Archived New Team Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! New SF HL team member here. I've successfully (I think) completed my first day of work. I work at a pretty busy Target, there are only 2 stores in quite a large radius. Boy, was it busier than I expected! I've got the basics down, I was left on my own towards the end of the day to reshop/push/pull...I still don't know all the terminology...but my trainer said I was doing well. I did get a little thrill every time I could actually help someone. :curtsey: However, absolutely no down time and hours on my feet left me super sore after my first day. I'm currently going through all my sneakers to figure out which ones won't leave my feet feeling like they're on fire. I've also read a lot of shoe threads here and might be trying out some new styles. Does anyone else have issues with the weight of the PDA pulling at their back a little? Maybe that's something I'll just have to get used to.

I get trained on the register next shift and I'm pretty nervous about that. Not so much the computer, that looks simple enough. I'm more worried about things like coupons, stuff with no tags, wrong prices and bagging things properly...the kind of stuff that someone with zero cashier experience has never done. Oh! And the cash drawer. Do we have to count it ourselves or are we given a certain amount? I hope I'm hyping this up in my head (as I tend to do...) and it won't be as bad as I'm expecting.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and how great this site is. Reading through the forum before my orientation was so helpful and answered so many questions I had.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

You don't have to count your drawer, they have someone who does that.
The other parts of register will come with practice and if you're not sure just ask.

Try wearing the PDA in different places, some folks use a shoulder holster style.

Never be afraid to ask questions!

As for bagging stuff, PLEASE be conscientious. Always try to keep the following things separate from each other: chemicals, refrigerated foods, frozen foods, dry foods, clothing, and pet food. Also, ALWAYS keep different types of raw meat away from each other, otherwise you risk cross contamination. I'll combine refrigerated and frozen stuff if there's not enough to fill two bags. I'll put paper stuff in with anything really. ALWAYS try to keep glittery things in their own bag. They shed like mad and the guest will end up eating glitter if you put it in with food. Also, most store have tissue paper for wrapping fragile items. Please use this and NOT other plastic bags. The tissue paper is way cheaper, plus it's made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back