Archived New Team Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlano

Man-of-Plano
Hey!

I was just hired on with the presentation team (or if I'm reading correctly; plano. Otherwise I messed up with my username!). I was doing some Googling to find out more about what I should expect and discovered this board. Any advice for a new plano?

1st advise: If thats you in the picture, remove it, this isn't a Target sponsored site!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Plano is a very steep learning curve with a lot of places for screw ups.
Always find out if you need backer paper before you begin a set.
Find out if there are notes (changes) that have been sent about the planogram before you start.
Team up with the signing ninja ahead of time so that you whats needed.

The first rule of The Break Room is you don't talk about The Break Room.
It can come back and bite you.
Spot doesn't like us very much.

Hey! When I started working for Target in September, I was on presentation
First thing to know: Learn how to work fast and pay attention to detail. There are a lot of steps to your job. You'll probably start out setting end caps, which seem easy but still take a process. Clearing whats already on the end cap, setting pegs and shelves, pulling and pushing the product etc. (pulling=getting item from backroom, pushing=actually getting the product on the shelf). Like I said, Attention to detail is probably most important. Make sure you're doing the right end cap; I did one that I got on the wrong side and had to completely do over the next day, which sucked. a lot. Also, its good to make yourself a plan of action. I used to always write out my steps on a piece of paper in order so i didnt get mixed up. You will probably be given multiple planograms, which are plans of action on how to set an end cap or aisle, at the beginning of the day and you are expected to finish these tasks by the end of the day. This will not always be possible but hopefully your team lead will be understanding. After all, you are supposed to be helping guests as best you can throughout your shift. Stay calm, breathe, work fast and efficiently, and you should be just fine! (This position wasn't what I expected and wasn't for me; I work at the fitting room now) I hope I gave some helpful tips and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back