MEGATHREAD myDay app

It has been this way since day 1 of my day. Its very frustrating.
I started in October so I've only ever known myDay. The only thing that I ever really switch apps for is to price match which I think might make its way into myDay and to defect items. Occasionally the myWork backroom label print but other than that I never really need to switch apps. The new myDevice layout is so damn slow though like Jesus.

I will say though I do like how a lot of things are converting into myDay like myHelp. The only thing I really wish they focus on ASAP is defecting. Once they add that I'd probably never leave that app

Any timeline on when we’ll be able to defect items? Also is there any way to see fill groups in myday? I use that in mywork to sort reshop if I’m unsure where something goes.

Those are really the only two things from keeping me make the full switch.

SuperTarget

Fulfillment Operations Team Leader
Any timeline on when we’ll be able to defect items? Also is there any way to see fill groups in myday? I use that in mywork to sort reshop if I’m unsure where something goes.

Those are really the only two things from keeping me make the full switch.
Unfortunately no further info on defects has been given for myDay.. it’s in progress but Target doesn’t give info on dates until it starts piloting it to stores.

As for Fill Groups I think those are a thing of the past and will no longer be listed.. even in pulls fill groups aren’t used as it’s by “area” now

Item removals are in progress but it is a large effort. Communication will come when it's ready.

SuperTarget is correct about fill groups. They were removed from myDay specifically because they're not 'meant to be used' any longer.
At some point they might stop appearing in myWork all together

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Item removals are in progress but it is a large effort. Communication will come when it's ready.

SuperTarget is correct about fill groups. They were removed from myDay specifically because they're not 'meant to be used' any longer.
Possible to get sort and defect back on new pos (using the new myday code when it’s ready Ofc)?

@HQWireless

The latest update seems to have introduced a bug that when you're in either a pull or backstock and you press back, to return to the Fill/Backstock selection screen, the little bar at the bottom (Home, Help, Scan, etc.) doesn't show up like it used to. Now you have to actually go all the way back to the home screen to get the ability to scan back. It takes an extra few seconds and it's kind of screwing with my flow.

The behavior of the bottom bar is weird lately in other ways too, it'll show up sometimes while you're backstocking, which is honestly useful. You can get right back into Scan mode without having to first back out to the Fill/Backstock selection. Is there a reason why the bottom bar can't just be visible at all times?

@HQWireless

The latest update seems to have introduced a bug that when you're in either a pull or backstock and you press back, to return to the Fill/Backstock selection screen, the little bar at the bottom (Home, Help, Scan, etc.) doesn't show up like it used to. Now you have to actually go all the way back to the home screen to get the ability to scan back. It takes an extra few seconds and it's kind of screwing with my flow.

The behavior of the bottom bar is weird lately in other ways too, it'll show up sometimes while you're backstocking, which is honestly useful. You can get right back into Scan mode without having to first back out to the Fill/Backstock selection. Is there a reason why the bottom bar can't just be visible at all times?
While we're on the topic of bugs. If you spam the back button in the top left when you're in like 18 fill pages it takes you back to the launcher.

Ugh. They should. No reason not to with the updated code base. Makes GS job way easier
There is absolutely no reason they should not add this. The whole point of the new PoS is to add more and better functionality and adding a defect button would hit a good spot with GSAs. While we're on it, What is a wishlist of features for the GS app that the current one doesn't have?

Also, while I know it will be handled something that is unknown how will be handled is how MarketSource employees are supposed to sign onto the new PoS without a myDevice login.

Why do some items still pull based on Fill Group? For example, stick lighters used to be CNDY fill group, and only pull in the dry grocery OFO despite being located outside of grocery on the floor and in the backroom.

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
Why do some items still pull based on Fill Group? For example, stick lighters used to be CNDY fill group, and only pull in the dry grocery OFO despite being located outside of grocery on the floor and in the backroom.
The one that gets me is how the Seasonal/Mini Seasonal ones don't try to pull anything unless you pull by aisle or POG, because those items are all "considered" to be in Home, Dry Grocery, etc. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of pulling by area and not fillgroup.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
Is there a way to create a print batch and just scan stuff into it? If not, that's a feature request I would have. Something like, in the print menu, an option to create a batch, select the type of label you want, click create, scan all the items you want labels for, then maybe have an option to print right away or save for later. If you could open it later to add more stuff to it, that would be awesome, too.

We had a few shelves of kid's drinkware that had outdated shelf labels and my options (that I could find) were to print the whole POG (wasteful) or go one by one through all 40-50 items and scan, print, regular label, add to batch, scan, print, regular label, add to batch... (ain't nobody got time for that).

I've run into this fairly regularly, where an endcap or part of a POG needs new labels and it would be nice to have a quick way to create a print batch for those so you don't have to reprint the whole POG (especially since the domestics POGs are really off this time around, but that's a gripe for another thread).

There needs to be some kind of flag on non carry forward items like there is for discontinued/clearance. My store is currently sitting on 1000 eaches of domestics NCF that they're trying to get out of the back. With more coming in every day, it's ridiculous that there's no way to know if something is NCF until you backstock it and the batch gets bigger.

There needs to be some kind of flag on non carry forward items like there is for discontinued/clearance. My store is currently sitting on 1000 eaches of domestics NCF that they're trying to get out of the back. With more coming in every day, it's ridiculous that there's no way to know if something is NCF until you backstock it and the batch gets bigger.
I mean. That's fair, but were you really going to merchandise 400 extra room essentials towels on the floor?

I mean. That's fair, but were you really going to merchandise 400 extra room essentials towels on the floor?
No, but try telling that to my TL, ETL and SD, who insist on killing, combining or otherwise fucking with every salesplanner in the block to try and get it all out.

Besides, it's not those items I'm concerned about. When you get 400 towels in, it's obvious there's something going on and they're likely going to be NCF. It's those items where you don't get as much extra stock and you're not quite sure if you should try and flex it out or if it's safe to backstock. I'd really rather just not have to play that game of is it or isn't it, I wish the system would just give me the information, since it obviously knows to put it in the NCF batch.

Last edited: