MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait huh? how tf- you can do that?

Also, to the TMs with the NCR SCOs, how long does it take to switch to the login screen?
Ye— IIRC it’s in functions payouts vending refund. Prints a receipt you tape to the vending machine and the company refunds target

also why do we as TMs use PLU number when SCO has pictures. Honestly, (unless you’re a super) we don’t have very much produce. I think there should be an option for pictures for new cashiers.

also why do we as TMs use PLU number when SCO has pictures. Honestly, (unless you’re a super) we don’t have very much produce. I think there should be an option for pictures for new cashiers.
For me, I do work at a Super, and once you memorize a lot of the common PLU codes, it’s much easier to just type 4011 for Banana, 4225 for Avocado, 4072 for Potato, 3082 for Broccoli, etc… because we just know them by name. And like 90% of produce have the PLU stickers which have the number on it. It’s easier a lot of the time than going through menus and finding what you need. Even when I’m at SCO as a guest, I still just put in the PLU because that’s what’s easy to me. (Me working at a SuperTarget prob plays a part in that because the PLU menu at SCO is so big, and our PLU guide at the lanes is literally takes up a full sheet of printer paper.

I do know that a produce menu is planned for New POS. Somewhere down the pipeline after the big things are done.
(EDIT: Stated typing before Amanda posted that it was coming. Now it’s just restating what’s known)

me, I do work at a Super, and once you memorize a lot of the common PLU codes, it’s much easier to just type 4011 for Banana, 4225 for Avocado, 4072 for Potato, 3082 for Broccoli, etc
meh, for me at least i think that once i know where all the photos are (banana , avocado, etc) it would acc be faster. Less taps to do and maybe even mess up.

Question since I don’t do a ton of front end stuff.. will wrong payment/post void when purchased with a giftcard return the balance to the card right away or is that something that takes processing time.

Question since I don’t do a ton of front end stuff.. will wrong payment/post void when purchased with a giftcard return the balance to the card right away or is that something that takes processing time.

It goes back on the GiftCard right away. At least with standard issue Target GiftCards. IDK about the Debit Gift Cards like the Visa ones.

Yes, instantly reactivated to that same gift card
It goes back on the GiftCard right away. At least with standard issue Target GiftCards. IDK about the Debit Gift Cards like the Visa ones.
Visa ones are the standard 2-3 business days

When someone steals a lot of stuff from our store and we regain those items we go to training mode and scan the items To find out the total. I assume this is stuff that other stores do too. With that said apparently they threw a 30 dollar gift card in training mode and finished the transaction but apparently the money stayed on it LMAO.

For me, I do work at a Super, and once you memorize a lot of the common PLU codes, it’s much easier to just type 4011 for Banana, 4225 for Avocado, 4072 for Potato, 3082 for Broccoli, etc… because we just know them by name. And like 90% of produce have the PLU stickers which have the number on it. It’s easier a lot of the time than going through menus and finding what you need. Even when I’m at SCO as a guest, I still just put in the PLU because that’s what’s easy to me. (Me working at a SuperTarget prob plays a part in that because the PLU menu at SCO is so big, and our PLU guide at the lanes is literally takes up a full sheet of printer paper.

I do know that a produce menu is planned for New POS. Somewhere down the pipeline after the big things are done.
(EDIT: Stated typing before Amanda posted that it was coming. Now it’s just restating what’s known)

The codes at super targets are the same at most grocery stores, but non-supers are different. For instance, the code for bananas is 8011 because they are sold by eaches

The codes at super targets are the same at most grocery stores, but non-supers are different. For instance, the code for bananas is 8011 because they are sold by eaches
It’s because Super Targets are grocery stores. Every normal targets pretend to be a grocery store.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ
When someone steals a lot of stuff from our store and we regain those items we go to training mode and scan the items To find out the total. I assume this is stuff that other stores do too.

Yeah, our AP does that as well.

With that said apparently they threw a 30 dollar gift card in training mode and finished the transaction but apparently the money stayed on it LMAO.

Lol Lmao!!

New POS on NCR SCO still got some bugs. How exactly do you bank them with the banking app on SCO?
And the yellow light stays on unless you sign out while in SCO app.

