New non con process

Luck

The one and only SCTM™
Anyone have any insight into what 580 was doing with loading the non con into the grey tubs?
I am most curious if the tubs just replace pallets on the floor or if this is going to be a picking process where TMs load the tubs in the WH aisles and then drop them off at doors.
Also, where the hell are we going to store all of these tubs? Space is already cramped enough as is.

You mean 557? Or is 580 doing something different from RSS?
I also thought it was only 557 but the GSCL update stated 580 has been using the grey tubs to specifically load noncon for 3 years now.

A picture in the article showed they had a grey tub loaded next to a pallet that held typical T rack items like a mirror.

Said they have placed an order for 30k of the grey plastic tubs to be rolled out to all RDCs by this fall with learnings from the test run at 580 incorporated into the new process.

Personally I am hoping this means they will be switching to a pick by store method finally. We already trialed that years ago and it was at least 20% more efficient than the current sorting method, and that was with having the wrap the pallet.

I can see guys running around on PEs with ~4 tubs, one for each store, filling them and then just running back to the wing to drop them off at a store or having a desginated GPMer to bring them from the NC warehousing aisles to the wing.

And then just maintaining the current system for teamlift items (should be easy, mostly just 249, 074, 066, 008, and a few odds and end like sleds and kiddie pools).

Should be a lot less issues with damaged noncon and also less TIFs back from the stores both complaining we didnt load the dog food into a wall and so it all fell over, as well as getting complaints that we DID build a dog food pallet into a wall to prevent it from falling apart mid transit, and that it slowed down their unload 😅

Said they have placed an order for 30k of the grey plastic tubs to be rolled out to all RDCs by this fall with learnings from the test run at 580 incorporated into the new process.
Does this mean Target plans to switch all the RDCs to using the Large Grey Tubs to sort and load the product?

Does this mean Target plans to switch all the RDCs to using the Large Grey Tubs to sort and load the product?
For nonconveyable product, yes. That is what the email stated. Every RDC come this fall.

As for ordinary conveyable product, that is still far off. There are a few stores that are testing the process but from what I hear DC side the process is slow. Like ~10cph slow. So it will need to speed up before it is rolled out.

I am sure a part of this partial roll out is going to be testing the longevity and durability of these grey tubs when not being babied in a pilot program.

Yeah. Its coming to my building this summer/fall. I was concerned at first but I walked the wing and met with OB OMs this week and last week and our building's OB team ain't what it use to be. They can't build a pallet to save their lives. Need all the help they can get

Yeah. Its coming to my building this summer/fall. I was concerned at first but I walked the wing and met with OB OMs this week and last week and our building's OB team ain't what it use to be. They can't build a pallet to save their lives. Need all the help they can get
I agree. Especially with the petfood pallets this can only be a good thing. Did you have any further insight into what the plan is? Do we just replace the A+B pallet and continue as normal? Or are they building this in the warehousing aisles and then dropping them off at the door with the PIPO?

My store is terrible at communicating information. I try to stay up to date despite not learning much at the store level.

Found the photo on Reddit
You got my hopes up lol. Would have been nice to actually be able to talk to somebody at one of these stores.
Anyway I feel you. Its suprising for such a seemingly large change in our distribution process how little info there is when we are less than 3 months away from implementing it.

You got my hopes up lol. Would have been nice to actually be able to talk to somebody at one of these stores.
Anyway I feel you. Its suprising for such a seemingly large change in our distribution process how little info there is when we are less than 3 months away from implementing it.
Is it even Target if it isn’t sprung upon us with zero notice

We must have the same OB crew.

Anyone heard any new communcation about this? @Hal? I havent seen any update and supposedly this was supposed to be going live sometime soon here across all DCs.

Anyone heard any new communcation about this? @Hal? I havent seen any update and supposedly this was supposed to be going live sometime soon here across all DCs.
There was massive flooding at the facility that makes the pods. It was suppose to rollout to 5 buildings outside the pilot this month and then the network in January.

But the facility flooded so I'm thinking we'll get nothing until early 2023

There was massive flooding at the facility that makes the pods. It was suppose to rollout to 5 buildings outside the pilot this month and then the network in January.

But the facility flooded so I'm thinking we'll get nothing until early 2023
Oh wow. Okay.

It’s an ever evolving situation. Changes in process that were supposed to happen and be rolled out to all stores is currently on hold due to pod shortage (and rumblings are the will nix it all together). Sorting a certain department for all stores got nixed as well. I’m thinking target saw how infeasible it was to accomplish.

Hey Folks!
I'm lucky(sic) enough to be in one 5 stores. AFAIK we haven't been told of any delays yet. I'm hoping the container shortage doesn't affect us as I really want to see this new process through 4Q.

Does anyone know what one of these containers looks like when it's "full"? Are they stackable? Can you load them manually as we do now? Can you stack pipo on top of them? I'm sure I'll find out these answers soon enough but am eager to see them in action.

Does anyone know what one of these containers looks like when it's "full"? Are they stackable? Can you load them manually as we do now? Can you stack pipo on top of them? I'm sure I'll find out these answers soon enough but am eager to see them in action.
It’s going to be a while to see them in action. They can be loaded with a hand jack or fork lift. Pods can be stacked on each other.

I actually was in a store using them on vacation this past week! Also there are a few pictures floating around. You arent stacking pipo on them. The pods are stackable with themselves. When they are full they just look like they would when they are empty I guess.
I should have taken a picture.

I actually was in a store using them on vacation this past week! Also there are a few pictures floating around. You arent stacking pipo on them. The pods are stackable with themselves. When they are full they just look like they would when they are empty I guess.
I should have taken a picture.
They actually fold down when empty.

Back