Archived No more ETL HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is some info... No changes will be made to existing hourly HR team member payroll. 40 hours of weekly payroll will be allocated to the Sr. HR TL and will be scheduled a maximum of 2 LOD shifts per week. The HRBP owns posting the role for Sr HR TL in JAS. However, HRBP's will determine the appropriate time to post the job for each store based on ETL - HR transition timing. The Sr. HR TL will have access to all of the same systems that an ETL - HR has access to, expcept Team Views. The Sr. HR TL position is a PG17 :)

Ok, here is some info... No changes will be made to existing hourly HR team member payroll. 40 hours of weekly payroll will be allocated to the Sr. HR TL and will be scheduled a maximum of 2 LOD shifts per week. The HRBP owns posting the role for Sr HR TL in JAS. However, HRBP's will determine the appropriate time to post the job for each store based on ETL - HR transition timing. The Sr. HR TL will have access to all of the same systems that an ETL - HR has access to, expcept Team Views. The Sr. HR TL position is a PG17 :)

Thanks for breaking it down. So is every HRTL position a SRTL position? I would love the HRTL position but don't have the availability to be a senior lead.

Thanks for breaking it down. So is every HRTL position a SRTL position? I would love the HRTL position but don't have the availability to be a senior lead.

I was told that the HRTL position is a senior TL position with 2 LOD shifts per week. Several of our TL and Senior TL want that position. I don't think I stand a chance of getting it :(.

@HRZone it's only a senior position but I would hate for someone to get it and know absolutely nothing about HR. I've been doing the ETL's job for years now so now there is an opportunity to get paid what I'm worth!
@LUR99 go for it!!

I know my store is still up in the air on the subject. I'm currently the acting HR/AP ETL and was told by my DTL changes will come after I finish my placement here (for those who don't know my situation, I'm working towards my BA still, set to graduate with it in December). I've passed my STL interviews but am being required to complete my BA before I can transition into that role. My store falls under the ideal volume for a SrTL HR. Then it will move to a TL AP only. So it sounds like my store is going to go this route one way or another.

What I don't get is that we're planning to have an ETL GE here now and no longer an ETL Salesfloor/GE. We've functioned fine as is and we are not moving up in volume. We're a very successful store when it comes to processes and making numbers however we're still lower volume. So it sounds like come 2018 for ETL's my store will have ETL Salesfloor, ETL GE, ETL Logistics. I questioned my DTL about it when we were chatting and shes said it's a makeup they're looking to try out in some low volumes. I'd just like to know how they'll justify having a dedicated GE in a store like ours but not an ETL-HR.

A store in my district is losing their ETL-HR. As a result, they'll only have an STL, ETL-Log, and ETL-SF/GE. They already have an APTL. They currently have about 6 or 7 TLs with three of those being seniors. Volume is about $35M and risk level is low.

I think this is the direction Target is going long term for store structure. Fewer ETLs and marginally more TLs. Financially it's a net positive to eliminate ETL roles and just allow stores to have more seniors (extra couple dollars per hour) as necessary.

A store in my district is losing their ETL-HR. As a result, they'll only have an STL, ETL-Log, and ETL-SF/GE. They already have an APTL. They currently have about 6 or 7 TLs with three of those being seniors. Volume is about $35M and risk level is low.

I think this is the direction Target is going long term for store structure. Fewer ETLs and marginally more TLs. Financially it's a net positive to eliminate ETL roles and just allow stores to have more seniors (extra couple dollars per hour) as necessary.

Makes a lot of sense q1 2 and 3. Q4 those senior tls are going to get an awful lot of overtime.

Makes a lot of sense q1 2 and 3. Q4 those senior tls are going to get an awful lot of overtime.
That store sounds similar to mine and we always have a free for all with overtime in Q4 anyways.

Any way to know when we'll be losing our ETL-HR? I'm slightly curious when the change comes to my store, but I don't want to walk up to her and ask "Hey, when are you gonna leave?". I haven't really seen her in a positive mood at all ever since news broke out about this, which makes me believe she'll be pursuing other opportunities outside of Target soon.

Any way to know when we'll be losing our ETL-HR? I'm slightly curious when the change comes to my store, but I don't want to walk up to her and ask "Hey, when are you gonna leave?". I haven't really seen her in a positive mood at all ever since news broke out about this, which makes me believe she'll be pursuing other opportunities outside of Target soon.

