Archived No more presentation and pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A majority of the team members didn't get trained to do pricing. When we go to our ETL's or team leads for help, they just tell us to save that workload for another day. But it never gets done

:eyes pop out of head:

--

What about POG? revisions? resets? Market just did a bunch, along with Toys, Chem, and of course Domestics, Home Decor and Seasonal/mini... How is that going? Pets is in Transition, right now.... and Infants Hardlines.

ETA: And Backroom? How is your store dealing with BR?

Target actually is making plans to be innovative with the eaches replenishment model. I don't know if any major retailer that has implemented that. But it's going to cost a lot of money and take a lot of time to get setup at the DCs.

I can't answer why they are making changes now to the store teams and equipment though. It seems like it would be easier for a store to transition AFTER the DC has implemented eaches replenishment.

Pep Boys and CVS stores are on the each shipment process, they are major chains but the stores are smaller and carry much fewer SKUs. It will be interesting to see if the process can transition successfully at Target with so many different departments and additional SKUs.

Yes, to be successful DCs have to transition first then the stores. However, I think they are doing it now in stores to cut hours now to help profits. Theoretically, eaches shipments should require fewer hours in stores than case packs. But, from what I am personally seeing is DCs shipping cases while stores are in pieces mode would actually need more hours to do properly. Since going to E2E staffing, but still receiving cases, my store is a hot mess. I think this split distribution system may seriously hamper sales during fourth quarter.

So we've been without pricing and presentation teams for almost 3 months now and it has been a disaster. We are 2 months behind on pogs, the team member in charge of toys only set 4 aisles this week. The 2 team members in charge of seasonal didn't even finish setting back to school and we are also a month behind on pricing.

So far this pilot is a failure at my store.
I'm going to go drink for you. Wtf? How had the dtl not hit the roof on the metrics bleeding? Even if you are green on payroll and sales.... thats batshit crazy.

:eyes pop out of head:

--

What about POG? revisions? resets? Market just did a bunch, along with Toys, Chem, and of course Domestics, Home Decor and Seasonal/mini... How is that going? Pets is in Transition, right now.... and Infants Hardlines.

ETA: And Backroom? How is your store dealing with BR?

The only revisions and pogs that get done are mostly in electronics/entertainment, market and cosmetics.

I was talking to the electronics team member and he said he was told not to help the toy team member with his set. His team lead him said that team member needs to own his business.

We no longer have a backroom team, my store went away with that last summer when we started end to end.

Last edited:
The only revisions and pogs that get done are mostly in electronics/entertainment, market and cosmetics.

I was talking to the electronics team member and he said he was told not to help the toy team member with his set. His team lead him said that team member needs to own his business.

We no longer have a backroom team, my store went away with that last summer when we started end to end.

I meant how is your store handling BR activites? all the Transition product that needs to be sorted? all the Back To School/BTC product that is coming into stores... all the Truck Backstock.

How many General Merch trucks do you get a week? How many Food Trucks? Do you know your store's volume?

I meant how is your store handling BR activites? all the Transition product that needs to be sorted? all the Back To School/BTC product that is coming into stores... all the Truck Backstock.

How many General Merch trucks do you get a week? How many Food Trucks? Do you know your store's volume?

All the transition product is flexed out (unless street dated) until the new set/sales planner

Back to school/college is getting flexed around the whole store now because we still have about 2 pallets worth of product on our steel. That's not counting the stuff coming off the truck. Just recently found the construction and manila paper. We have side caps in almost every department with random school supplies now.

We are a low volume store, lately weve been getting trucks on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. And food truck is every day

Also can we please talk about the signing team member and what happens to them
They are put on a horse wearing beautiful golden plate armor and told to run towards the blond teen woman pulling the spear from the massive fire breathing dragon with out it noticing...and too late it noticed. (soory couldnt resist)

So...who's setting seasonal?

Back to school?
Halloween?
Christmas?

I'm assuming tm's from all across the store are going to have to work together to set it?
in our store? The E2e people responsible for seasonal. Yes I said people as in 2.

All the transition product is flexed out (unless street dated) until the new set/sales planner
Wait what. Even toys? We had 15+ pallets of toys transition, most of which came in on the same day.

