Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HRLady @HRZone not that I ever would but where would crocs fall? Just curious lol
No. Not closed heel.

Uh. Not all Crocs fit that description. This is my everyday work shoe, which came highly recommended to me by a podiatrist when I started developing PF issues:
Women’s Busy Day Stretch Skimmer - https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-busy-day-stretch-skimmer/203195.html?cgid=women-footwear&cid=02S#q=busy%20day&start=4

If we assume that Amanda is talking about the "classic" Croc, I'll agree with you. But know that Crocs make a lot more than just that one style.

yeah no I definitely meant the classic crocs lol

I would never wear them to work but I do love them. They're comfy, slide on, and wash off so well... perfect for the beach/pool/etc

Honestly, since women are allowed skirts can they really not allow a guy to wear a kilt?

Honestly, since women are allowed skirts can they really not allow a guy to wear a kilt?
Technically they can't deny someone the right. I suppose if an individual would normally wear such attire and it is "generally acceptable" in his community that individual's rights to do so would probably be protected.

That being said Target is an at will employer and can terminate without reason. What that means is they cannot TELL the person WHY they are being terminated. If they did that, it would be denial of rights which would be contestable.

I don't know if we'll see anyone testing out their rights. Would be interesting though.

Wait, jeans in general are banned or do you mean blue, red, green etc. jeans? Because a lot of people wear khaki jeans in the store. It's almost an unspoken or unwritten law to wear khaki jeans in the backroom since the guys pulling batches often sweat and brush up against shelves and vehicles all day. Dress pants would get killed in the backroom.

Khaki jeans are a "don't rock the boat" kinda thing. Denim material is technically not allowed (outside of the corporate allowed "jeans day"). If someone made a big enough stink about it high enough up then someone high up could crack down on the khaki denim, but since everyone relies on khaki jeans no one cares about the material.

The communication has been poor on this at my store. There was a sign up saying back to full time khakis after the new year, and then another when I came to work (in khakis) saying that jeans were extended until the end of January. Sigh. I personally hate the khakis, since I never wear them outside of work, but at least we're uniform if everyone is in them. Now it's a mix, and I've been curious who's working and who's not.

Side note: anyone have a good suggestion on comfortable shoes?

These are my everyday work shoe, and came recommended by a podiatrist. I don't know what mens style would be similar.
Women’s Busy Day Stretch Skimmer - https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-busy-day-stretch-skimmer/203195.html?cgid=busy-day-collection&cid=02S#start=1

Nice! I may have to check those out. I have a pair of Skecher Mary Jane style shoes, but the soles are starting to wear and they're starting to squeak. My feet are tired after work regardless, but I'm just trying to avoid the foot pain I used to get.

Oh how I’d love for my store to allow us to wear black pants as khakis are always getting filthy and stained especially in the backroom and on the floor when I’m down on my hands and knees pushing to bottom shelves
If you pay attention to the video during orientation target actually allows any color pants as long as no blue jeans but prefer khaki This is during normal red and khaki days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back