Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you asked to crosstrain. also have you seen the beauty blowout remodel?
1122_ocr-l-targetorg-02.jpg

Seriously though, this is beautiful. I always wanted these shorter displays like Sephora, instead of traditional aisles.

have you asked to crosstrain. also have you seen the beauty blowout remodel?
1122_ocr-l-targetorg-02.jpg
Well the thing is I ask all the beauty girls if they like it and they all say no, they all say they feel overwhelmed and can’t keep up with everything they’re asked to do. So I probably won’t ask to be over there unless something is changed to where it doesn’t sound so stressful lol.

Also, that is amazingly beautiful i hope my store gets that

I'm still stuck on "form fitting pants" and this being female TM's only.

They can't force women to wear tight pants, that's bullshit.

Kinda glad I don't have to deal with that now.

And they probably aren't. OP is probably forwarding the message wrong.

I’m going to go with “rumors and misunderstandings for $400, Alex”.

I think there is way more hype in this thread than fact. I can believe, however, that the leadership team will choose flashy dressers and ladies who wear make up to sell cosmetics though

This reminds me of my senior year at girls Catholic school, where the headmistress nun comes in and tells us that we need to start wearing more makeup and don't come to school like you just rolled out of bed and that we need to have pride in our appearance.

If it is that important they can give them a monthly sampler packet and 5 minutes extra to put make up on on the clock each shift. At our store the beauty TM looks like she is ready to go to the club and just finished the 1 hr+ youtube make up tutorial. Certainly a bit much for a day time look for a 20 something IMO and looks really out of place when called to back up on the registers.

We have a few ladies that go all out. They work on the front end though.

I personally just choose not to wear makeup to work. I don't think it makes me look any more professional. Of course sometimes I do for fun. But I'm in the category of, I'd rather spend my money on skin care. Being well groomed doesn't require makeup. Just have clean skin, shaped eyebrows, no flaky lips, and neat hair. Done!
My first year I would do a full face, but I was closing all the time then, now that I do mostly 4 ams and 8 ams I am not waking up 20 mins early. I struggled with bad acne and a little kid actually asked me why I had dots all over my face once, I was horrified.

Not to hijack this thread but have you heard about the oil cleansing method? My 17 y/o has struggled w acne in the past 6 months. She’s trying this and is seeing improvement plus it’s natural so that’s good....

Choose a full on tribal look. Example Blue woad (think Braveheart) or browse an ethnicity you prefer. There are some beautiful African and South American designs. Ya want make-up? Okey dokey.
Wasn’t there a “Jane vs Walmart” lawsuit many years ago that focused on a manager badgering an employee for not wearing makeup?
I think Spot may have stepped in something with this one.

This reminds me of my senior year at girls Catholic school, where the headmistress nun comes in and tells us that we need to start wearing more makeup and don't come to school like you just rolled out of bed and that we need to have pride in our appearance.

If it is that important they can give them a monthly sampler packet and 5 minutes extra to put make up on on the clock each shift. At our store the beauty TM looks like she is ready to go to the club and just finished the 1 hr+ youtube make up tutorial. Certainly a bit much for a day time look for a 20 something IMO and looks really out of place when called to back up on the registers.

Thats actually a good idea to bring up to leadership. Store used product and a place to show case it and talk about it. Just staying. ASANTS when it comes to samples and demos and such

Not to hijack this thread but have you heard about the oil cleansing method? My 17 y/o has struggled w acne in the past 6 months. She’s trying this and is seeing improvement plus it’s natural so that’s good....
I struggled with that for a while too. Clyndamicin pledgelets plus up and up acne wash and I’m completely clear. Not all natural but works perfectly.

My first year I would do a full face, but I was closing all the time then, now that I do mostly 4 ams and 8 ams I am not waking up 20 mins early. I struggled with bad acne and a little kid actually asked me why I had dots all over my face once, I was horrified.

If you still struggle with acne, try this stuff: Differin Acne Treatment Gel 15 g - https://www.target.com/p/differin-acne-treatment-gel-15-g/-/A-51346324

I've been on the prescription version of this for 20+ years (well, the cream version instead of gel, but same diff). It's a topical antibiotic and is not harsh (I had issues with RetinA or salicylic acid treatments, etc. Everything except this was too harsh).

