Myself and 5 other women reported the same man to HR today.

To keep a long story short for those of you who don’t want to read my entire post, this guy has made two of us uncomfortable for the last few years but was never reported due to poor, biased Human Resources and store directors. I never knew this was happening to anyone else. The other 3 are newer team members and immediately felt uncomfortable and creeped out by his choice of words, and actions. Someone confided in me about it and that set off a chain reaction of us all being incredibly surprised that it happened to all of us.
We all talked amongst ourselves and decided that since we’ve all told him to stop, and we have a new HR, we’d finally say something.
Some bullet points of what the complaints were about:
  • Afraid to walk to their vehicles on breaks/going home when he’s working that day
  • Weird comments about our appearances
  • Staring at all girls. Every girl that walks by his area.
  • Pressuring to follow on social media/acting “hurt” when we decline and then giving us attitude and acting cold/non professional
  • Starting sexual rumors amongst multiple team members
  • Forcing contact (hugs)
  • Us feeling like we need to avoid his area of the store
The time frames of this all vary from 3 years to 3 weeks. Is this common? Are we overreacting? Underacting? I’ve never had to report someone, let alone another person who has this many people with the same problem. We’re all in our early 20’s if that makes any difference. What is the opinion on this situation from on outsides perspective?
The worry I have is that he is one of the BEST team members from a workplace perspective. Great at his job, and the leaders value him and how he works but i don’t think any one of them had a clue about it being this bad. Will that influence anything in this outcome?

I don't think this is term-able behavior. You never let on that it made you uncomfortable, how is he supposed to know his behavior needs to change? I bet he gets written up, at most.

I don't think this is term-able behavior. You never let on that it made you uncomfortable, how is he supposed to know his behavior needs to change? I bet he gets written up, at most.
Guy at my DC got fired three weeks ago for giving a "friendly hug" to one of the new girls when she complained. Staring, no. But physical contact? In this day and age? He had a tenure of multiple years. Was gone the very next day. It just isnt going to fly.

Good job banding together. I would go back to HR next Monday and ask what has been done. Have they reviewed video? Spoken with the tm? If nothing has been done, ask for the HRBP email and phone number.
Unfortunately they can’t disclose any of that. Anything more than “it’s being taken care of” is a violation of the offenders privacy.

Look, all this talk, it worries me. If someone were to shout out publicly that more than one person compared notes before going to HR, the reasonable person will say "power in numbers" and understand. The dicks say "they conspired to set me up" and it becomes messy. Really messy, really fast.

Can people please think of the lurkers, the kind I mentioned in a previous post, and be more vague for the sake of OP?

Gonna edit.

So start by being VERY vocal when he touches you or tries to touch you. You cannot control staring or rumors. You can control touching.

Shout that he needs to STOP and DON'T TOUCH ME. If he tries ever again, go to HR and tell them that you need an action plan for when he tries to touch you again. (It is the same thing that the team does if you have someone outside the store that harasses you at work.)

If they refuse to build an action plan, ask them if they will only do it if you have a restraining order. Odds are they will get serious if they're going to have cops involved if they don't.

Do not go in as a group again because he will spin it as a group of bullies laying false claims. But every time he tries to touch you, get HR and AP involved.

Last edited:
If someone wants/tries to touch you against your will and it causes you fear ,is the definition of assault in almost all the states.
Call the fucking police, without hesitation.

We have told him on multiple occasions through text and in person that he needs to stop and we were uncomfortable. This wasn’t our first option.

I would recommend you remove the details of your post, just a summary, and I ask no one to quote it. If on the off chance that person is on this forum and recognizes himself, you don't want to give him heads up for making a defense.
I’m not necisarilly worried about that, there’s so much more to this that this is the vague portion of it unfortunately. But thank you for the concern :)

Back