MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Remember to grab your Receipt. Thanks, see you gain soon!" message is returning for New POS. While my store doesn't update until tomorrow, I was at another store that had New POS on their NCR SCOs and heard it after checkout.

I don't believe "Welcome! Scan an item to begin." is coming back tho...

The "Remember to grab your Receipt. Thanks, see you gain soon!" message is returning for New POS. While my store doesn't update until tomorrow, I was at another store that had New POS on their NCR SCOs and heard it after checkout.

I don't believe "Welcome! Scan an item to begin." is coming back tho...
Hm. i wonder if NextGen SCOs have speakers in them….

While my store doesn't update until tomorrow

Actually, turns out half of the SCOs at my store updated today. And double confirmation on the voice still being there at the end of the transaction.

Is anyone else having a lot of register issues after getting updated to linux? I have a few registers down because of t-pay issues. A couples aren't recognizing that things like the hand scanner and the payment device are attached.

Also what’s bounties?
Some states there is a reward( bounty ) for finding a incorrect shelf tag. Ie if the tag says 2.49 but th3 item rings $2.99 the guests get the difference Plus $5(the bounty) for finding the incorrect price tag. Michigan is one state that does this, as well as Ohio if I'm not mistaken could be wrong about Ohio though.

Some states there is a reward( bounty ) for finding a incorrect shelf tag. Ie if the tag says 2.49 but th3 item rings $2.99 the guests get the difference Plus $5(the bounty) for finding the incorrect price tag. Michigan is one state that does this, as well as Ohio if I'm not mistaken could be wrong about Ohio though.
WHAT? I'D BE A MILLIONAIRE

Is anyone else having a lot of register issues after getting updated to linux? I have a few registers down because of t-pay issues. A couples aren't recognizing that things like the hand scanner and the payment device are attached.
at first we did at my store. strangely we don't really know what caused them. When they were first rolling the Linux systems it hardcore bricked one of our registered.

When they finally updated the Guest service register for some reason the Card Reader was not being recognized. Also in our NEXT GENERATION SELF CHECKOUT. was not seeing the card reader. Upon restart it saw the card reader........ but not the coin dispenser LMAO

at first we did at my store. strangely we don't really know what caused them. When they were first rolling the Linux systems it hardcore bricked one of our registered.

When they finally updated the Guest service register for some reason the Card Reader was not being recognized. Also in our NEXT GENERATION SELF CHECKOUT. was not seeing the card reader. Upon restart it saw the card reader........ but not the coin dispenser LMAO

Did you all call 701 about all the issues? I feel like 701 is either overwhelmed with calls or they are short on the usual number of TMs they have staffing that line. I sure wish I would catch one of the folks that has worked it for a long time.

Did you all call 701 about all the issues? I feel like 701 is either overwhelmed with calls or they are short on the usual number of TMs they have staffing that line. I sure wish I would catch one of the folks that has worked it for a long time.
Alot of the issues were super stupid. Like a single silica packet left over. Something was unplugged, etc. Regardless, the issue fixed it self.

I remember we said that a coin dispenser got jammed and HQ said “ Hello, Please remove the jammed coins from the coin dispenser” GIRL WHAT

I was at my store with my sister yesterday, and her Apple Pay wasn't working at the SCO on New POS. I had to pay for her with my Target Wallet, so yeah, I've seen some card reader issues.

Also, back in November and December, there have been times when the New POS had the card reader go down during a return, giving the option to have us select the return reason (which should be an option by default but whatever.)

Okay but what about adjusting prices (including down) for In-Store Credit? You could do this on Classic POS (including also changing price up, but sometimes down because missing pieces etc.)

Is this along with bringing back Price Inquiry where it shows you the Store Credit value?

Bring back the Doo-DING sound at SCO for “A Team Member is coming over to help” screens.

But while we’re on New POS sounds stuff:
• The “do you want this overpriced protection plan?” screen should make a sound; but not the same sound as the one for “A Team Member is coming…” because it used to be the same sound and that was confusing to me
• Alerts for the Advocates on the In-Store checkout (FLUX) app should also have sounds. Such as scan serial #, check Guest DOB on ID, SquareTrade, and “bro what barcode was that???”
Shamelessly quoting myself because everyone’s talking about sounds coming back.

Adding to my list, sound on FLUX for “scan $XX GiftCard” for promo GiftCards.

Okay but what about adjusting prices (including down) for In-Store Credit? You could do this on Classic POS (including also changing price up, but sometimes down because missing pieces etc.)

Is this along with bringing back Price Inquiry where it shows you the Store Credit value?

Not 100% sure, but this might be possible already. There’s an option on some returns to change the value of the item that is being returned. I haven’t had to use it yet, but that’s probably what it’s for.

Also, Overrides have been changed from ETL+ to TL+. I guess all the feedback complaining worked you all.

absolutely. agree. my fingers can fly across the keyboard to login, scan receipt scan item k3 total k1 and be done before I can tap my login on the touch screen
Hmmm… touch screen for a reason … “touch”… I think they’re moving over to touch screen because there’s a way the screen can capture at least part of your fingerprint which ensures cashiers actual identity… using keyboard must have been too easy for team members logging in under other peoples numbers…

Anyone know how to fix the “printer not connected” issue at the registers?! We don’t need 4 registers down every single day when we’re struggling with a line because the receipt doesn’t print out for the guest

Anyone know how to fix the “printer not connected” issue at the registers?! We don’t need 4 registers down every single day when we’re struggling with a line because the receipt doesn’t print out for the guest

I imagine you have called 701 and have rebooted them several times. We are having some not connected issues as well. One thing you could try is swapping out the printer with a printer from a working register. Make sure the register is off before you try that, if you feel brave enough. If you have a nice PML, ask for their help. Ours will say "not my job" and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back