Archived New Valentine Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
well I just saw this posted under ... "Can we catch our fuckin breath Target ?"

a4YdE0m_700b.jpg

Has your store started putting Valentines up yet ??

I have seen guest buy valentines cookies already.

Yup, saw that yesterday at my old store. Was at a Wally Market for their $10 prescriptions today, and they had a few Easter displays up

Yup not too early in my store. Started setting on Monday. Consolidated Christmas to a couple aisles. In softlines we've been getting clothing for a month.

Ha! Someone visits 9gag I see! Honestly, If I didn't date such cynical guys, I wouldn't mind celebrating Valentines Day for once. I just like getting to buy shit.

If anyone complains about this stuff going up too early, tell them, "Yeah, it goes up this early, yet people STILL insist on shopping at the very last minute."

Yeah, it's almost done in my store. I was helping POG push all day. DTL is visiting tomorrow and wants it all set up.

They started putting ours up a week before Christmas. I knew once they had TM's shovel all the Christmas candy to the back wall that Valentine's day was coming.

Our valentines stuff came out on December 23rd. Christmas stuff went on clearance and valentines stuff went up. I had a guest come up to guest service outraged about the valentines stuff being out already. Complaining to me is not going to make it go away lol.

I wish I could go straight into garden. We have to set. In with the new. At least there smart this year going straight into valentines

Pics went up yesterday. Pog is setting tomorrow for mini. Iwtn is next week.

We wouldn't put it up this early if it didn't sell. The amount of Valentine's Day crap that came through my line during my baby shift today was astounding. Good on 'em for doing their shopping early.

I remember my last Christmas at Starbucks guests would come up asking for holiday items that had run out WEEKS ago & everybody (standalone stores included) was out of, asking when we'd get more in.
I'd tell them that that was it for the season & they'd rant about how SB is 'missing out on all the sales' they could've had.
I'd mention that from a business standpoint it reduced the amount of post-holiday clearance & a limited window always meant merchandise would sell fast. And they're in the business of making money, not helping you score a great deal on clearance. I didn't mention that money isn't made on procrastinators.
Pumpkin Spice is a perfect example. It used to have a short window but, as demand increased, they began rolling it out earlier & earlier. Now its popularity is waning.

My local Walmart started stocking Valentines candy the day after Christmas.

I remember a number of years Target didn't put out Valentines until the last week of January.

My store is actually hard at work setting up all our Leap Day celebration stuff.

Haven't seen any Valentine's stuff though...

Had someone tell me that...about the clearance Christmas stuff. It's not like it hasn't been 50% off for about 4 days or anything

Ours just went all %50 off. Picked up candy, roll wrap and a shirt for the dog. He will be super cute for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back