Archived New Cashier Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new and im super stressed

1. when it comes to some drinks such as sodas and Gatorades, when they are in the packs with the plastic rings around them not in a box, how do i scan it? everytime i scan the barcode of one of the bottle it rings it up to like .60 but times 8 that would be too much in comparison to the prices i see when i check the website. is there another barcode or something?

2. what if i do if the guest says that a certain item was supposed to have a giftcard but the giftcard doesnt pop up, can i add it in

thanks much
!!!!

The .60 is probably the bottle deposit. At first, blink your light for the gift cards. You can add them in, but it is a good idea to have someone in your store show you exactly how.

99% of the time the item in question doesn't even qualify for a giftcard. The person either read the sign wrong and grabbed the wrong size, flavor, etc.. or the the sign is actually expired. There are also gc promotions that require the cashier to scan a barcode in order for it to be applied to the transaction, which can be found in the weekly ad or in the Target app.

For now, just ask someone to verify. In the future you will know what qualifies and what doesn't and how to find out on your own.

i think your right about the deposit i need to take notice more and see, thank you

As Michy said most of the time the item doesn't qualify for a giftcard or the guests misread the sign. Ask your GSTL about your empowerment as a cashier. If it's just $5 they may empower you to just give it to them. As an LOD when I see recurring PCVs for a problem item and the sign is correct, I'll loop in my GSTLs to talk to the cashiers. I remember one Saturday in particular I had multiple PCVs for kcups. The sign said buy 3 get the 4th 50% off (or something to that affect). Too many guests just saw 50% off and were having the cashiers change it. It was lost money and a waste of my time to keep clearing them so I made sure every cashier was aware and that we weren't honoring the misunderstandings.

Before calling over a GSTL, first ask the guest where they saw that advertised. Was a cartwheel? Was it in the Ad? Make sure you have a copy of the Ad with you. Every week there's a coupon in there that you'll need to scan for the guests. Rarely do they bring in their own copy. If it's Cartwheel, explain what it is and how to get the discount. Again, depending on you empowerment you may be allowed to just enter in the discount and ask them to use Cartwheel next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back