Archived Need some advice/support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So before I begin, I'm a little embarassed to share this story, but I feel like all of you on this site are really helpful and caring, so here goes it:
A year ago, I got a CCA, for saying an inappropriate word with an ETL, ETL-HR was the one who administered the write up. Before this write up, they informed me that they wanted to develop me, but when I got the write up, my development was pretty much on hold..Also, my ETL and I didn't really get along last year, I would say these past few months her and I actually get along decently.
After my 6months of my write up was over, they developed me into a brand, so I thought I was on the right track, but whenever I approach my TL about development and ask her if she thinks I can be a team lead, she always says, "Im not saying yes, but I'm not saying no" so I feel like shes useless(but I hear that she may be leaving, so I would want to take her spot ahah)
I feel like I should talk to my ETL-HR about this, but I feel like i already screwed up things since 1. my write up and 2. my etl and I had a rocky last year...

So I just don't know where to go from here...we are getting a new STL next week, so I see no point in going to the current STL about development

Our ETL-HR at my store is actually pretty crummy and hard to approach, also can't necessarily give straight answers....

So I just feel like I'll never be a TL at this store.

If anyone can offer me any advice or just anything, it would be greatly appreciated. Not that I should worry that much but I'm afraid my CCA is gonna make my review suck...

Is there another ETL you can talk to? I'd still talk to HR even if they are crummy just so they know you're still interested.

Being on ca, is a bad thing. Spot doesn't forget those things. Ck on ehr & apply tl jobs. You have to rebuild the mgt trust again.

To expand on what hlm said, how you speak to higher ups is a good indicator of your maturity in their eyes. If you are willing to speak down to them or abusively, that's not really what they're looking for. It's a somewhat unrealistic expectation for some, but that's what target wants.

Don't talk to a tl. It's a waste of your time. I ONLY say this because the Stl and ETL-hr have their own wacky ideas of promotable material. Which I think equates to ass kissing and perky bubbly dinginess.
Tls have a better idea of if someone can do the job of tl. But that is not what matters to get promoted anymore.

To expand on what hlm said, how you speak to higher ups is a good indicator of your maturity in their eyes. If you are willing to speak down to them or abusively, that's not really what they're looking for. It's a somewhat unrealistic expectation for some, but that's what target wants.
Unless the dtl says to promote you. One of my idiots has NO filter. Dtl insisted he promote for crap reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back