MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Hmm, I wonder what kinda AP issues this can / would cause.
Not really anything other than the plethora of infinite money glitches that scammers have already found about Target's POS. They would have to be very careful of returns though. Every Bitcoin transaction is final. They cannot just post void or charge back the payment.

yeah I'm concerned with money laundering (which is an issue with any payment method I know) and also lookup with no receipt-- I hope that would be possible

returns being final is a major red flag for me

Decided to update one of my previous posts now that we're about a month and a half into a world into a New POS only world. Removed things that have been added, added more info to things that we have more info on, and added some things that I had previously forgotten about. Items in bold are features that have been added to New POS since my last version of the post. Link to previous version of the post.

• Banking
    • See Who Needs Money - Unknown. (Oddly enough, it's in the New POS tutorial guide on Workbench, WITH screenshots, but not on New POS)
    • Register Checklist - Doesn't indicate whether a register has been banked or not on the checklist.
  • Checkout
    • Cash transactions over $10,000 - Will prompt for some form of ID to verify. (Driver's License, Passport, Social Security, etc...)
  • Guest Service
    • Fix a Mistake
      • Missed Coupon - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price as a substitute.
      • Missed Discount - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price, Post Void, or Give a GiftCard as a substitute.
      • Wrong Payment - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Can use Post Void as a substitute. (Evidence of existing on Workbench)
    • Post Void
      • Post void of return - Available through the "Make it right return" override, TL+. Cannot be performed by regular TMs.
    • Print Gift Receipt - Unable to print a Gift Receipt from a transaction ordered online (Shipping, OPU, etc...) or a transaction made at another store. Unknown if will be changed.
    • Target Print Ad Match - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price as a substitute.
    • Exchanges and Returns
      • Even Exchange/Sell Items - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Return and purchase is best practice in the meantime. Offer back to original payment method, or a GiftCard/Merch Card if the guest declines the first option.
      • Forced Exchanges - Unknown, might not be added, but unsure. Return and purchase is best practice in the meantime. Must be refunded to Merch Card and new item MUST be purchased right afterwards at Guest Services. Do not give Merch Card to the guest.
      • Receipt Lookup - Cannot look up receipt from GiftCard or Check. Only Credit/Debit Card or Target Wallet. Unknown if will be added.
      • Non-Receipted Return
        • "Ask guest to insert most used card" - Not coming to New POS. Once the Guest reaches their limit, that's it. No more. If needed, can use Make it right return Override.
      • Refund Tender
        • Can't refund Cash transactions onto Credit card with the generic "Credit" option without override. That was possible on Classic POS and is still listed as an option on the Target.com refund guide. Unknown if it will be added or if it was purposefully not added.
        • Can't refund Target Card transaction in Cash. Was possible on Classic POS. Unknown if it will be added or if it was purposefully not added.
      • Restock Fees - Will not be added to New POS. Receipts will still mention them to deter abuse, but they will not be charged during returns.
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - Supposedly on the way, unknown when it will release. (Evidence of existing on Workbench)
  • Pay-In Pay-Out
    • Vending Refund - Not coming to New POS. Inform vendor for refunds.
  • Request Help - Unknown if more help options will be added, as only a very small selection is available.
    • I need... (a pen, item on hold, paper/plastic bags, receipt paper, spill) - Unknown
    • Collect... (cold food, hangers full, paid & left, stray bin, street date, trash is full) - Unknown
  • Suspend Transaction
    • Return Suspension - Not coming to New POS. Start a new transaction.
  • Other Functions
    • In-Store Requisition - Moved to myDay.
    • EJ Viewer - The new Receipt Viewer will come to New POS. Unknown when though. (Evidence of existing on Workbench)
    • Paid and Left - Not coming to New POS. Log in the P&L book without any ringing in of the items.
    • NSF Payments - Not coming to New POS. No longer accepted in-store.

Few thoughts. For one, I'm glad they aren't adding the "insert most used card" thing for Non-Receipted Returns. Once you reach your limit, whether it's $100 or somewhere around there, that's it. No more pushing it. Two, I'm betting the only reason Restock Fees aren't available yet are due to the fact that they were processed as Exchanges on Classic POS, and there's no Exchange feature on New POS. Find it weird though how Restock Fees weren't a thing until 2020, when New POS already existed, but are not a thing only a year and a half later. These ones are things that should be added/fixed, but aren't really a big deal though. One, I'm prety sure that the Checkout, Inquiry, and POA app shortcuts in the GS app are supposed to have a "back to guest service" option like SCO store mode has. Workbench development screenshots and mockups have one, and it would make going back to GS from other apps so much easier than hitting home, loading, tapping GS, and more loading. Speaking of shortcuts, it also be nice if Apply for RedCard was a shortcut on Checkout and Guest Service, Inquiry on Checkout and Starbucks, and Banking for all the apps, (Checkout, GS, Starbucks, and Food Service.) Two, I think the New POS receipt layout might be bugged. On Linebusting mPOS and on Receipt Viewer, the receipts have a normal sized logo and a normal sized receipt barcode. But printed from a regular New POS register, the Bullseye logo is huge and the receipt barcode is extra wide for some reason. Waste of paper. Also, speaking of receipt logos, oddly enough, Speed IDs and Defective Offline slips on New POS still have the old TARGET EXPECT MORE PAY LESS receipt logo on them, for some strange reason.

