MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"AP please go to 6..."

"...yes, 'no barcode' for $364.99 seems to be our only option."

"...um, I guess I'll write something on the receipt?"
Just go somewhere with the old POS and override the serial number or just grab a different one from the sales floor. If both options are unavailable then do a no barcode for the amount and explain to the guest if they do decide to return the item to bring the receipt because it will be needed for a return. Then just write on the receipt the item and just say faulty serial number. While all stores aren’t the same I know at my store ap just wouldn’t care about a team member doing no barcode because they know about serial numbers not working. They have bigger problems to be focusing on. If it gets flagged by the system for ap to check then they would just look at the cameras and see who did it and they know who can do what and see why they had to do it. If it’s a expensive item (500+) you could ask the guest if you could open the box to try and find one then manually type it in just make sure you explain it won’t effect any returns and you will close it back up once your done. Obviously only do this if you absolutely have to as it’s not the guests fault it doesn’t have a serial number on the box.

For guest services team members whenever you get an item that doesn’t have a serial number when purchased and the guest wants to return it and they are 100% sure it was on that card try the no barcode return number. You can also use these numbers for clothing items that didn’t have a barcode when purchased and some reason the team member marked it as a no barcode. If a guest somehow has multiple no barcode items then you will have to type in the number multiple times until the right price one shows up and void line all the other ones.
Taxed items marked as no barcodes return number is 338999999
Non taxed items marked as no barcode return number is 338999998
If your still having problems you can try and find the numbers for another item on the receipt and type them in for its return then do k8 to view receipts and then you could do a receipt lookup to see the receipt and what happened. Those no barcode return numbers are extremely useful and are so helpful when doing returns. If they have the receipt in their target app and the item is marked as unidentified then you can try those numbers to return the unidentified.

Just go somewhere with the old POS and override the serial number or just grab a different one from the sales floor. If both options are unavailable then do a no barcode for the amount and explain to the guest if they do decide to return the item to bring the receipt because it will be needed for a return. Then just write on the receipt the item and just say faulty serial number. While all stores aren’t the same I know at my store ap just wouldn’t care about a team member doing no barcode because they know about serial numbers not working. They have bigger problems to be focusing on. If it gets flagged by the system for ap to check then they would just look at the cameras and see who did it and they know who can do what and see why they had to do it. If it’s a expensive item (500+) you could ask the guest if you could open the box to try and find one then manually type it in just make sure you explain it won’t effect any returns and you will close it back up once your done. Obviously only do this if you absolutely have to as it’s not the guests fault it doesn’t have a serial number on the box.

For guest services team members whenever you get an item that doesn’t have a serial number when purchased and the guest wants to return it and they are 100% sure it was on that card try the no barcode return number. You can also use these numbers for clothing items that didn’t have a barcode when purchased and some reason the team member marked it as a no barcode. If a guest somehow has multiple no barcode items then you will have to type in the number multiple times until the right price one shows up and void line all the other ones.
Taxed items marked as no barcodes return number is 338999999
Non taxed items marked as no barcode return number is 338999998
If your still having problems you can try and find the numbers for another item on the receipt and type them in for its return then do k8 to view receipts and then you could do a receipt lookup to see the receipt and what happened. Those no barcode return numbers are extremely useful and are so helpful when doing returns. If they have the receipt in their target app and the item is marked as unidentified then you can try those numbers to return the unidentified.
Eventually they’re gonna phase out the old POS for good reason but there is 0 reason that GS should learn how to do that considering how all of it could be avoided if there was a button that said override.

Do we know if GSTL codes are going to be a thing any more?

lemme check you out at the pharmacy really quickly.

How will the POS differentiate authority especially for captains and those who close the lanes but aren’t a technical SETL
I'm not privy to what's actually being done on the POS side, but we do know your job code/role when you sign in now, so it's not like it would be hard to grant access based on that.

Last edited:
I'm not privy to what's actually being done on the POS side, but we do know you job code/role when you sign in now, so it's not like it would be hard to grant access based on that.
A trusted GSTM should be able to do more than someone hired yesterday in the same role though. That’s why it’s nice on classic to customize who has supervisor numbers or not

theres no reason to lock any functionality behind arbitrary permissions. if HQ could've somehow gotten rid of it on classic POS, they would have. everyone is empowered to take care of the guest.

