Archived No more alcohol discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that starting today, alcohol/wine/liquor/etc. no longer qualifies for 10% off nationwide. Interesting as Target was one of the only retailers (I believe) that allowed TM to get 10% off alcohol.

Interesting. That certainly was not something that was nationwide. There are several states that don't allow retailers to offer employee discounts on alcohol.

There are several states that don't allow retailers to offer employee discounts on alcohol.
Or states that allow certain retailers to sell alcohol at all. Mine is one of them. Sucks cause I'm sure it would drive more sales.

After Spot I worked at a grocery store that gave a 15 percent discount on everything but alcohol. I was told that the discount couldn't be given by law

Interesting. That certainly was not something that was nationwide. There are several states that don't allow retailers to offer employee discounts on alcohol.
The nationwide ban is what's new. Previously it was allowed wherever it was legal, and I guess they didn't feel like trying to keep up with all of the different laws.

I heard that starting today, alcohol/wine/liquor/etc. no longer qualifies for 10% off nationwide. Interesting as Target was one of the only retailers (I believe) that allowed TM to get 10% off alcohol.

I don't know... the reasoning, but some states have laws against providing Coupons & Discounts on Alcohol. When I lived in another state, you could often find tons of coupons on Wine Bottles that said "ALCOHOL PURCHASE NOT REQUIRED" that were valid for $2/1 any Seafood Purchase, $1/1 Store bread, etc. Don't ask me why... but this might have something to do with it. Other states apparently have laws against providing discounts or coupons on Milk & Dairy Items :eek:

When the Super I worked at opened in 2006 we did not get the discount on alcohol and anything made in store (deli or bakery). I can't remember exactly when that changed but it was nice to get that discount.

Our Fitting Room TM made a VERY solid point that our alcohol sales would surely drop from her not being able to get a discount on wine.

She's roughly 60 years old and would leave with a large bottle every other shift. o_O:D

Speak for your store, because alcohol is controlled by your stl. They almost have free reign to bring in what they want.
Completely true, our ETL-LOG always gets with our vendors about different brews that are hot sellers and they'll be in in a couple days.

We tried the whole craft beer but nobody but me gave a shit so it went sideways.

We have done a nice mix. Its very much IPA's here but I pushed for some Ale's for those of use who don't do IPA's.. Sold nicely.

my store does not sell alcohol (darn Quaker laws!) so I never got to enjoy 10% Wine or Beer anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back