Archived No more Target apps?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Target app just told me it was going away and directed me to the web site. The Apple app store no longers shows the Target app as downloadable. After all that "get appy" stuff we no longer have a central app. That just seems odd to me.
IMG_0351.PNG IMG_0352.PNG

Must be just the iPad app. The regular iOS one still works and is viewable in the App Store.

They dropped the iPad app a few months ago. The iPhone app has been updated multiple times since then.

Realistically speaking you go to the store with your phone, not an iPad so I'm guessing why they dropped it? But phone apps still work and just the iPad version stopped. Loving the more updated mobile version on the iPhone now, especially when helping a guest in soft lines now you can select sizes!

Yeah, we're really going to need our phones during the holiday season, considering corporate can't be bothered to give us enough MyDevices to do our jobs.
We got a few more for fourth quarter... And etl guest experience took them for her team... Because apparently they need them more then specialty teams who can't do their jobs without them

Yeah, we're really going to need our phones during the holiday season, considering corporate can't be bothered to give us enough MyDevices to do our jobs.

Why should corporate spend "their" money providing equipment as long as their underpaid employees are willing to use they own devices for the company's benefit? The CEO thanks you & the stockholders thank you.

Keep using your own devices & see them start to "expect" it from all employees and to laugh all the way to the bank.

This is as self destructive as the people who are willing to work through their breaks just so they can meet corporate's unreasonable & sometimes impossible goals. Good for the company, bad for the team members who take their legal breaks & then look like they are slow workers compared to others who worked through breaks.

I often look up stuff on the Target app for guests. The thing I hate is that the app doesn't work when I'm using Target Guest Wifi.

This is my number one beef with Target. Billion dollar company and they have us fighting over mydevices. Ridiculous
I hope they put a stronger process in place for keeping track of them when the next gen devices roll out. Maybe require a quarterly inventory, where a TM needs to go through every device and run an app to send a verification to HQ that we still have it. Any missing devices have 30 days to be found or they will bill the store for a new one and ship it automatically.

I hope they put a stronger process in place for keeping track of them when the next gen devices roll out. Maybe require a quarterly inventory, where a TM needs to go through every device and run an app to send a verification to HQ that we still have it. Any missing devices have 30 days to be found or they will bill the store for a new one and ship it automatically.
Store AP should be monitoring those devices. There is a report that can be pulled to see when and who used the device last. Anything that shows "last seen 4-7 days...." or more should be investigated.

This is as self destructive as the people who are willing to work through their breaks just so they can meet corporate's unreasonable & sometimes impossible goals. Good for the company, bad for the team members who take their legal breaks & then look like they are slow workers compared to others who worked through breaks.

Amen to this, this is my pet peeve. We have people at my store who brag about skipping breaks. My ETL HR chews their --- for it

The last couple days my target.com on my android is not working. Keeps saying" Unfortunately Target has stopped running." Is this the same as you are talking about? I was going to uninstall it then re install it. I ask because i an not really technology inclined.

Store AP should be monitoring those devices. There is a report that can be pulled to see when and who used the device last. Anything that shows "last seen 4-7 days...." or more should be investigated.
Right. But it doesn't seem to be a very strong process at a lot of stores (including mine, with only a single person in AP). And if one is lost/stolen but the last TM signed in swears they put it back, that's the end of it. The store is now down a myDevice and they won't order another one because it costs too much.

What I described would force store leaders and AP to monitor the devices more closely to avoid having to pay for another one, while also taking away the ability to cheat and say "yeah we still have all of our devices, no need to send us another one."

Really? It works best for me when connected to guest wifi. It even recognizes what store I'm at and overrides my home store setting.

I mainly use it to look up stuff for guests. Every time I look up a product the app says there's an error and I have to get off Target wifi.

The last couple days my Target,com app was shutting down. I uninstalled it today and reinstalled it and for the rest of today it seemed to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back