MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store finally got payment on account this week. We still have the old POS, even though we have new SCO and POA.

Give it a few days. And even so, every store (besides ones with hardware problems maybe?) WILL be off of Classic POS at or before next Sunday, the 27th.

We always referred to it as 239 because it was the extension & AP stressed that you NEVER announced cash office-related matters over the walkie except to request change for XXX register.
When Brinks (or whichever armored delivery) was here, it was announced using a benign code name to 239.
I think my whole district calls it “The Mountain” I’ll never know why.

Give it a few days. And even so, every store (besides ones with hardware problems maybe?) WILL be off of Classic POS at or before next Sunday, the 27th.
........anyone else kinda excited? Just give us the option to exchange and I'll be happy.

Out of curiosity does anyone here know how the register number assignment works? Like how does every register know exactly what number it is?

Out of curiosity does anyone here know how the register number assignment works? Like how does every register know exactly what number it is?
I think it’s associated with MAC address/serial number. Old pos would boot up with a red screen when it “forgot” its number, you had to call CSC for them to reset it

C64FA448-AF91-4CB7-9FBC-D2E76CCA3DE8.jpeg

Still no Return Post Voids printing Gift Receipts from OPU orders/other stores, or Fix a Mistake Wrong Payment.

........anyone else kinda excited? Just give us the option to exchange and I'll be happy.

Exchanges will be coming in the future, but not anytime soon unfortunately. But they WILL be coming to New POS. The question is, when tho.

And on the subject of register numbers, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe those are the categories that have assigned ones.

01-59: Miscellaneous (myCheckout, Deli, Bakery, Optical, etc…)
60-99: Checklanes
104: Jewelry?
107-109: Pharmacy
111-114: Electronics
115-116: Liquor
122-126: Service Desk/Order Pickup/Photo
151-156: Food Avenue
157-158: Starbucks
160-180: Self-Checkout
180s: Order Pickup (only if 122-126 are all being used by the Service Desk)

I believe that’s all accurate. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
View attachment 13411

Still no Return Post Voids printing Gift Receipts from OPU orders/other stores, or Fix a Mistake Wrong Payment.

Exchanges will be coming in the future, but not anytime soon unfortunately. But they WILL be coming to New POS. The question is, when tho.

And on the subject of register numbers, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe those are the categories that have assigned ones.

01-59: Miscellaneous (myCheckout, Deli, Bakery, Optical, Jewelry, etc…)

It works with my store. I never thought of the my checkouts as having register numbers attached to them, but it makes total sense.

I think if you're a really old store and if your electronics has 3 registers I think it was like in the 90s. I think though. I could be wrong.

Also I'm really happy with the new POS.
Still no Return Post Voids
This is pretty important ngl
printing Gift Receipts from OPU orders/other stores
Meh I don't think this is THAT important, I would prioritize exchanges much more than this
Fix a Mistake Wrong Payment.
Personally, I've never needed to use this so I'm not gonna really comment on priority

also, I wanted to see how the serial override worked but it just didn't work LMAO.

Last edited:
Oh wrong payment might not get used a lot, but it'll be miserable if you have to do it. I had a guest forget to swipe their ebt card the other day. I had to post void their original transaction and then type in all the dpcis off the receipt. It was a $200 transaction.

While it isn't called Fix A Mistake, you can definitely make adjustments for missed coupons, double payments, etc. I have done it. Why the updates aren't in the "what's new" section baffles me. I'm going to check to see if they are in the training mode the next time I am at GS

Last edited:
View attachment 13411

IGS registers are 70-75.

While it isn't called Fix A Mistake, you can definitely make adjustments for missed coupons, double payments, etc. I have done it. Why the updates aren't in the "what's new" section baffles me. I'm going to check to see if they are in the training mode the next time I am at GS

There’s no Training Mode for Guest Services on New POS. Only a Training Mode for Checkout.

I think if you're a really old store and if your electronics has 3 registers I think it was like in the 90s. I think though. I could be wrong.

What do you mean by this? If you mean Electronics and Pharmacy having three registers instead of two, that was still a thing in the 2000s, moreso with SuperTargets. Pretty sure the 2010s is when it became always two registers at those spots.

also, I wanted to see how the serial override worked but it just didn't work LMAO.

