Archived New phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's accountability in my store. They know who is in each dept and they are expected to answer their calls. I believe if they don't it gets kicked back to guest services and trust me, our GE won't stand for that nonsense. At any rate, it's been going well at our store from what I can tell. :)

Someone at my store said the same thing....Why would we not answer the phone??
The phone's a pain in the ass, I'm not going to lie, but it's mostly a pain if you are the only one answering it. If everyone took calls for their own departments, it would be so much easier. Even if guests select the wrong department, it would still not be that many calls a day for a given individual.

The phone's a pain in the ass, I'm not going to lie, but it's mostly a pain if you are the only one answering it. If everyone took calls for their own departments, it would be so much easier. Even if guests select the wrong department, it would still not be that many calls a day for a given individual.
that will happen for all stores this summer, as long as people sign in to the phone app

We just got the new phone system at our store. Apparently some calls are somehow being transferred to other stores; at least one guest ended up getting a store halfway across the country.

I'm not looking forward to using the phone in-store. I haven't made an actual phone call in years for a reason...

Hope this interview I had pans out
The phones are actually pretty easy to use. But there is a limit on how many people can be signed into an area. Maybe you’ll get lucky and someone else will already be signed in so you won’t have to 😎

We just got the new phone system at our store. Apparently some calls are somehow being transferred to other stores; at least one guest ended up getting a store halfway across the country.

That's because when the phone auto logged someone out and then made them start at the beginning where you select your store number, they selected the wrong one.

Is there a way to transfer a call from the normal GS phone....the cordless one?

The phones are actually pretty easy to use. But there is a limit on how many people can be signed into an area. Maybe you’ll get lucky and someone else will already be signed in so you won’t have to 😎
This can lead to problems, though. What happens at our store is everyone knows they're supposed to sign in and they do. I come in later, try to sign in and can't because there's no more room. However, nobody that's already signed in answers the freaking phone!!!!

This can lead to problems, though. What happens at our store is everyone knows they're supposed to sign in and they do. I come in later, try to sign in and can't because there's no more room. However, nobody that's already signed in answers the freaking phone!!!!
Call out on the walkie for your TL and let them know you won’t be signed in to the phone because all the slots are full for your department. I’ve had to do that before. Usually someone else will volunteer to sign out 😉

Last edited:
Call out on the walkie for your TL and let them know you won’t be signed in to the phone because all the slots are full for your department. I’ve had to do that before. Usually someone else will volunteer to sign out 😉
Of course I do this. If you volunteer to sign out, it's obvious that you aren't answering the phone. That doesn't go over very well with leaders.

Starting to not mind the phone at the service desk since we got some more direction from HRBP about it. Yes, we have to answer it. But, no, we do not have to answer any questions about anything on the salesfloor or in the back. We can just transfer those calls to the appropriate department and keep doing so until it gets picked up. Takes a few seconds. (Sorry salesfloor TMs. I know it sucks for you.)

I hate taking calls, people are a lot more rude when they’re not asking you a question face-to-face.

At least on the phone, a guest can't see the face I'm making over whatever ridiculous question or vague description they are telling me. So much harder to control face-to-face!

Also, I feel like it's a bit easier to be equally rude (or blunt) back on the phone. Kind of like the anonymity on the internet lets people say what they normally wouldn't otherwise.

We don’t have enough options for our guests to choose when they call. Will they eventually add additional options? For instance, beauty, home, toys, market or produce would be helpful.

At least on the phone, a guest can't see the face I'm making over whatever ridiculous question or vague description they are telling me. So much harder to control face-to-face!

Also, I feel like it's a bit easier to be equally rude (or blunt) back on the phone. Kind of like the anonymity on the internet lets people say what they normally wouldn't otherwise.
This is so me at TSC 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back