Archived No hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past few weeks I've only been scheduled for 8hrs a week, they said that it's because of payroll and that they don't have the hours but keep hiring new people...I'm cross trained so I can work other depts. I know it's holiday season so it just seems weird to me. Like what's the point of only being there twice a week??

I've only been getting two days a week myself, I imagine it's the calm before the storm as come November hours will increase.

one of my cart attendants wasn't even on the schedule for two weeks....do you also happen to have attendance problems? call outs, swapping shifts a lot? he called out or switched a shift probably once a week or more, plus we have two weeks of very very low hours due to hiring a few people before back to school. its two weeks of no food ave, that is how bad they cut hours. I'm pretty sure thats why his hours were cut so bad. In fact we have 9 cart attendants because they are also so unreliable. they had decided to count shift swaps as call outs.

The past few weeks I've only been scheduled for 8hrs a week, they said that it's because of payroll and that they don't have the hours but keep hiring new people...I'm cross trained so I can work other depts. I know it's holiday season so it just seems weird to me. Like what's the point of only being there twice a week??
if that is WELL below your average hours, then I would broach a conversation with your ETL or with HR about it to get some answers.

I know when we cut hours though, if someone averages less than 20 hours a week, it is not uncommon for us to cut them down to as low as 12 or 8 hours a week - especially if they have limited availability.

If they consistently refuse to give you hours after weeks of asking for them, however, and they keep you at 8 hours a week for an extended period of time, then *its possible* somebody in leadership doesn't like you, and is pressuring HR to reduce your hours to suggest you to quit. If this is the case, management will likely be very quiet to you.

I used to get 37 hours a week. Within the past couple of month I have been getting 12 to 25. I don't think I pissed anyone off. I did tell a team lead about a team member burning batches but I don't think that's it. I have been there a long time so maybe that's there way of telling me I should leave Target, which I do intend to do, if I only know exactly what I want. Also, taking care of my mom is also a problem (dad died a few years ago and I am the only "able" family she has.

You know what's crazy? When i see my fellow team members who are DESPERATE for payroll, 10, 15, 20, 25 hours and i'm over here with 40 every week (scheduled 35+, work 40 maxed out) when i only need 20 loL!

If you average hours is considerably higher, file for unemployment. Most states allow a claim if your hours are 50% or less than usual. Seems to get the schedule maker to free up some hours for you in subsequent weeks.

Sounds like.
I'm working 5-6 days a week & can't even reach 30 hrs.
Most times I start the week with about 20 & try to pick up shifts.

All 4 hour shifts? If your goal is to hit 30 hrs, maybe pickoup some cashier shifts?

That's what I've been doing; get done with a four hr shift then ask if there have been any call-outs.
Nine times out of ten, they're cutting hrs & won't replace them.
Swap shift board has also been cleaned out.

That's what I've been doing; get done with a four hr shift then ask if there have been any call-outs.
Nine times out of ten, they're cutting hrs & won't replace them.
Swap shift board has also been cleaned out.

Come work at my store! Our swap shift board is full with shifts! If they don't get hours, they complain and if we give them hours they give all of their shifts away :mad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back