How did it not work? I haven’t needed to do so yet, but I saw the option for it yesterday.

Ok but what do you honestly use guest service or any training mode for? In my store, it's to do recovery receipts and that's pretty much it.

Seriously? No one uses training mode at my store... they watch other GA/SA-TMs and then do it themselves on a register in real time. That's the extent of the training other than watching umpteen videos and training modules when they are first hired.

I’ve only seen a “New Team Member” getting trained in Training Mode one time in my whole 16 months at Target, and that was like three weeks ago, because it was like 8 or 9 pm and the store was dead. Otherwise, all the newbies I see shadow someone else and them take a turn themselves during Cashier Training.

(We still have our Training props, like the fake ids and such, sitting in the drawer at Lane 5. They prob haven’t been used since before I started.)

Seriously? No one uses training mode at my store... they watch other GA/SA-TMs and then do it themselves on a register in real time. That's the extent of the training other than watching umpteen videos and training modules when they are first hired.
I'm not saying it IS used. I'm just answering your question about what it's for. There is so very little training at the front end at all...10 minutes and you're good to go at the service desk, an hour at most of shadowing at the register is a lot, if you can use a touchscreen you are an ace at SCO. if you can walk without falling you are a go for FOS attendant and drive up and literally anyone breathing is qualified to do fulfillment. If you got more than this, you're either an oldtimer or at a Target that is so dead it should be closed.🧐

Update to a post I made two weeks ago, on features that weren't/aren't on New POS, now that Classic POS is officially dead for almost all of us. Link to the original. MEGATHREAD - New POS - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/new-pos.26429/page-37#post-640379
  • Requisition - Moved to myDay.
  • EJ Viewer (No longer on Classic POS) - The new Receipt Viewer will come to New POS.
  • Paid and Left - Not coming to New POS.
  • Pay-Out
    • Vending Refund - Unknown.
  • NSF Payments - Not coming to New POS. No longer accepted in-store.
  • Exchange/Sell Items - On the way, unknown when it will release.
  • Target Print Ad Match - Unknown, but not needed as you can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price.
  • Post Void
    • Return Receipt - Unknown.
  • Gift Receipt - Can't print Gift Receipt from another store or Online order (OPU, Shipping, etc...), Unknown.
  • Fix a Mistake
    • Missed Coupon - Unknown, but not needed as you can use Fix a Mistake Wrong Price.
    • Missed Discount (No longer on Classic POS) - Unknown. Can Post Void and re-ring up the transaction as a workaround or Give a GiftCard if difference is more than $5.00
    • Wrong Payment - On the way, unknown when it will release. Can Post Void and re-ring up the transaction as a workaround.
  • Help Menu/Additional Assistance - Unknown if more help options will be added, as only a very small selection is available.
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - On the way, unknown when it will release.
  • Suspend Transaction
    • Return Suspension - Unknown.
  • No Receipt Return
    • "Ask guest to insert most used card" - Unknown.
  • Cash transactions over $10,000 - Unknown.

Everything else I believe has been added. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No Receipt Return -- new POS doesn't give the option if you are over your limit. For this I'm grateful. The only time I want a workaround is when it is clearly a baby registry item that wasn't given a gift receipt.

There's still the option to call a Lead to the Service Desk to do an Override I mean "Make it right return." To reiterate, the options given when doing so are “Sale receipt expired,” “Non-receipted limit reached,” “Gift registry limit reached,” and “System issue.” If someone really needs something over their ID limit, a TL+ can do it for them. If there's an issue with a Registry item, something is listed as already refunded when it wasn't, a receipt is like a day or two past the expiration date and you're feeling generous, or some other reason, call a Lead and they can do it if they deem right.

I recently found out on Saturday, as I had to call the SETL to the Service Desk for an override for the first time, that they are able to change the price of the item during this. It defaults to the No-Receipt Return price, but can be changed. And it gives the option for Merch Card, Cash, GiftCard, or "Credit," like Classic POS did for Overriden Refund tenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back