Archived New Job ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandTheftAutumn

Glorified Towel Folder
Putting in my 2 weeks today. Hoping leadership doesn’t get pissy with me leaving. I haven’t been unhappy with my job at target (only annoyed that lazy TMs get away with their scummy ways) but I’ve just been offered an amazing new opportunity. Right before Q4 which sucks for them but hey if they wanna pay me 15 an hour I’ll stay ;).

In the same boat, I want $15 or more an hour but Target aint the place for it. Hoping I can get something to go through here soon. I'll stay on schedule until I get a new job, but have also submitted my two weeks.

Good luck with your new job,Target won't be paying you $15 an hour until at least 2020,if you can wait that long,everyone is hiring at this time of year but if you are well set at Target it might not be the best time to jump,January comes for all other retailers as well and not just Target.

Congratulations.
Drop by and let us know how things are going.

Putting in my 2 weeks today. Hoping leadership doesn’t get pissy with me leaving. I haven’t been unhappy with my job at target (only annoyed that lazy TMs get away with their scummy ways) but I’ve just been offered an amazing new opportunity. Right before Q4 which sucks for them but hey if they wanna pay me 15 an hour I’ll stay ;).

You were a hard worker who used Target as a step up to a better career. You have nothing to apologize for. Congratulations

Reactions: Him
In the same boat, I want $15 or more an hour but Target aint the place for it. Hoping I can get something to go through here soon. I'll stay on schedule until I get a new job, but have also submitted my two weeks.

Wait....first you've said that you'll stay on schedule (I'm guessing that means continuing to work at Spot) then you said that you've put your two weeks notice. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Congratulations.
Drop by and let us know how things are going.[/QUOTE
target infact pays more than 15/hr.... to the right people.

Wait....first you've said that you'll stay on schedule (I'm guessing that means continuing to work at Spot) then you said that you've put your two weeks notice. Am I misunderstanding something here?

He found a new job, put in his two weeks. New job was not an actual job offer but a "pay for a job opportunity" so he decided to rescind his two weeks until he finds a better job that is a guaranteed position

Sorry for late reply. I got ripped off by a Car Sales Recruitment company and am back at Target, rescinded my two weeks and back on schedule. Going to probably pursue school. I went into the interview, basically nailed it, I thought that was too easy, but I didn't bother thinking about it. I did 3-days of Car Sales training and throughout the 2nd day, I learned "Oh, we're not hired exactly at this store.." because a man named "Bob" had told us the big bosses will be coming in the next day to select us for which stores we will work at.

Third day comes along, I learn that none of us are actually hired, I wasted me and my girlfriend's time, I got properly gamed by a dealership cooperating with an independent recruitment company for car sales, and in the end didn't even get hired. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the training, some people have been unlucky in doing that.

I did some research, I'm technically "certified" in Car Sales now but never received any official documentation, so while I have something to put on my resume now, I have no document to prove it, so I'm calling it a free 3-day convention I've attended. I put 6-hours of each day into this training out of three days, and it was me and my girlfriend's 3rd year anniversary so I ended up going to training before picking her up to go eat and get to hotel, and then 2nd day I left her at the hotel for 6 hours(she checked us out), and then third day found out I got conned.

What these guys did was totally legit, but they lead me to believe I was hired. They took copies of my drivers license, got some personal info out of me(not my SSN or anything important like that), told me I'll need to submit to a drug and background test. I thought it was pretty set and done, but I got fucked with lmao. Next time I decide to pursue a car sales position I am absolutely making sure I am hired before I do anything, not sure I'll ever pursue in the area again, though, basically 3 out of 5 dealers I'm willing to drive to are owned by the same company and then partnered with the other two dealers which are about 20-30 miles away, and I'm avoiding them like the plague.

I did pretty damn good during the "training", pretty much me and two other guys there knew what the hell we were talking about when it came to cars.
"What's an eco-tec engine? What's the difference?" It's a practically all aluminum 4 cylinder engine made for engines that displace 2.0L-2.6L of gas. It's got direct-injection fuel technology, and helps keep the engine efficient through small CC displacement and helps keeps emissions at an extreme low, and it's extremely cost effective. You will definitely get the best gas mileage out of a EcoTec engine. They even turbocharge some EcoTecs so you can haul ass in a 4 inline cylinder 1.8L engine. You might only get like a total of 120HP at the engine, but that's better than the 52HP from the early 2000's you got.

Good examples are the Chevy Sparks and Sonics. Cruzes and Malibus have EcoTec engines as well but displace I think 2.4L both. Impalas can come with EcoTecs but you should definitely take the DOHC 3.6L V6 option instead, in my opinion.

