MEGATHREAD myDay app

It has been this way since day 1 of my day. Its very frustrating.
I started in October so I've only ever known myDay. The only thing that I ever really switch apps for is to price match which I think might make its way into myDay and to defect items. Occasionally the myWork backroom label print but other than that I never really need to switch apps. The new myDevice layout is so damn slow though like Jesus.

I will say though I do like how a lot of things are converting into myDay like myHelp. The only thing I really wish they focus on ASAP is defecting. Once they add that I'd probably never leave that app

Any timeline on when we’ll be able to defect items? Also is there any way to see fill groups in myday? I use that in mywork to sort reshop if I’m unsure where something goes.

Those are really the only two things from keeping me make the full switch.

Any timeline on when we’ll be able to defect items? Also is there any way to see fill groups in myday? I use that in mywork to sort reshop if I’m unsure where something goes.

Those are really the only two things from keeping me make the full switch.
Unfortunately no further info on defects has been given for myDay.. it’s in progress but Target doesn’t give info on dates until it starts piloting it to stores.

As for Fill Groups I think those are a thing of the past and will no longer be listed.. even in pulls fill groups aren’t used as it’s by “area” now

Item removals are in progress but it is a large effort. Communication will come when it's ready.

SuperTarget is correct about fill groups. They were removed from myDay specifically because they're not 'meant to be used' any longer.
At some point they might stop appearing in myWork all together

Item removals are in progress but it is a large effort. Communication will come when it's ready.

SuperTarget is correct about fill groups. They were removed from myDay specifically because they're not 'meant to be used' any longer.
Possible to get sort and defect back on new pos (using the new myday code when it’s ready Ofc)?

@HQWireless

The latest update seems to have introduced a bug that when you're in either a pull or backstock and you press back, to return to the Fill/Backstock selection screen, the little bar at the bottom (Home, Help, Scan, etc.) doesn't show up like it used to. Now you have to actually go all the way back to the home screen to get the ability to scan back. It takes an extra few seconds and it's kind of screwing with my flow.

The behavior of the bottom bar is weird lately in other ways too, it'll show up sometimes while you're backstocking, which is honestly useful. You can get right back into Scan mode without having to first back out to the Fill/Backstock selection. Is there a reason why the bottom bar can't just be visible at all times?

@HQWireless

The latest update seems to have introduced a bug that when you're in either a pull or backstock and you press back, to return to the Fill/Backstock selection screen, the little bar at the bottom (Home, Help, Scan, etc.) doesn't show up like it used to. Now you have to actually go all the way back to the home screen to get the ability to scan back. It takes an extra few seconds and it's kind of screwing with my flow.

The behavior of the bottom bar is weird lately in other ways too, it'll show up sometimes while you're backstocking, which is honestly useful. You can get right back into Scan mode without having to first back out to the Fill/Backstock selection. Is there a reason why the bottom bar can't just be visible at all times?
While we're on the topic of bugs. If you spam the back button in the top left when you're in like 18 fill pages it takes you back to the launcher.

Ugh. They should. No reason not to with the updated code base. Makes GS job way easier
There is absolutely no reason they should not add this. The whole point of the new PoS is to add more and better functionality and adding a defect button would hit a good spot with GSAs. While we're on it, What is a wishlist of features for the GS app that the current one doesn't have?

Also, while I know it will be handled something that is unknown how will be handled is how MarketSource employees are supposed to sign onto the new PoS without a myDevice login.

Why do some items still pull based on Fill Group? For example, stick lighters used to be CNDY fill group, and only pull in the dry grocery OFO despite being located outside of grocery on the floor and in the backroom.

Why do some items still pull based on Fill Group? For example, stick lighters used to be CNDY fill group, and only pull in the dry grocery OFO despite being located outside of grocery on the floor and in the backroom.
The one that gets me is how the Seasonal/Mini Seasonal ones don't try to pull anything unless you pull by aisle or POG, because those items are all "considered" to be in Home, Dry Grocery, etc. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of pulling by area and not fillgroup.

Is there a way to create a print batch and just scan stuff into it? If not, that's a feature request I would have. Something like, in the print menu, an option to create a batch, select the type of label you want, click create, scan all the items you want labels for, then maybe have an option to print right away or save for later. If you could open it later to add more stuff to it, that would be awesome, too.

We had a few shelves of kid's drinkware that had outdated shelf labels and my options (that I could find) were to print the whole POG (wasteful) or go one by one through all 40-50 items and scan, print, regular label, add to batch, scan, print, regular label, add to batch... (ain't nobody got time for that).

I've run into this fairly regularly, where an endcap or part of a POG needs new labels and it would be nice to have a quick way to create a print batch for those so you don't have to reprint the whole POG (especially since the domestics POGs are really off this time around, but that's a gripe for another thread).

