myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

I'll have the ability to long press a printer and print whatever ZPL your heart desires. So it will be easy to create any type of barcode you need.

How are you connecting to the printers? Super rad.
Someone a while ago posted the mydevices don’t even connect to the printers. They somehow pretty much send into the ether “TXXXXPXXXX, Print this!” And then PXXXX checks its queue and prints

The POSs do though as they have a way of knowing if the printer is offline

Someone a while ago posted the mydevices don’t even connect to the printers. They somehow pretty much send into the ether “TXXXXPXXXX, Print this!” And then PXXXX checks its queue and prints

The POSs do though as they have a way of knowing if the printer is offline
Right but that works because both the mydevice and the printer are connected to TCwireless. It’s the same idea with an at home wireless printer. But these are also Bluetooth printers so that could be a possibility

Last edited:
Right but that works bevauee both the mydevice and the printer are connected to TCwireless. It’s the same idea with an at home wireless printer. But these are also Bluetooth printers so that could be a possibility
And that would explain why POS, which is hardwired would work differently. Thanks for the better explanation than mine lol

And that would explain why POS, which is hardwired would work differently. Thanks for the better explanation than mine lol
Though it doesn’t explain why home printers your computer can tell if it’s offline when it tries to connect the first time but mydevices can’t tell it’s offline at all (until it tries and fails to print).

Though it doesn’t explain why home printers your computer can tell if it’s offline when it tries to connect the first time but mydevices can’t tell it’s offline at all (until it tries and fails to print).
Your home or office computer would still add your print job to the queue regardless of being online or offline. I’ve had a few times at work the printer goes offline or there’s an error and everyone try’s to print without fixing the error or clearing the queue. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve shown my ETL HR how to clear the printer queue when one file fails to print and she does nothing about it and just keeps sending crap to the printer. It’s just easy to see why it won’t print or if it’s offline on your computer because it just shows you more. I’m sure the mydevice has the capabilities to check if a printer is offline but mywork jusy likely isn’t programmed as such

Example of being able to send custom ZPL document to the printer, but otherwise I'll put print buttons on the barcode generators.

Would it be possible to do OPU Hold Location Barcodes?

Format as follows (someone else check this!)

2-3 letter location code (SD, BR, FOS, MC) (could be a dropdown)
1 letter (A-Z)
3 numbers (001-999)

Example: SDA002

HUGE bonus points if you could bulk print specific labels (ie: print SD A-C 001-002)

Also, references to ZPL should probably be updated to ZPL*, since that's the printer setting we use.

Would it be possible to do OPU Hold Location Barcodes?

Format as follows (someone else check this!)

2-3 letter location code (SD, BR, FOS, MC) (could be a dropdown)
1 letter (A-Z)
3 numbers (001-999)

Example: SDA002

HUGE bonus points if you could bulk print specific labels (ie: print SD A-C 001-002)

Also, references to ZPL should probably be updated to ZPL*, since that's the printer setting we use.

I figured out the label size, I think I could finish it up tonight. I'll add hold locations. I'll have to figure out how to do batch printing nicely, later. Also the printer can be on any setting you want, the printers automatically figure it out. I printed a ZPL on PDF mode and it printed just fine.

I have a feature request. For BTS, I often need to check home/dual location to fill seasonal. Is there a way to have mystore scan a barcode and save that into a list to scan on the zebra?

That way I dont have to write down the DPCI or take a picture of the barcode to scan.

Back