MEGATHREAD myDay app

Price change is still terrible.

It would be so much better if we got information about the item SCANNED -
whether it was full price, clearance, missed clearance, salvage…..whatever it is.

As it is - sometimes you know and sometimes you don’t cause sometimes the information is about the item you scanned and sometimes nothing happens so you only see information about the LAST item you scanned. Confusing if you are trying to ticket shampoo and conditioner that look alike but have different DPCI’s.

sometimes I have to go O u t of PC and do a Home Screen scan to check the DPCI before I go into PC to see if it’s the right item to ticket !

Price change is still terrible.

It would be so much better if we got information about the item SCANNED -
whether it was full price, clearance, missed clearance, salvage…..whatever it is.

As it is - sometimes you know and sometimes you don’t cause sometimes the information is about the item you scanned and sometimes nothing happens so you only see information about the LAST item you scanned. Confusing if you are trying to ticket shampoo and conditioner that look alike but have different DPCI’s.

sometimes I have to go O u t of PC and do a Home Screen scan to check the DPCI before I go into PC to see if it’s the right item to ticket !
Yeah this has always been frustrating. When I first learned pricing I caught myself putting the wrong label a couple times, so now I always make sure the item matches the label.

Bug with inventory audit. Some items are allowed to be audited even though delivery was today. Welp, guess we'll be getting extra cosmetic inventory. Oh well too late to fix. I'm out of costmetic transition..

Bug with inventory audit. Some items are allowed to be audited even though delivery was today. Welp, guess we'll be getting extra cosmetic inventory. Oh well too late to fix. I'm out of costmetic transition..
I actually thing you're thinking of the old audit app. i think instead of it checking to see if it was shipped today it checks to see if it was delivered >12 hours ago.

I cannot express how much I would LOVE for them to lock out locations from being audited while they're in a pull/need to be pulled in the priorities and lock that item from being manually SUBT'd from that location. Finally expose all the errors stores are harassing TMs into hiding.

I cannot express how much I would LOVE for them to lock out locations from being audited while they're in a pull/need to be pulled in the priorities and lock that item from being manually SUBT'd from that location. Finally expose all the errors stores are harassing TMs into hiding.
Please no. My main problem with "all items scanned" is that means I have to scan every other item and sometimes there will be 5-10 DPCIs in the same location, or items hiding under others that I don't see, or items that are very similar so I only scan one of them etc.. Or I can just back out and fix it manually in a few seconds.

Please no. My main problem with "all items scanned" is that means I have to scan every other item and sometimes there will be 5-10 DPCIs in the same location, or items hiding under others that I don't see, or items that are very similar so I only scan one of them etc.. Or I can just back out and fix it manually in a few seconds.
Okay I had this idea of like “Todo list”

If a backroom location is incorrect during a pull, mark it as incorrect and it will skip to the next one

It will generate a task in the todo and backroom team can come and audit it later.

Another idea for todo list is if you’re pulling and you know a fit is wrong. have a button that says “Incorrect fit” it can have someone go there and update the fit.

Fill and ePick only delete the item that you couldn't find. This isn't how it used to be, but that means that "All Items Scanned" will only delete the item in question, not the rest. That said, you should probably scan everything anyway as chances are good it will find a baffle.

All items scanned doesn’t actually delete the items you don’t scan, it only deletes the item it’s looking for. Test it out by hitting AIS and then scanning the backroom location and it’ll show you all the items still located there. They changed the logic over a year ago but never changed the verbiage until now, that’s why you don’t get a pop up anymore when you hit it. Only negative is you don’t potentially scan a baffle that’s not located and relocate it.

Yet more proof that the people making MyDay have NO idea how it's actually used. I know I've said it multiple times in this thread, but why doesn't Target send some of the developers to a store for a week to get feedback??? It makes no sense to me. I'm sure at least an hour of my time is wasted every week from relatively small things that could be changed in MyDay. Multiply that by every TM in every store, and that's a lot more work that could get done if they would just listen to the people who actually use the app.
Hq is literally attached to a store via a skywalk in Minneapolis.