There needs to be some kind of flag on non carry forward items like there is for discontinued/clearance. My store is currently sitting on 1000 eaches of domestics NCF that they're trying to get out of the back. With more coming in every day, it's ridiculous that there's no way to know if something is NCF until you backstock it and the batch gets bigger.

There needs to be some kind of flag on non carry forward items like there is for discontinued/clearance. My store is currently sitting on 1000 eaches of domestics NCF that they're trying to get out of the back. With more coming in every day, it's ridiculous that there's no way to know if something is NCF until you backstock it and the batch gets bigger.
I mean. That's fair, but were you really going to merchandise 400 extra room essentials towels on the floor?

I mean. That's fair, but were you really going to merchandise 400 extra room essentials towels on the floor?
No, but try telling that to my TL, ETL and SD, who insist on killing, combining or otherwise fucking with every salesplanner in the block to try and get it all out.

Besides, it's not those items I'm concerned about. When you get 400 towels in, it's obvious there's something going on and they're likely going to be NCF. It's those items where you don't get as much extra stock and you're not quite sure if you should try and flex it out or if it's safe to backstock. I'd really rather just not have to play that game of is it or isn't it, I wish the system would just give me the information, since it obviously knows to put it in the NCF batch.

Last edited:
In Electronics / Entertainment we always have street date stuff. Something that would be amazing in myDay is once backroom management comes out a street date section would be blessed. So it would base it off of your myDay zones. "Upcoming StreetDate Items:

Home Electronics
Apple TV Remote. Aug 31 2021.
iPad Air Aug 31 2021.

Entertainment:
Twilight: The Sequel. Aug 30

This would be super helpful and would really help out to make sure street date doesn't end up out in the sales floor. While we're at it make that little street date logo bigger or brighter. Or maybe yet make the name of the item red.

Also please please please just add defecting to myDay.

Please add back the ability to print the 4x11 TV signs, was there for a couple months initially but disappeared a few months ago with one of the updates and hasn’t been back since. The sign holder’s on the TV wall are made for 4x11 and having to put them 7x11 signs in there doesn’t make it look good (paper starts folding down sometimes and it blocks some of the screen, just doesn’t look professional).

Also like versiondefect said please make the street date warning bigger or easier to see. I like the idea about making the item name red for street dated items.

In Electronics / Entertainment we always have street date stuff. Something that would be amazing in myDay is once backroom management comes out a street date section would be blessed. So it would base it off of your myDay zones. "Upcoming StreetDate Items:

Home Electronics
Apple TV Remote. Aug 31 2021.
iPad Air Aug 31 2021.

Entertainment:
Twilight: The Sequel. Aug 30

This would be super helpful and would really help out to make sure street date doesn't end up out in the sales floor. While we're at it make that little street date logo bigger or brighter. Or maybe yet make the name of the item red.

Also please please please just add defecting to myDay.
I'm not sure a whole street dated section is necessary but it should be simple enough to not have street dated items fall into batches if the POG is tied. Target.com knows when things can't be sold so they don't drop into OPU or SFS, the same handling should be used store-side; especially when there's a whole section in every monthly planner about keeping things confidential.

I'm not sure a whole street dated section is necessary but it should be simple enough to not have street dated items fall into batches if the POG is tied. Target.com knows when things can't be sold so they don't drop into OPU or SFS, the same handling should be used store-side; especially when there's a whole section in every monthly planner about keeping things confidential.
While I do agree with this there are always going to be no-life funko pop scalpers. I usually close electronics but this one time I opened and it was on the date of a funko pop release and I wasn't informed. While could be and probably is classified as an electronics communication problem I also wish that we had a list that looks through a street date list and if we have 1 or more on hand I feel it would really benefit us.

These funkos also had a problem where the UPCs were incorrect on Targets end so scanning it said NoF which was very fun to deal with.

While I do agree with this there are always going to be no-life funko pop scalpers. I usually close electronics but this one time I opened and it was on the date of a funko pop release and I wasn't informed. While could be and probably is classified as an electronics communication problem I also wish that we had a list that looks through a street date list and if we have 1 or more on hand I feel it would really benefit us.

These funkos also had a problem where the UPCs were incorrect on Targets end so scanning it said NoF which was very fun to deal with.
We have a list that’s pulled from the website of all collectibles/video game street dates. We also dedicate a section for all street dates including MMB items. We have cut down on the Scalpers for the collectibles especially with the time frame that we started limiting items way before the madness that it is now. We get people from other areas & states (we live near boarding states) that will come to our store instead of theirs because of how we handle it

We have a list that’s pulled from the website of all collectibles/video game street dates. We also dedicate a section for all street dates including MMB items. We have cut down on the Scalpers for the collectibles especially with the time frame that we started limiting items way before the madness that it is now. We get people from other areas & states (we live near boarding states) that will come to our store instead of theirs because of how we handle it
Where can I find this magical list?

Back