Archived Never buying make up at Target again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
Target has no hard written policy online about returning makeup but they always tell me no return s on open makeup. Because they can't resell it.

Cvs and Walgreen s give you 30 days. Open or not. Sephora gives you 60 days. Hell even fancy stores like Macy's and Nordstrom's will let you return!

Now I know you are wondering why I didn't buy my makeup at one of those places....well as you know at Target we carry Pixi products. We're the only chain store that carries it. I ended up not liking it and now I'm stuck with a loss of like $33 bucks....I would take a damn gift card if they gave me that option. I'm not tryna con Target. I really don't want those items now. Ughh......

God I thought this was some horror story about the product that I'd have to deal with.

I tell my guests that we return it because Target does return it. I then specify that we defect it out so it doesn't go back to the floor.

We don't like to advertise we will take it back, but we take back pretty much everything for any reason.

We will take it back and defect it out. If your store won't take it back, that's a policy your store made up.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! That is all. LOL no seriously guys...I will try other Target's then. Also is it true that grocery items get thrown away if returned? Even un opened items?

Yes. All food and medicine is thrown out when it is returned.

Just tell them you had an allergic reaction to the make up.

@Nauzhror First of all, who donates Halloween candy?? And second, did you donated to your Breakroom? LOL.

@Retail Girl I guess I could. I definitely wouldn't want to spend that 33 bucks trying to find a Target that would return it.

No, not to the breakroom, but we had masses of it returned unopened because people bought too much expecting more kids than they got, so our receiver donated it instead of tossing it.

At our store we sold half eaten food all the time. One time I sold an apple with a bite in it for 70% off - sweet deal. My favorite sale was on moldy foods. I would just tell the guests to eat around it or pick it off. If 30% of it was consumed in mold I would take 30% off, makes sense right?

I also enjoyed selling pre-soiled women's panties. Bigger the stain the higher the discount. Why throw it away? Just wash it out and if it's a hard to remove blood stain just keep it because it lets other people know you're a legit penny pincher and nothing can bother you. Spread the news of your savings at Target.

Piss stained mattress cover - 20% off. Used lipstick - 5% off. Used condoms - 90% off. Poop stained men's underwear - defect out - that's disgusting.

At our store we sold half eaten food all the time. One time I sold an apple with a bite in it for 70% off - sweet deal. My favorite sale was on moldy foods. I would just tell the guests to eat around it or pick it off. If 30% of it was consumed in mold I would take 30% off, makes sense right?

I also enjoyed selling pre-soiled women's panties. Bigger the stain the higher the discount. Why throw it away? Just wash it out and if it's a hard to remove blood stain just keep it because it lets other people know you're a legit penny pincher and nothing can bother you. Spread the news of your savings at Target.

Piss stained mattress cover - 20% off. Used lipstick - 5% off. Used condoms - 90% off. Poop stained men's underwear - defect out - that's disgusting.

OMG YOU'RE HILARIOUS!

@FlowChick - the reason for my post is this: My Flow TMs would always verify with me if they should defect something out. Most of the time the defect was so obvious that my only reaction had to be sarcasm. They would find opened food, dented cans, moldy food, holes in clothing, opened make-up, etc. and specifically call me over the walkie to verify it was alright to defect out. I've told them several times that they can make the call on obvious, against Target brand defects. Hell make the call anyway - worst case is we learn not to do that and move on.

So when they would show me moldy food I would just say "No way! We can still make a profit on that. 30% off plus don't forget to mention the 5% savings with the Red Card." Wheeling and dealing while I was on duty.

But as others have said - take it back to another Target if you can. Target defects a ton of stuff so makeup should be included. I know we accepted returns on mostly everything (no returns on open video games/movies) but consumables/medicine instantly got defected out and tossed since it would be a food safety violation to sell it. Obviously medicine was handled appropriately.

God bless my eyes!

I also enjoyed selling pre-soiled women's panties. Bigger the stain the higher the discount.
This gave me flashbacks of my Fitting Room Operator days... *shudders*

This thread is just...
tumblr_mqk3jcDMWA1sptjwto2_500.gif

Hey, in Japan they have vending machines where you buy used girls panties.

Before our cart attendant cleaned the bathrooms we would have him stop by the fitting room to pick up any soiled panties. He would then take them with him, clean them in the toilet as best as possible, dry them off with the hand dryer, and then hand them to guest services to markdown. Sold plenty of panties this way.

Before our cart attendant cleaned the bathrooms we would have him stop by the fitting room to pick up any soiled panties. He would then take them with him, clean them in the toilet as best as possible, dry them off with the hand dryer, and then hand them to guest services to markdown. Sold plenty of panties this way.

Ew

The official return policy used to say no opened makeup returns, but people/stores usually do it anyway. Idk if it's still technically against the rules or not. That was one of two reasons I stopped buying makeup from target. I'll buy certain items that I already know I like. Another reason I won't buy some types of makeup at target, I saw a girl swatching all the lip butters and then closing them up so they didn't even look opened. And some of the colors she swatched only had one tube out.

From Target's website:
Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a packing slip or receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.
  • Open music, movies, video games and software cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title, for the same or different gaming platform.
  • Open airbeds cannot be returned, but may be exchanged for a similar item.
  • Open or defective collectibles (e.g., sports cards, special edition Barbie dolls, porcelain dolls, action figures and die-cast cars) cannot be returned.
  • All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange. For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26.
  • Contract cell phones purchased at a Target store must be returned/exchanged within 14 days and may be subject to early termination fees per carrier contract. Contract cell phones and carrier plans must be sold and returned by a Target Mobile Rep. Target Mobile Rep hours vary by store.
  • Holiday items and limited-time-only collections may have modified return policies.
  • Target stores cannot accept international returns or exchanges, including international returns and exchanges of online purchase.
  • Target debit and credit REDcard℠ card holders will receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their REDcard at Target and Target.com. See Target.com/REDcard for full details and exclusions.
  • Items purchased at Optical, Pharmacy, Starbucks and Target Mobile must be returned or exchanged at these areas.
  • Target Mobile Gift Cards, and Target eGiftCards cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit except where required by law.
  • Digital music downloads cannot be returned or refunded.
I didn't find anything specific about cosmetics

Last edited:
^^ Exactly. And that's why I said there's no hard written policy about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back