too much. I have seen any such alerts today, but the threshold is moderately high. It’s hard for me to tell you why you got that error without more info, either your TM number and store, or the info on the details button. Our expectation is that requests work, though, and no known issues at this time.

Copy and paste arbitrary text is a good idea as well. I wonder why that isn’t working by default. I’ll make a thing to look at that.

9 /10 i have to pull my phone out to transcribe numbers. Or open the target app to get the dpci

Oh and can we fix the flashlights coming on randomly while in your pocket or holster and the only fix being to restart the whole zebra

Yeah, what's the point of "non carry forward"? Calling it discontinued makes more sense. (and takes up less screen space)

The fix for the sales floor locations not showing while backstocking is nice, but items with multiple locations still only show you one location.

@mobileFellow
@HQWireless

Price change function in MyDay: Anyway we can go back to a clearance ticket automatically printing when we scan something in the current markdown workload for the week in softlines?
I know that Hardlines does not always have to yellow clearance ticket all items now - mostly just put up a yellow shelf label. HOWEVER IN SOFTLINES....Stopping to tap "print" takes a lot of speed away. Also stopping to change the # of items, in the little grey box, for said particular dpci before tapping "print" is very time consuming. I have been forced to turn "printer off" auto print for scanning further, finals or salvage and going through subsequental manual process described. This is the only way I can not count or double ticket existing clearance items that are not in the current week's workload.
I set "printer on" for scanning potential first time price changes to try to be speedier and not have to continually sqint at little font on the screen. The double beep alert for everything on clearance could possibly remain the same.... but the constant attending to the print process as described is a bit pain.

"On the floor" -( "some in back room") - "on hand"
When inventory is received why can't the "on the floor" count be attributed to as well as "on hand"
Example: I set a new pog in softlines. I scan the item or label or the item. I have to check the capacity is correct (sometimes you think I can fit upwards of 14 of a size 8 on a jean shelf - dumb) - there is no sense to the numbers used for capacities sometimes. Then I see it says 0 on the floor - no backstock - 14 on hand. Wouldnt it be possible to do this math: On the floor + in the back = on hand. Put what comes in on the truck directly into the "on the floor" count until it is backstocked.
I spent a good amount of time setting the JOY layette in Infants yesterday. 16 feet/4 movable wall sections of peg hooks and sometimes 5 sizes of a style on one peg hook. I had to scan every label and change "on the floor how many do you see" #s to what was there when clearly the system knows what was on hand and that there was no backstock. If I do not change "on the floor how many are here" to an appropriate number and backstock anything the 1f1 will pull it back out of the back room because it thinks the floor is empty creating more work as well.

I hope the way I worded these delemas is understandable. Remember when the Target slogan was "speed is life"? Maybe not. :(

Will there ever be a way to track who last used a hip printer, or even what device it last paired with? I know the finger scanners used for SFS show this information in Mickra and it would be awesome if printers could do that too

Will there ever be a way to track who last used a hip printer, or even what device it last paired with? I know the finger scanners used for SFS show this information in Mickra and it would be awesome if printers could do that too
I don’t think the printers work that way.. they never actually “connect to a device” I think there is a service that print jobs are sent to and are then printed.

Can you not back out of editing capacity once you've opened it? It'll let me scan other items, but I can't just cancel and go back without entering a number. I've hit it a few times by accident lately while scanning a new item and I have to force close myDay to get back to work.

@mobileFellow
@HQWireless

Price change function in MyDay: Anyway we can go back to a clearance ticket automatically printing when we scan something in the current markdown workload for the week in softlines?
I know that Hardlines does not always have to yellow clearance ticket all items now - mostly just put up a yellow shelf label. HOWEVER IN SOFTLINES....Stopping to tap "print" takes a lot of speed away. Also stopping to change the # of items, in the little grey box, for said particular dpci before tapping "print" is very time consuming. I have been forced to turn "printer off" auto print for scanning further, finals or salvage and going through subsequental manual process described. This is the only way I can not count or double ticket existing clearance items that are not in the current week's workload.
I set "printer on" for scanning potential first time price changes to try to be speedier and not have to continually sqint at little font on the screen. The double beep alert for everything on clearance could possibly remain the same.... but the constant attending to the print process as described is a bit pain.

"On the floor" -( "some in back room") - "on hand"
When inventory is received why can't the "on the floor" count be attributed to as well as "on hand"
Example: I set a new pog in softlines. I scan the item or label or the item. I have to check the capacity is correct (sometimes you think I can fit upwards of 14 of a size 8 on a jean shelf - dumb) - there is no sense to the numbers used for capacities sometimes. Then I see it says 0 on the floor - no backstock - 14 on hand. Wouldnt it be possible to do this math: On the floor + in the back = on hand. Put what comes in on the truck directly into the "on the floor" count until it is backstocked.
I spent a good amount of time setting the JOY layette in Infants yesterday. 16 feet/4 movable wall sections of peg hooks and sometimes 5 sizes of a style on one peg hook. I had to scan every label and change "on the floor how many do you see" #s to what was there when clearly the system knows what was on hand and that there was no backstock. If I do not change "on the floor how many are here" to an appropriate number and backstock anything the 1f1 will pull it back out of the back room because it thinks the floor is empty creating more work as well.

I hope the way I worded these delemas is understandable. Remember when the Target slogan was "speed is life"? Maybe not. :(
Do you turn auto print on or is what you referring to something different?

Can you not back out of editing capacity once you've opened it? It'll let me scan other items, but I can't just cancel and go back without entering a number. I've hit it a few times by accident lately while scanning a new item and I have to force close myDay to get back to work.
I thought there was an X on the top left? Or if that doesn’t work sometimes I’ll just swipe down on the pop up window and it will go away.

Is a toast like the error messages that pop up at the bottom of the screen? I also was printing labels, and a message like "Item printed" popped up, and blocked the bottom row of the screen.

Super annoying when printing 40 flex labels!
Printing labels should be easier.
should be able to print multiples of the same label with one scan... not scan, print, regular label, select location, print, wait for print message ["Item printed"] to go away... too many steps.

I don't need a message that the item printed.... the label printed on the printer, ergo no need for a notice

So, how about an easier way to print a crap-ton of flex labels?

Signed,
team member that prints a crap-ton of flex labels.

--
@HQWireless

Back