MEGATHREAD myDay app

can we talk about TEP for a hot sec? In what world is that up and down scrolling of all the apps clumped together in an arbitrary order better than a Home Screen, where anyone who uses a smartphone is familiar with the concept and can learn where icons are easily
It took me more time than I would have liked to find my apps I use after I had been off for two days.

I feel like we need some kind of dedicated outlook email app with notification that "You have mail". It's a sad life when you check your email every morning on a computer just to see you never get any real messages but spam.

Does anyone think we should have a confirmation dialog box pop up when pressing the "Done" button while pulling a batch using the fill function? I work in P-Fresh, and I work in the freezer cooler often, so I wear the big freezer gloves, and I sometimes accidentally hit the "Done" button. Even with regular gloves or no gloves, that button is so damn long across the bottom of the screen it can easily be accidentally pressed. My suggestion is to add a confirmation dialog box that says "Are you sure you're done?" after pressing the "Done" button to avoid this from happening. @HQWireless

God, I accidentally hit that CONSTANTLY and then of course the batch isn't there when I try to reenter it unless I restart the app.

God, I accidentally hit that CONSTANTLY and then of course the batch isn't there when I try to reenter it unless I restart the app.
You shouldn't have to restart the app. Whenever that happens I just go back to the main screen of MyDay, wait a couple seconds, go back to fill and it's there again.

Did anyone else had on hand count problems earlier today? At my store it would say like 15 on the floor 27 in the back 0 on hand for all items I scanned on any device even after a restart. It fixed itself but did anyone else have problems?

Does anyone think we should have a confirmation dialog box pop up when pressing the "Done" button while pulling a batch using the fill function? I work in P-Fresh, and I work in the freezer cooler often, so I wear the big freezer gloves, and I sometimes accidentally hit the "Done" button. Even with regular gloves or no gloves, that button is so damn long across the bottom of the screen it can easily be accidentally pressed. My suggestion is to add a confirmation dialog box that says "Are you sure you're done?" after pressing the "Done" button to avoid this from happening. @HQWireless
That's a great idea, and one I'll take back for sure. It's a pattern that I think would make sense in any of the workflows.

You shouldn't have to restart the app. Whenever that happens I just go back to the main screen of MyDay, wait a couple seconds, go back to fill and it's there again.
Bingo! Restarting the app (and the device) are far less effective than it used to be given how much of the app is centralized on a server. Restarting things primarily makes it so whatever logs we could have phoned home are potentially trashed. Restarting any computer periodically does help some things, but not really myDay, with the notable exception being if the scanner gets in a weird state, but that's partially because of us and partially because of Zebra.

@HQWireless In the freezer One for One’s if the “done” button was at least 25% bigger it would be easier to click with gloves on, reducing time spent on trying to hit the button at just the right point.

Did anyone else had on hand count problems earlier today? At my store it would say like 15 on the floor 27 in the back 0 on hand for all items I scanned on any device even after a restart. It fixed itself but did anyone else have problems?

We've been continually having problems updating counts. On hands won't show the new count right away unless we restart the device. Since we don't have time to do this repeatedly, I am just trusting it will update on its own when it feels like it.

@mobileFellow @HQWireless

Did something change recently where you print something like POG labels and it automatically scrolls down to the "Printed" section each time? Quite annoying having to scroll back up to print multiple things.

I haven't quite figured out why it only does it with some pogs/batches. But, yes, very annoying.

I really wish it would alert you when you were back stocking something clearance. Like how it used to do a long time ago when you went to backstock something if it was clearance it would say “this item is Clearance are you sure you want to back stock?”

I will clear all of the clearance out of one of my aisles in the back room one week and when I look again later there’s stuff that’s been back stocked

When doing a search for a plano in the search bar, if I push the arrow next to the last one I searched for, the previous searched for item comes up again. Why doesn't that entered search item come up so I can just change the last couple numbers/letters like in the search bar on mywork?

The newly updated MyDevices seem to have a very short time, seems like maybe only 2 or 3 minutes, that the screen can be turned off before the next time you turn it on, you have to type in the PIN again. It would be nice if this could be increased a bit.

I don't know if it's the zebra I'm using specifically but lately I'm getting a lot of phantom/ghost touches. Restarting sometimes helps but not always.

The newly updated MyDevices seem to have a very short time, seems like maybe only 2 or 3 minutes, that the screen can be turned off before the next time you turn it on, you have to type in the PIN again. It would be nice if this could be increased a bit.
This means they're not configured correctly. Tep has the timeout set to 10 minutes. To fix find tep agent, click the refresh button in the top right click grant for write settings and click the switch to enable.
Your pml should've done these steps the day you moved over

Last edited:
This means they're not configured correctly. Tep had the timeout set to 10 minutes. To fix find tep agent, click the refresh button in the top right click grant for write settings and click the switch to enable.
Your pml should've done these steps the day you moved over

Our devices moved over the day before our PML was told they would. So many of them were already in use the day he went to update everything. I don't think he's been able to catch all of them with the people who come in at the same time as him. This is true of the device I use everyday. But I will use your tip to fix this! Thanks!

Our devices moved over the day before our PML was told they would. So many of them were already in use the day he went to update everything. I don't think he's been able to catch all of them with the people who come in at the same time as him. This is true of the device I use everyday. But I will use your tip to fix this! Thanks!
Besides the short sleeping, the other way too tell if your device has not been completely setup, is that if every 15 minutes or so the Agent app takes over the screen and asked for that 'write settings' permission to be granted.

Besides the short sleeping, the other way too tell if your device has not been completely setup, is that if every 15 minutes or so the Agent app takes over the screen and asked for that 'write settings' permission to be granted.
What if a list was compiled of devices not set up properly and sent to ETLs and PMLs as a reminder?

Back