MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always so awkward going up for backup. People are happy that a new line has finally opened, and they're anxious to checkout. But I have to apologize to them every time for the system taking so long to login.

Thank god we still have one register with the old system in electronics, and it doesn't bring up that Target Circle prompt every time :rolleyes:
Lol did you look in the comms tab in myDay? They put the date they’re changing it.

Waking this thread up from a nap. One of the Service Desk registers at a majority of stores will be switching to New POS in the next week or two. For us, one of ours is switching on Thursday. The end is getting near...

Ooh! My first post. Yay, I guess?

Lovely (/sarcasm). I noticed that both electronics registers have it now. I am sure they were thrilled when they came in

Yeah not my electronics guys either. I could tell by closing the registers that they just wouldn't use the new POS one unless forced. The only way GS will use it is if it in on their two favorite registers

I don’t know how but when I put my code into the pos in electronics it instantly takes my to checkout. Idk how I did it but I’m never restarting that register

A lot of times when I log in, it takes me to in store check out. I wish where it took you would be connected to what you last logged out of

that would be way more confusing than logging you into the app appropriate for the register's assigned location

I suppose. I was just thinking about when we close the drawers. It will take longer because you have to wait for the home page to load and then the banking app

in regards to the keyboard vs. touchscreen..... I don't like typing my employee number and passcode so everyone can see my keystrokes on the screen.
I also hate when guests hawk us while putting in our codes at self check.

I try to go fast to prevent this but usually fat-finger because of it.

this. guests typically frown upon us watching them enter their pin on the card reader (even though the pin is useless without the card), it's not that hard to just take a step back or look away when we're entering ours
Not crazy that my login is viewable on camera for AP. Doesn't seem very private.

Not crazy that my login is viewable on camera for AP. Doesn't seem very private.
At the end of the day every single thing that we do is monitored. If we tap cash by accident I would not doubt that that stroke was logged if even temporary. I know for a fact that this was like this on the old system because on the old POS if you suspend something with a lot of serial numbers and you delete then it redoes all of those old keystrokes.

At the end of the day every single thing that we do is monitored. If we tap cash by accident I would not doubt that that stroke was logged if even temporary. I know for a fact that this was like this on the old system because on the old POS if you suspend something with a lot of serial numbers and you delete then it redoes all of those old keystrokes.
Of course it's monitored, but it's not my password. It's private for a reason. Should they just be posted in the TMSC? Everything we do on a register is recorded, but I don't think that should start until after I've logged in and I don't want another person having the ability to log in as me.

AP who aren't allowed to log in to the registers at all and who know just how extremely detailed the cameras covering the registers are? Yeah, they're definitely go to use someone else's credentials. What a fun internal that would be! AP could catch themselves! LMAO.

Last edited:
I don't think there are many people who have such a good memory that they can memorize all that.
We had a guest use one of our advocates #'s to get a discount as SCO. She claimed to have never seen the guest, I am 99% sure the guest got her number from seeing her type it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back