Archived No more ETL HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also coming to my district(luckily not my store) along with project viper. Curious, does anyone know what pay the HRTL would be making? And what will their role be on the sales floor?

HRTL is a pay grade 13 or 15 depending on negotiation/experience just like Salesfoor TL If they are also a senior TL then it's pay grade 17.

If they are a senior I assume they would have to take some LOD shifts.

You have to remember HRTL is not a new position, a lot of AA and above stores already have one.

I can't speak for them but I don't believe they have a lot of Salesfloor duties. They often have to coordinate with both their day HRTM and their overnight HRTM though.

Only one store in my district has one but they also have 3 HRTMs.

Last edited:
Yeah found out today mine is stsying. Same volume and org chart. She told me that in the long run the larger volumes will lose their ETL HR too but they are starting with the lower volumes in our district.

Yes, I believe this is the unofficial strategy that is being kept secret...

In many districts, we are over by 15+ ETLs already. These are "floaters" from internships or job offers from a while ago that we are now stuck with. This has forced districts to already ride heavy at their stores (maybe having an ETL-HL and SL where a SF should be, or two ETL-Foods where only one should be etc).

Now the ETL-HR cuts come down, and they are supposed to be for many stores. The problem however, is that you are going to cut the ETL-HRs, put your district over by 20+ instead, and those HRs will saturate the already heavy workcenters. What are you going to do with them? ETL-HL1 and 2 and ETL-SL? Two ETL-GE's? At this point you might as well just keep the ETL-HRs around for a while longer until we get back under control. Furthermore, you cannot announce this as your strategy as ETL-HRs that know their positions are going away in a year will just give up, so you have to say "Oh, its just the ULV stores".

This has forced districts to already ride heavy at their stores (maybe having an ETL-HL and SL where a SF should be, or two ETL-Foods where only one should be etc).

Yeah when we dropped from chart 5 to 4, we are now only supposed to have a ETL sf but we still have our ETL HL and SL for now in addition to our ETL SF who came on right before we dropped.

Attrition will balance things out eventually but in the mean time...

It's a useless position. You over see one TM and that's pretty it. Everything is just sitting in the office dealing with paperwork which you pay someone minimum wage to do

AP is also useless

The problem Target is going to run into at this point is with the lack of LODS/ETLS/Sr.TLs. and NO! THIS IS AMERICA! DON'T WORK OVERTIME, BECAUSE /insertexcuse OF WORK/LIFEBALANCE.

Who is going to run the store on those there are no key holder days/hours/minutes.

The neighboring store in my area just hired a ETL HR.... we've been training her at my store for almost a month... now they just got the news they no longer get an ETL HR... oops.
Sounds like normal target just paying people for no reason then cutting hours.
Target is so wasteful

Actually you don't know what they do but whatever makes you feel secure.

You have a right to feel the way you do but I don't think an HRTM knowing what you make is the end of the world. Confidentiality is drilled into us all during training and failing in that area is a quick route to termination.

Exactly! I am friends with some Team Members and when they ask me questions about other team members like pay etc, I tell them I am sorry but I can not give you any information. I am trusted with a lot of confidential information and it's part of my job to keep it that way.

They are.

Hey shoplifter, guess who's protecting the store! A guy that can't touch, accuse, or even follow you out the building. The only thing he can do is ask CIHYFS on the off chance he can catch you stealing when he's not getting carts or being a target greater or making sure the backroom counts are correct because we can't trust our own employees to not steal

They are.

Hey shoplifter, guess who's protecting the store! A guy that can't touch, accuse, or even follow you out the building. The only thing he can do is ask CIHYFS on the off chance he can catch you stealing when he's not getting carts or being a target greater or making sure the backroom counts are correct because we can't trust our own employees to not steal

Ours has been pretty productive lately with aps and PMR's. I think they would be more so with more coverage, especially during the evening hours.

TPS aren't supposed to do any of those things (unless supporting an apprehension) but ETL-AP's, APTL, APS, etc definitely can.
And internal theft happens everywhere, and costs the retail industry much more money than shoplifters do every year.

They are.

You really shouldn't talk about things that you obviously have no clue about.

TPS aren't supposed to do any of those things (unless supporting an apprehension) but ETL-AP's, APTL, APS, etc definitely can.
And internal theft happens everywhere, and costs the retail industry much more money than shoplifters do every year.

We had a shoplifter tell our AP "You can't touch me dude". He replied "Oh yeah I can"

If stores had no AP at all, things would be ten times worse.

We had a shoplifter tell our AP "You can't touch me dude". He replied "Oh yeah I can"

If stores had no AP at all, things would be ten times worse.
I had a lady once that refused to come back into the store and claimed we couldn't touch her. I proceeded to pull out my handcuffs and said "if you don't come back into the store with me right now I will cuff you and you'll be charged with robbery if you resist anymore". Merchant privilege laws give retailers a lot of freedom when dealing with shoplifters.

I had a lady once that refused to come back into the store and claimed we couldn't touch her. I proceeded to pull out my handcuffs and said "if you don't come back into the store with me right now I will cuff you and you'll be charged with robbery if you resist anymore". Merchant privilege laws give retailers a lot of freedom when dealing with shoplifters.

But those laws don't give you the freedom to decide what they'll be charged with. And no, it wouldn't be robbery. Don't try to argue this point because you're wrong.

Only use the cuffs when necessary, not to make empty threats during an apprehension.

Although I know nothing about AP and such, can you provide any information where internal theft is higher than shoplifting? I won't insert "much more."

But those laws don't give you the freedom to decide what they'll be charged with. And no, it wouldn't be robbery. Don't try to argue this point because you're wrong.

Only use the cuffs when necessary, not to make empty threats during an apprehension.
In my state if they resist they will be charged with robbery (by the police). Pull a weapon and it turns to armed robbery. I didn't say I would charge them myself. The video evidence leads to that. And it wasn't a empty threat, if they resisted anymore I was going to cuff them. I give people options. If you work with me, I'll work with you.

As for charging people in my city we do file the charges with the court for misdemeanor shoplifting. The police won't do it unless it's felony amount.

I have no reason to make any of this up.

Last edited:
Although I know nothing about AP and such, can you provide any information where internal theft is higher than shoplifting? I won't insert "much more."
Various studies have shown internal results in 35-40 percent of all loss for retailers. Similar studies have also concluded that you have to catch 40-50 external shoplifting cases to make up for the average internal case due to the amount of opportunities employees have while at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back