New POS on NCR SCO still got some bugs. How exactly do you bank them with the banking app on SCO?
And the yellow light stays on unless you sign out while in SCO app.
idk about banking but when you goto store mode for us it goes blue (next gen sco) SCO app? Green, “A team member is on its way” goes flashing red

Is the , only ETLs and above can do overrides thing permanent? If so, why? There isn’t an ETL in my building after 6 PM.

I will say. I do miss the pure horror of the ADDITIONAL CASHIERS TO ELECTRONICS. *silence* “hey guys i’ve got 4 guests waiting i need backup” *silence* “ADDITIONAL CASHIERS TO ELECTRONICS”

I kinda miss the Indyme ADDT'L ASSISTANCE button. The "Request Help" button on New POS is useless because people don't pay attention to the myDay alerts. Also, when you select "I need more Advocates," instead of saying the register type you're at, it will always say "Additional Advocates to the Front Lanes/Guest Service/etc..." regardless of you're at Lanes, Service Desk, Electronics, Pharmacy, Optical, Starbucks, etc...

Since I started in Oct 2020, the only Indyme's I've heard at work are the Electronics, Guest Service, Pharmacy, and Optical. (Maybe Starbucks? Don't remember much from when I just started.) All our lanes were on New POS by that time. We don't have Call Buttons, so the only non register backup Indymes I've heard are "This is your Restroom Checkup Reminder," "Restroom Follow-Up is Needed," and "This is your GiftCard Replenishment Reminder. Who is Responding?" I've never heard a Fast Service call during my employment so far. We have a LOD Timeclock button in our TMSC, but it doesn't work.

While I'm on the subject of myDay alerts, something that I hope gets added are more notification options. The only ones on New POS are Change Fund Advances, Additional Advocates, I Need Help, and Carry-Out requests. Classic POS has so many more options such as requesting more Paper and Plastic bags, requesting Abandons and Hangars be collected from your lane, and a bunch more.

Bring back the Doo-DING sound at SCO for “A Team Member is coming over to help” screens.

But while we’re on New POS sounds stuff:
• The “do you want this overpriced protection plan?” screen should make a sound; but not the same sound as the one for “A Team Member is coming…” because it used to be the same sound and that was confusing to me
• Alerts for the Advocates on the In-Store checkout (FLUX) app should also have sounds. Such as scan serial #, check Guest DOB on ID, SquareTrade, and “bro what barcode was that???”

I kinda miss the Indyme ADDT'L ASSISTANCE button. The "Request Help" button on New POS is useless because people don't pay attention to the myDay alerts. Also, when you select "I need more Advocates," instead of saying the register type you're at, it will always say "Additional Advocates to the Front Lanes/Guest Service/etc..." regardless of you're at Lanes, Service Desk, Electronics, Pharmacy, Optical, Starbucks, etc...
The additional assistance button still works on both POS systems at my store. The walkie will still say "Additional cashiers to eletronics, front lanes, GS, Pharmacy", etc. Pharmacy presses the button every day when they open.

Also, something funny, if you press the "HELP" key on old POS, and select something like "I need... a pen", it sends an alert on myDay.

The additional assistance button still works on both POS systems at my store. The walkie will still say "Additional cashiers to eletronics, front lanes, GS, Pharmacy", etc. Pharmacy presses the button every day when they open.

Also, something funny, if you press the "HELP" key on old POS, and select something like "I need... a pen", it sends an alert on myDay.

Wait what? How's that possible? Unless you're mistaken, that shouldn't be happening on New POS. The only keyboard key that works on New POS is CTRL+ALT+Delete, and that only works on the ones running Windows. The ones running Linux have absolutely no Keyboard functionality.

Wait what? How's that possible? Unless you're mistaken, that shouldn't be happening on New POS. The only keyboard key that works on New POS is CTRL+ALT+Delete, and that only works on the ones running Windows. The ones running Linux have absolutely no Keyboard functionality.
I don't remember the last time I checked, but the add'l assist button has worked on both systems. Maybe it's because the keyboards are still hooked up to the registers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back