I did a doubletake when I saw this at the store the other day. The prescription cream is hella expensive.

Yes! Ironically, super harsh skin care can be detrimental, because if it's wrong for your skin type, it's going to make your problems worse. For the longest time I had oily skin, and I kept using harsher and harsher stuff to try and dry up the oil. Now I just use fucking cetaphil, and it turns out I have normal skin. Lmao. So many wasted years.

I do use a BHA and retinol too though.... >__>

I’ve always wanted to be in beauty, I used to wear prom-level makeup every single day but now for my face I only wear concealer under my eyes and contour since I have good skin now and don’t need to wear foundation anymore. But I still fill in my eyebrows, do a smoky eye with winged eyeliner and false eyelashes so I have a lot of girls come up to me and ask me about makeup recommendations (you can probably spot my long ass eyelashes from across the store).

If I were to go into Ulta or Sephora and the employee helping me didn’t have any makeup on I wouldn’t think twice because I’d know since they’re working there they know what they’re talking about. However at a place like target or Walmart where it’s all drugstore makeup, I wouldn’t really look to anyone in the store for help with makeup because I’d just assume they didn’t really know, unless they had a full face on. So I can see why they think wearing makeup would be a good thing if you’re in beauty, however there’s no way in hell it should be a requirement, Target is not as fancy as they like to think they are.
Being a guy who understands some makeup, I am missing something. Why does Ulta or Sephora have better makeup than Target?

How can they enforce that when they can't even get some TMs to shower?

One of my old STL's bought one of my cart attendants deodorant :rolleyes:. I was in the AP office which happens to be next to a cleaning closet and see both of them go inside and hear him through the wall "here, put this on you need it". Granted, this guy ran to work every single day, never showered and always had salt stains all over his shirt from never washing his shirts.

Being a guy who understands some makeup, I am missing something. Why does Ulta or Sephora have better makeup than Target?

To put it in prospective that's like asking why Best Buy sells better computers than Target. People go there to buy something specific. When it comes to Target, people throw it in their basket with the rest of their groceries because it is convenient and cheap.

They had different brands. Target has drugstore makeup, (covergirl, maybeline, ect.) And their own brands (Sonia kashuk).

Sephora has more luxury and professional brands. (Dior, estee lauder, ect.) ULTA is a mix of luxury and drugstore brands.

Yes! Ironically, super harsh skin care can be detrimental, because if it's wrong for your skin type, it's going to make your problems worse. For the longest time I had oily skin, and I kept using harsher and harsher stuff to try and dry up the oil. Now I just use fucking cetaphil, and it turns out I have normal skin. Lmao. So many wasted years.

I do use a BHA and retinol too though.... >__>

Whoa! Similar thing happened to me. I also thought that I had oily skin. In high school, I used harsh cleansers that targeted oil and acne (also had strong fragrance and color) but it made things so much worse. My face was dry, flaky, and red every time after cleansing. Then, I switched to fragrance-free, dye-free gentle products (brands like like Cetaphil and Cerave). My skin looks and feels better now. I wasted so much money over the years trying to figure out what works.

That is great that your skin can handle BHA and retinol. My skin can't handle these. They make my face break out in red rashes that lasts for like four days. :(

Whoa! Similar thing happened to me. I also thought that I had oily skin. In high school, I used harsh cleansers that targeted oil and acne (also had strong fragrance and color) but it made things so much worse. My face was dry, flaky, and red every time after cleansing. Then, I switched to fragrance-free, dye-free gentle products (brands like like Cetaphil and Cerave). My skin looks and feels better now. I wasted so much money over the years trying to figure out what works.

That is great that your skin can handle BHA and retinol. My skin can't handle these. They make my face break out in red rashes that lasts for like four days. :(

Yep! Like you know that tight feeling skin has after a shower? I thought that was just inevitable. It never occurred to me that it wasn't supposed to be like that. Lol. I blame marketing!

Yeah, retinol can be harsh, but it' never caused me issues. It's only online, but I use a brand called Paula's Choice for my treatments. Clinique for my moisturizer. They're all super gentle. No gimmicky scrub, fruit extract, nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back