Just to ask your hrbp. It varies my region and district. It appears 90% of stores in region 100 and 200 still have theirs. Almost all the positions on JAS are region 300 and 400

Just to ask your hrbp. It varies my region and district. It appears 90% of stores in region 100 and 200 still have theirs. Almost all the positions on JAS are region 300 and 400

Yep, its difficult to say who is losing and who is not officially as of right now. I know its not just "ULV" stores as I have one nearby that is losing theirs. I seriously believe its a LARGE cut to ETL-HRs, but depending on the staffing level of the area they may have been allowed to make an exception to the new guide. Again, if your district is already over by 20 ETLs right now, you might as well just let the ETL-HRs stay in role (so they don't all quit) until they move out on their own and just replace them with HRTLs when the time comes.

omg that would be a dream if our ETL-HR was gone. that extreme pinkly sweet 16 looking office is such and eye sore but more over, they are never there and waiting for follow for someone who seems to be on vacation every other week is annoying AF

Yep, its difficult to say who is losing and who is not officially as of right now. I know its not just "ULV" stores as I have one nearby that is losing theirs. I seriously believe its a LARGE cut to ETL-HRs, but depending on the staffing level of the area they may have been allowed to make an exception to the new guide. Again, if your district is already over by 20 ETLs right now, you might as well just let the ETL-HRs stay in role (so they don't all quit) until they move out on their own and just replace them with HRTLs when the time comes.

The way this is rolling out makes me think that there was probably a great deal of input by field HR leaders as to which stores would get cut first. The lowest volume store in our district isn't losing their ETL and it likely has to do with how many major HR issues they have all the time.

Ultimately I think most positions will go away, but it's going to be a gradual process.

The way this is rolling out makes me think that there was probably a great deal of input by field HR leaders as to which stores would get cut first. The lowest volume store in our district isn't losing their ETL and it likely has to do with how many major HR issues they have all the time.

Ultimately I think most positions will go away, but it's going to be a gradual process.

Yes we are in an awkward transitional period right now. There are major changes coming down where the ETL-HR cuts will make sense, but they aren't in place yet so it seems just like a straight cutting across the board (which it is cutting, but its a change in workload for stores as well).

Yes we are in an awkward transitional period right now. There are major changes coming down where the ETL-HR cuts will make sense, but they aren't in place yet so it seems just like a straight cutting across the board (which it is cutting, but its a change in workload for stores as well).

That is sad I actually like our ETL-HR but being an ETL I guess they could move inside the company depending on the path they want to go on.

That is sad I actually like our ETL-HR but being an ETL I guess they could move inside the company depending on the path they want to go on.

Well they are not getting fired! You will still have an HR Rep in the building, but it will likely convert to a TL. The ETL group will currently be grossly overstaffed, but I am pretty sure there is more district level positions being created to support the store teams in areas where there used to be ETL support.

For example, AP, HR, and PM already have their BP positions (2 of those are now 1 per district). I could see Logistics earning one when ETL Log goes away and just a TL stays in role to manage item merges, sweeps, receiving, deliveries etc... I could also see one for Food in some regard depending on the amount of Supers.

Well they are not getting fired! You will still have an HR Rep in the building, but it will likely convert to a TL. The ETL group will currently be grossly overstaffed, but I am pretty sure there is more district level positions being created to support the store teams in areas where there used to be ETL support.

For example, AP, HR, and PM already have their BP positions (2 of those are now 1 per district). I could see Logistics earning one when ETL Log goes away and just a TL stays in role to manage item merges, sweeps, receiving, deliveries etc... I could also see one for Food in some regard depending on the amount of Supers.
I would really like to see consumables split between a dry grocery and p-fresh TL. Our dry grocery has simply gone to hell with as much time that is spent on just stocking the truck unloads.

I would really like to see consumables split between a dry grocery and p-fresh TL. Our dry grocery has simply gone to hell with as much time that is spent on just stocking the truck unloads.

We have one of each and I am SUPER THANKFUL that dry have a different TL bec that is where I am assigned again. I know this TL can make it work. She used to handle 3 departments and I have seen her work. As long as I can help it, I will never be working for the other one ever again.

first off... all your hrtms think youre getting upgraded... what happens if your etl-hrs decided to take the 40hr position and loss of title but keep their hourly rates? stop celebrating until the water clears out
second... hr-etls from my experience have been practically useless in making the store run. the hrtms carried the load... who gives a crap about "fff decorations"
third... this concerning for the other operational etls in the buildings losing their hrs... a 50hr work week can easily be pushed to a 60hr now
fourth... all the money that target is "saving" by cutting this position is now being pushed into their $7billion remodel for the frontend and groceries of stores. Target has not learned from all these other brick and mortar businesses that have gone bankrupt?! gone are the days of winning the retail battle due to sheer sales floor square footage. Target should be investing into more efficient logistic models, downsizing the salesfloor and remodeling that into larger backroom SFS areas to compete with the online retail landscape... but that would be too smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back