Yes, but a lot of the app maintenance/work is done at the north campus which is a good 20 minute drive from HQ and not attached to a store. But also, I know many people who work at the north campus used to work in stores.....🤔

Then they should be taking the walk over there to get feedback, instead of making changes that do nothing but make things worse for anyone using the app.

Speaking of which, two more awful changes I noticed: If a pull needs say 3 of an item from a location, and there's only 2 there, problem 1 is it no longer selects all of the number by default, so you have to backspace first, otherwise you'll enter in 32 and your numbers will be all wrong. Problem 2 is that if you enter in that you took 2, it doesn't ask you anymore if you pulled everything, it just assumes you didn't and the item is still backstocked there in the system, creating ghosts. Cool!

Can they please please just give us a way to pause a pull so that we can use another part of my day and then go back into the pull without having to reselect which batches you were in? Such a pain to have to exit a pull to look up an item or check on fulfillment.
What I've been doing to "Pause" is force closing the MyDay app via the switch apps button on the bottom of the Zebra and swiping up. Then I reopen Myday and do what needs to be done like reprinting a defective backroom location. Once you are done you can go back into fill and resume your pull from where you left off.

many people who work at the north campus used to work in stores.....🤔
A lot of HQ "VP of nothing that matters" and "Chief Dude of Redundant Things" and "Senior Could Probably Do Without Director" types come from stores...

But the question is, are these few previous-store-TM types actually influencing decisions that positively impact the average rank-and-file TM or TL? Or are they simply going with the flow and nodding their heads in agreement when "no previous job experience and definitely zero retail but I have a degree in Telling Others What To Do so I'm qualified, right?" decides a 2 minute goal for Drive Ups with the fridge in the backroom and 8 different hold locations arrives with no warning?

So, I finally used the new Pull and Backstock system in myDay and it looks so bad.

s c a n a d i f f e r e n t l o c a t i o n

Attachments

• IMG_5456.png
    IMG_5456.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5459.png
    IMG_5459.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5453.png
    IMG_5453.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
All items scanned doesn’t actually delete the items you don’t scan, it only deletes the item it’s looking for.
It doesn't delete the item, it changes the count for that item in that location to "some" and sends it to that department's audit the next morning. Unless I somehow missed context and you're talking about something else.

It doesn't delete the item, it changes the count for that item in that location to "some" and sends it to that department's audit the next morning. Unless I somehow missed context and you're talking about something else.
Yes you are. You’re referring to a baffle which is when you scan something that isn’t located. AIS is when you have a ghost and tell it you scanned everything in that location and what it’s asking for gets deleted. The logic used to be that everything you didn’t scan gets deleted hence the term All Items Scanned but now it will only delete the 1 item it’s looking for if you hit that button instead if every item that you don’t scan.

Yes you are. You’re referring to a baffle which is when you scan something that isn’t located. AIS is when you have a ghost and tell it you scanned everything in that location and what it’s asking for gets deleted. The logic used to be that everything you didn’t scan gets deleted hence the term All Items Scanned but now it will only delete the 1 item it’s looking for if you hit that button instead if every item that you don’t scan.
Did they change the logic? Granted it's been awhile since I AIS, but it used to tell you how many items it was going to delete after you scanned all items.

Always fun when it would tell you it was going to delete 3 items when you were only looking for 1.

Kind of off topic but does anyone know why they changed the wifi to not use captive portals anymore? They did this like a long time ago but I'm still curious.

The only thing I can think of is that captive portals are getting harder to do with HTTPS. (For example, McDonald's never works until you visit a non HTTPS website which is very rare.)

something i think would be cool is implementing the RFID into the myDay app as a subapp.

Fun fact. Those big Zebra RFID things in the ceiling is actually used to locate items (in addition to a ton of other stuff). If you look up a NOP style item in the target app it actually gives you a vague location.

Having the find using RFID or find on map with your current location. i think would be a good idea.

and using the location to show where you are in apps like ePick would be helpful for new TMs

Back