Last edited:
Do we know if we’ll ever be able to select the reason for the guest instead of having them do it? I know we’re able to do it if the card reader is frozen, but we should be able to do it every time.

Do we know if we’ll ever be able to select the reason for the guest instead of having them do it? I know we’re able to do it if the card reader is frozen, but we should be able to do it every time.

Nope, we still can’t unfortunatley. I wish we could tho when the card reader is functional, but I get why tho, as most of us would always hit K4 Changed Mind and not ask the Guest why. It’s still dumb that we can’t select it under normal circumstances.

Nope, we still can’t unfortunatley. I wish we could tho when the card reader is functional, but I get why tho, as most of us would always hit K4 Changed Mind and not ask the Guest why. It’s still dumb that we can’t select it under normal circumstances.
Why don't you want the guest to do it themselves?

Why don't you want the guest to do it themselves?

It's not that, it's just the fact that it's a major time waster. It asks it for EVERY online item for instance, while in-store returns only ask if something is wrong with it on the first item. And the fact that when the Guest has a bunch fo online/OPU items which they are returning, you have to wait for them to hit the selection for them all, when they rarely ever pay attention to the pinpad for the selections. Also the fact that it's cutting off something that we could do before, which can be said for a lot of things with New POS on the Guest Service Desk side of things, same with the slowing down part. I mean, what's wrong with this? I don't see anything wrong with it.

xji1tp8v0t881.jpg

It's not that, it's just the fact that it's a major time waster. It asks it for EVERY online item for instance, while in-store returns only ask if something is wrong with it on the first item. And the fact that when the Guest has a bunch fo online/OPU items which they are returning, you have to wait for them to hit the selection for them all, when they rarely ever pay attention to the pinpad for the selections. Also the fact that it's cutting off something that we could do before, which can be said for a lot of things with New POS on the Guest Service Desk side of things, same with the slowing down part. I mean, what's wrong with this? I don't see anything wrong with it.
I am frequently at Guest Service... guess I haven't thought it was that big of a deal or that it slows things down that much. I just tell them that they will be asked to make a selection for each item I scan before I begin.

so what happens if we were to return a phone financed through CC? or would they even have a target receipt if it's not financed/bought through us?
You open the POA app on your myDevice.

Its gonna ask for your store number.
Then its going to authenticate you through the target login.
Then you scroll down to CC and somewhere there it should say something along the lines of "start a return"

So if it’s financed through CC they would not have a target POS receipt since it wasn’t bought on our register. So that’s how we know to send them to target mobile?

This is the strangest issue that probably will never come up in a realistic situation, but if you use self checkout mode on the new POS and then scan two apple watches of the same dpci, after the second one it has a loading screen forever.

This is the strangest issue that probably will never come up in a realistic situation, but if you use self checkout mode on the new POS and then scan two apple watches of the same dpci, after the second one it has a loading screen forever.
that is weird-- any other apple products? honestly it's good... if someone's trying to buy two apple watches at SCO we've got a bigger problem lol

Post Void
  • Post void of return - Available through the "Make it right return" override, TL+. Cannot be performed by regular TMs.
So it does a proper PV?
Or when you say “through the ‘Make it right return’ override,” are we talking about just doing a money giveaway on a different tender?

So it does a proper PV?
Or when you say “through the ‘Make it right return’ override,” are we talking about just doing a money giveaway on a different tender?
I just had to do a post void earlier. I’m not a TL but the TL was still logged in and I did it with their permission. I pressed the post void option in MIR, but I’m not sure if it actually voided that original return in the background or just allowed for a second return. It didn’t print any “post void guest copy” or have a loading screen like it does with post voiding a purchase.

I just had to do a post void earlier. I’m not a TL but the TL was still logged in and I did it with their permission. I pressed the post void option in MIR, but I’m not sure if it actually voided that original return in the background or just allowed for a second return. It didn’t print any “post void guest copy” or have a loading screen like it does with post voiding a purchase.

It doesn't always. It only prints it if they paid by card. I post-voided a Cash transaction yesterday and no slip printed out. That was intentional, as POS said that it wouldn't. Also, the fact that there's no "Sales Audit" slip aka store copt of the Post-Void is also intentional.

Pretty sure it just allows a second return. Maybe they will see how much money they are loosing and actually bring it back.

Back