You hit the nail right on the head Oath. I had my last shift today, I have 8.75 years at Target, 7 of them on the Presentation team. I am the 3rd Presentation team member to leave this Spring/Summer. In 3 months my store has lost 50+ years of Target experience & knowledge, and I don't think "leadership" at my store cares about this at all.
I wanted to wish you well. Hope you found something better!

I wish you well too,we havn't lost too many people because we didnt change the plano set up,the only change with price change was they had to pull their own batches and as regards the flow team,the experiment has failed and we have gone back to the way they were,the store looks like crap and any morsel of goodwill with the tms we had is gone.How is that for educated opinion?

If this is the direction Target wants to go they need to streamline ALL of their processes. including how they do POG and Price. The work load varies SO much and there are many times during the year when there are not enough POG-Price team members to complete the workload for the week. End2End makes this SUBSTANTIALLY less possible. Take the Toys reset (my store still has a POG team) there were at least 3/4 aisles that moved to a different aisle and all of the backer paper changed in the entire department. To the uninitiated, this means that you have to take every item off the shelf and place it on a vehicle and ideally have someone else setting the aisle that this product is going into, otherwise you are going to have an empty aisle and vehicles of product sitting around. To change the backer paper (say in an aisle with pegs) you have to take all of the pegged product down, remove all of the pegs, remove the old backer paper, put the new backer paper up, replace all the pegs, remove the old labels, put up the new labels & repush the product . To get an idea of the tedious, time consuming job that this could be take a look at your store's Hot Wheels aisle. With End2End I feel that you are going to have team members trying to do this work who are under trained & under scheduled to complete these complex tasks. Empty and half-done POGs are not likely to be big sales drivers.

While I DO see the value in big sweeping refreshes of departments, if you aren't going to train/staff for these changes you are signing up for empty & partially completed aisles and Target is going to start looking like K Mart.

Last edited:
If this is the direction Target wants to go they need to streamline ALL of their processes. including how they do POG and Price. The work load varies SO much and there are many times during the year when there are not enough POG-Price team members to complete the workload for the week. End2End makes this SUBSTANTIALLY less possible. Take the Toys reset (my store still has a POG team) there were at least 3/4 aisles that moved to a different aisle and all of the backer paper changed in the entire department. To the uninitiated, this means that you have to take every item off the shelf and place it on a vehicle and ideally have someone else setting the aisle that this product is going into, otherwise you are going to have an empty aisle and vehicles of product sitting around. To change the backer paper (say in an aisle with pegs) you have to take all of the pegged product down, remove all of the pegs, put the new backer paper up, replace all the pegs, remove the old labels & put up the new labels. To get an idea of the tedious, time consuming job that this could be take a look at your store's Hot Wheels aisle. With End2End I feel that you are going to have team members trying to do this work who are under trained & under scheduled to complete these complex tasks. Empty and half-done POGs are not likely to be big sales drivers.

While I DO see the value in big sweeping refreshes of departments, if you aren't going to train/staff for these changes you are signing up for empty & partially completed aisles and Target is going to start looking like K Mart.
My thoughts exactly.. We did not loose our plano team ( my store is not stupid) price change we just now lost softlines. Yea. Im not sad let them have it. We still set all planos and salesplaners. Softlines schedules my team for large transitions. So far so good. End to end can't do everything sorry.

our store still has not changed the plano/pricing structure we are however end to end for market, softlines, and market. I dont see the end to end working with all these processes since most end to end stores have 1 person per department at any given time, yes more people on the floor but that 1 person has to do pricing, pog, sales planners, ptm, backstock and research. end to end would need to give enough hours so that you at minimum have 2 people in the day, 2 at night and a 3rd in the middle but i doubt it. Also on a side note, anyone try to set pets early and notice they dont have the extra large shelves they added to dry/wet and backwall?

our store still has not changed the plano/pricing structure we are however end to end for market, softlines, and market. I dont see the end to end working with all these processes since most end to end stores have 1 person per department at any given time, yes more people on the floor but that 1 person has to do pricing, pog, sales planners, ptm, backstock and research. end to end would need to give enough hours so that you at minimum have 2 people in the day, 2 at night and a 3rd in the middle but i doubt it. Also on a side note, anyone try to set pets early and notice they dont have the extra large shelves they added to dry/wet and backwall?
Our shelves came in today on the signing pallet.

We got our shelves on the signing pallet last Friday. Actually, we got some signing on a giant pallet of shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back