While I agree with this then they shouldn’t have had front of store attendants not have the ability to get supervisor numbers. Kinda a hassle for our store where literally all the attendants know the service desk but have to keep asking for override codes and post voids…

theres no reason to lock any functionality behind arbitrary permissions. if HQ could've somehow gotten rid of it on classic POS, they would have. everyone is empowered to take care of the guest.
AP at my store took away some people’s supervisor perms after they kept overriding no receipt returns to cash at guests request. There is a limit to making it right (at least at my store)

How will the POS differentiate authority especially for captains and those who close the lanes but aren’t a technical SETL

Anyone can close the lanes. You do not need to be an SETL. The lanes aren't closed like they were on the old POS. You can even keep using them

AP at my store took away some people’s supervisor perms after they kept overriding no receipt returns to cash at guests request. There is a limit to making it right (at least at my store)
this feels like a store specific issue tbh but i get it

Anyone can close the lanes. You do not need to be an SETL. The lanes aren't closed like they were on the old POS. You can even keep using them

technically you could do this with classic POS as well but it was just kind of a pain in the ass

Let the POS be the one to enforce the limit. Target usually prefers that the POS is what tells the guest what they can and can’t do.

The TM should make it right for the guest except if there is suspected fraud which should be brought to the attention of AP or if the POS hardlocks the request.

From my understanding the new POS doesn’t have override codes or per TM permissions but it definitely has limits programmed into it. If the POS hardlocks a request and the guest is still upset then involve the SETL or ETL-SE. But I don’t think on new POS their numbers will allow them to do anything more except just explain to the guest the situation.

Obviously all transactions are still recorded so if a TM is abusing their access then AP will deal with that case by case.

Our APBP sent an email to our leadership because too many team members at guest service were overriding things, so I get everyone having the same access being problematic. Credit refunds to cash, overriding no receipt return limits, etc. I’m like one of 5 people that have supervisor #s now lol

Last edited:
Our APBP sent an email to our leadership because too many team members at guest service were overriding things, so I get everyone having the same access being problematic. Credit refunds to cash, overriding no receipt return limits, etc. I’m like one of 5 people that have supervisor #s now lol
Exact same situation at my store. Though GSTLs do want us to push past no receipt limits if it’s a reasonable item (clothing yes, iPad no)

I feel like some of the overrides we have now on classic POS just will not be a thing on new POS.. like merchandise card to cash.. however no receipt returns should be able to be done even if the limit is hit because that’s a genuine make it right for the guest situation but I really do hope New POS will either provide more info to the TM about how much the guest has already gotten or how far over the limit they are so the TM can make a better decision on whether it should be overridden.

just speculation but I really do hope New POS is a bit more friendlier and gives a bit more insight during returns when it finally hits guest service registers.. the code for returns in classic pos is ancient and is long overdue for the rewrite especially with Target Circle/Wallet, same day returns with OPUs and Drive Ups, etc. where classic pos just does not play well.. can’t even tell you how annoying missed Target circle offers are to process on classic pos.

I feel like some of the overrides we have now on classic POS just will not be a thing on new POS.. like merchandise card to cash.. however no receipt returns should be able to be done even if the limit is hit because that’s a genuine make it right for the guest situation but I really do hope New POS will either provide more info to the TM about how much the guest has already gotten or how far over the limit they are so the TM can make a better decision on whether it should be overridden.

just speculation but I really do hope New POS is a bit more friendlier and gives a bit more insight during returns when it finally hits guest service registers.. the code for returns in classic pos is ancient and is long overdue for the rewrite especially with Target Circle/Wallet, same day returns with OPUs and Drive Ups, etc. where classic pos just does not play well.. can’t even tell you how annoying missed Target circle offers are to process on classic pos.
There is so many things that can go right with the new POS like same day returns. RedCard exchanges and more. Its just a matter of if target does it or not

Reactions: DBZ
Honest to god I think that before every single feature from the old system has its alternitive that it shouldn’t be fully pushed out. Like requisitioning is a MUST. Paying peoples credit card bills as well. Those are the things we need.

Also a guest realized she bought the wrong item as the receipt printed so I returned it on the new POS and I will say it is very user friendly. One negative I find is that I don’t like how you can’t check people out in guest service mode, You have to goto the in store checkout mode which is just unnecessary imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back