MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a guest use one of our advocates #'s to get a discount as SCO. She claimed to have never seen the guest, I am 99% sure the guest got her number from seeing her type it in.

Not likely. They would have had to log in to add the TM discount which would have made the SCO tell the user they couldn't ring their own sale

Pretty sure they added the TM's discount to their circle app after seeing the TM type their # in. Not sure, I know our APL asked her if she knew the guest, and the TM said she had never seen them before though.

Pretty sure they added the TM's discount to their circle app after seeing the TM type their # in. Not sure, I know our APL asked her if she knew the guest, and the TM said she had never seen them before though.
I've seen those scammers in electronics bug the tgt app to where if you scan the barcode it adds the TM discount but it doesn't know up on the app. I just void it out anyways lmao

Seems that one of my registers in electronics has converted to the linux powered new POS. Switching between the apps is slightly faster (still wouldn't say its as fast as it should be). The card reader however is SUPER fast at reading the cards. And they've changed to the "happy" sounding chime instead of the angry sounding one when it's time to remove the card.

Seems that one of my registers in electronics has converted to the linux powered new POS. Switching between the apps is slightly faster (still wouldn't say its as fast as it should be). The card reader however is SUPER fast at reading the cards. And they've changed to the "happy" sounding chime instead of the angry sounding one when it's time to remove the card.
Same at my store. Tap is lightning fast now

Where do we goto report bugs with the new POS? I encountered a handful of really annoying bugs and want them to be fixed b4 GS gets the update.

AP is not going to log on to the register with your credentials lol…
And nobody that works in electronics or at a register or in the cash office ever steals. I have worked retail since high school (almost 50 years now), sometimes part time, sometimes full time, sometimes in management and sometimes not. You are very naive, but it's cute.

Where do we goto report bugs with the new POS? I encountered a handful of really annoying bugs and want them to be fixed b4 GS gets the update.
New Point of Sale (POS)

Yammer group.
If you don’t have access to yammer (not a TL), fill out the my feedback app on the mydevice. They read those comments. Alternatively, call CSC and ask them to escalate to New POS team. There may also be a new pos email but I don’t know it.

a unified way to report feedback for all tech is coming soon

If you don’t have access to yammer (not a TL), fill out the my feedback app on the mydevice. They read those comments. Alternatively, call CSC and ask them to escalate to New POS team. There may also be a new pos email but I don’t know it.

a unified way to report feedback for all tech is coming soon
Cool thanks! Its such a small bug but will cause ALOT of problems if it's not fixed.

So my biggest problem with New POS is that it doesn’t show TM discounts when you scan Target Wallet and we have to be careful of accepting invalid TM discounts. I have to verify on their app before scanning that there is no TM discount and if there is to have them show the physical discount card and ID if they aren’t a TM from our store. I’ve had to ask many people trying to pull this off in Electronics to remove the discount from the app before I will accept their Target Wallet. However a lot of times it goes unnoticed because it doesn’t show the discount on the POS screen and I think they have figured that out. Any ideas? Is this being fixed?

So my biggest problem with New POS is that it doesn’t show TM discounts when you scan Target Wallet and we have to be careful of accepting invalid TM discounts. I have to verify on their app before scanning that there is no TM discount and if there is to have them show the physical discount card and ID if they aren’t a TM from our store. I’ve had to ask many people trying to pull this off in Electronics to remove the discount from the app before I will accept their Target Wallet. However a lot of times it goes unnoticed because it doesn’t show the discount on the POS screen and I think they have figured that out. Any ideas? Is this being fixed?

Heya! There is a way to see and void a TM discount. When your on the screen to scan items if you tap on the total it would tell you "Team Member 10 %" and there is a little trash can on the right of it. I know for a fact it exists but if its not there it might be on the payment screen but am almost positive its on the scan items screen.

EDIT: When I say total I mean the price on the bottom. It opens a little menu. I also think when you add a TM Discount it shows the icon in the green added popup.

Last edited:
Heya! There is a way to see and void a TM discount. When your on the screen to scan items if you tap on the total it would tell you "Team Member 10 %" and there is a little trash can on the right of it. I know for a fact it exists but if its not there it might be on the payment screen but am almost positive its on the scan items screen.

EDIT: When I say total I mean the price on the bottom. It opens a little menu. I also think when you add a TM Discount it shows the icon in the green added popup.
It is on the scan items screen. It’s the same way as voiding a payment such as a gift card except it will say team member discount instead of a gift card

Recently one of my Linux new pos systems will pop the drawer to get change but the screen saying how much change is due disappears as soon as the drawer opens. Have to check the receipt to verify the amount of change that’s due.

So we now have one GS register on the new POS. My first transaction was a return using barcode from their phone. Not supported…go to classic POS. Mmkay. Not a good start.

So we now have one GS register on the new POS. My first transaction was a return using barcode from their phone. Not supported…go to classic POS. Mmkay. Not a good start.

We have one too. I've done a handful of transactions there. They were stupid easy. My beef with it is having to rescan a printer all the time. It might be once a day, but it seems like every time.

Recently one of my Linux new pos systems will pop the drawer to get change but the screen saying how much change is due disappears as soon as the drawer opens. Have to check the receipt to verify the amount of change that’s due.
That’s a register problem not a software problem. One of my registers did this too. Even on the classic POS

should not happen like that, might have been an issue with their actual return; was it a target plus item? i did returns from app barcodes just fine earlier this week.

One HUGE positive on the new POS is that you can do no receipt return with items that your store no longer carries. I was helping a guest at GS and they got an iron as a gift and wanted to return it and they didn’t have a receipt. My store didn’t carry this item and classic POS did not like it. I took him to electronics (because my store does not have the new GS pos yet) and the ID return actually worked and it worked perfectly.

One HUGE positive on the new POS is that you can do no receipt return with items that your store no longer carries. I was helping a guest at GS and they got an iron as a gift and wanted to return it and they didn’t have a receipt. My store didn’t carry this item and classic POS did not like it. I took him to electronics (because my store does not have the new GS pos yet) and the ID return actually worked and it worked perfectly.
Yeah but if we no longer sell an item and he/she has no receipt who knows how long they have had the item. With a receipt we have to take it even though it is likely to go straight to defectives but with no receipt if it is available at another local store I suggest they try returning it there. If it just is no longer sold anywhere, they can keep it or donate it but Target shouldn't pay them for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back