MEGATHREAD myDay app

something i think would be cool is implementing the RFID into the myDay app as a subapp.

Fun fact. Those big Zebra RFID things in the ceiling is actually used to locate items (in addition to a ton of other stuff). If you look up a NOP style item in the target app it actually gives you a vague location.

Having the find using RFID or find on map with your current location. i think would be a good idea.

and using the location to show where you are in apps like ePick would be helpful for new TMs
I thought ePick just used the department of the DPCI to approximate the location, because it's not just style items. Occasionally hardlines items aren't tied and it'll still show up in roughly the right area. I believe target discontinued the use of the RFID in the ceiling, which is why someone has to manually do the RFID scan every week.
Also, ePick already approximates your zebra's location based on which access point it connects to. That's how it starts your batch in the part of the store you're currently in.

something i think would be cool is implementing the RFID into the myDay app as a subapp.

Fun fact. Those big Zebra RFID things in the ceiling is actually used to locate items (in addition to a ton of other stuff). If you look up a NOP style item in the target app it actually gives you a vague location.

Having the find using RFID or find on map with your current location. i think would be a good idea.

and using the location to show where you are in apps like ePick would be helpful for new TMs
How about a map for MyDay like the guest app

I thought ePick just used the department of the DPCI to approximate the location, because it's not just style items. Occasionally hardlines items aren't tied and it'll still show up in roughly the right area. I believe target discontinued the use of the RFID in the ceiling, which is why someone has to manually do the RFID scan every week.
Also, ePick already approximates your zebra's location based on which access point it connects to. That's how it starts your batch in the part of the store you're currently in.
i thought the same.

so i tested it. two separate men’s clothing items and it gave me a vague location in the target app.

as for your location, it’s not constantly updating. i don’t exactly know when your location updates but it can be a location 4 hours ago or 3 seconds ago. Mickra works weird.

Last edited:

I always was told that data was from guests scanning items in the app.

Check my

I work in electronics so I have an email, therefore, I have access to APIs. I tried to test it but it gave me garbled info that I couldn't decipher. Regardless, I couldn't test it but if you look NOP items in your store using the target app, it will give you a location.
I guess the next question is, if I take an item and put it in a wrong department, will it show correctly on the map? My bet is no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mickra is only useful for pinging a lost device so you can run around the store and listen for it. The location update timeframe is woeful.

Do any of the developers of myDay still visit this forum? Or anyone from HQ? Seems like there used to be so many of them around.

It's been like that for a few months at my store.
Mine too. Though I thought it was 2 mins. Could be mistaken
Not every store. They are also getting rid of the equipment logbook according to the post on workbench
My store was part of the pilot. Its nice to not have to have a log, but it signs you out every time it restarts/loses power. So if you have issues and need to restart or change your battery, you gotta sign back into everything again :(

Back