"Bob" asked us what the timing/serpentine belt does. He asked 6 other people who had no idea until he got to one of the other guys that knew finally. Personally, I don't really know why they didn't hire me, I did all that training, it's not completely obvious I can sell but I think I know enough about it. I'm almost positive it's just a lack-of-faith in a resume with only Subway and Target. Entry-level no prior experience required is definitely a lie.

In the end, I am pretty glad I got the experience, I think it will help me, but if I ever want to try to leave Target again I might as well get more stuff to add to my resume. I would love to try and get a leadership position somewhere in my store or in nearby stores. I have prior experience as a team lead at Subway, already, but who cares about that LMAO.

As far as getting degrees, I'm thinking about doing something in Business, or taking up a trade. I've also highly considered studying a field of Science, specifically Environmental or Astronomy. I would probably do a political science study, as well.

Sorry to clog your thread, @GrandTheftAutumn, I tend to get off on tangents. How is your new job treating you?

Sorry for late reply. I got ripped off by a Car Sales Recruitment company and am back at Target, rescinded my two weeks and back on schedule. Going to probably pursue school. I went into the interview, basically nailed it, I thought that was too easy, but I didn't bother thinking about it. I did 3-days of Car Sales training and throughout the 2nd day, I learned "Oh, we're not hired exactly at this store.." because a man named "Bob" had told us the big bosses will be coming in the next day to select us for which stores we will work at.

Third day comes along, I learn that none of us are actually hired, I wasted me and my girlfriend's time, I got properly gamed by a dealership cooperating with an independent recruitment company for car sales, and in the end didn't even get hired. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the training, some people have been unlucky in doing that.

I did some research, I'm technically "certified" in Car Sales now but never received any official documentation, so while I have something to put on my resume now, I have no document to prove it, so I'm calling it a free 3-day convention I've attended. I put 6-hours of each day into this training out of three days, and it was me and my girlfriend's 3rd year anniversary so I ended up going to training before picking her up to go eat and get to hotel, and then 2nd day I left her at the hotel for 6 hours(she checked us out), and then third day found out I got conned.

What these guys did was totally legit, but they lead me to believe I was hired. They took copies of my drivers license, got some personal info out of me(not my SSN or anything important like that), told me I'll need to submit to a drug and background test. I thought it was pretty set and done, but I got fucked with lmao. Next time I decide to pursue a car sales position I am absolutely making sure I am hired before I do anything, not sure I'll ever pursue in the area again, though, basically 3 out of 5 dealers I'm willing to drive to are owned by the same company and then partnered with the other two dealers which are about 20-30 miles away, and I'm avoiding them like the plague.

I did pretty damn good during the "training", pretty much me and two other guys there knew what the hell we were talking about when it came to cars.
"What's an eco-tec engine? What's the difference?" It's a practically all aluminum 4 cylinder engine made for engines that displace 2.0L-2.6L of gas. It's got direct-injection fuel technology, and helps keep the engine efficient through small CC displacement and helps keeps emissions at an extreme low, and it's extremely cost effective. You will definitely get the best gas mileage out of a EcoTec engine. They even turbocharge some EcoTecs so you can haul ass in a 4 inline cylinder 1.8L engine. You might only get like a total of 120HP at the engine, but that's better than the 52HP from the early 2000's you got.

Good examples are the Chevy Sparks and Sonics. Cruzes and Malibus have EcoTec engines as well but displace I think 2.4L both. Impalas can come with EcoTecs but you should definitely take the DOHC 3.6L V6 option instead, in my opinion.

"Bob" asked us what the timing/serpentine belt does. He asked 6 other people who had no idea until he got to one of the other guys that knew finally. Personally, I don't really know why they didn't hire me, I did all that training, it's not completely obvious I can sell but I think I know enough about it. I'm almost positive it's just a lack-of-faith in a resume with only Subway and Target. Entry-level no prior experience required is definitely a lie.

In the end, I am pretty glad I got the experience, I think it will help me, but if I ever want to try to leave Target again I might as well get more stuff to add to my resume. I would love to try and get a leadership position somewhere in my store or in nearby stores. I have prior experience as a team lead at Subway, already, but who cares about that LMAO.

As far as getting degrees, I'm thinking about doing something in Business, or taking up a trade. I've also highly considered studying a field of Science, specifically Environmental or Astronomy. I would probably do a political science study, as well.

Sorry to clog your thread, @GrandTheftAutumn, I tend to get off on tangents. How is your new job treating you?
Wow that must’ve been embarrassing. Receding your two weeks. Prepare to be a bi** for life

Lmao thanks for making me laugh.

Prior to working for the all powerful Spot, I walked off a job to take another, only to beg for my job back 2 months later. Moral of the story: always put in a respectful 2 weeks unless you’re sure you’re an asset for your company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back