Archived Non-Rehireable

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahlouwho

Can I get a back up to the front?
Hey ya’ll! It’s been a long time since I was active here and so much has changed! I’m sure this topic has been beat to death so forgive me but here it goes:
I ended up working at my store back in Texas for 3 years. It had it’s ups and downs but once I switched from GSA to cosmetics, I actually started enjoying my job. I was going to transfer to a different store in Texas with my husband but a month before we were going to move my husband was offered a job in Virginia. We both put in our two weeks and worked them until we had an unexpected emergency and had to leave before I could finish my last two shifts. We explained our situation to our ETL HR and she said that it was fine and that we “can come back any time!”.
Fast forward to now, almost a year later, and I attempted to apply at our local store and was sent a rejection email. I know now that we were listed as non-rehireable. From reading on here a bit I’ve learned that that can be overridden by the store here but my question is should I call this store and explain the situation? Should I go in in person? Should I just forget it all together? I’d love a chance to work at Target again and am pretty bummed at how it’s all turned out.

Hey ya’ll! It’s been a long time since I was active here and so much has changed! I’m sure this topic has been beat to death so forgive me but here it goes:
I ended up working at my store back in Texas for 3 years. It had it’s ups and downs but once I switched from GSA to cosmetics, I actually started enjoying my job. I was going to transfer to a different store in Texas with my husband but a month before we were going to move my husband was offered a job in Virginia. We both put in our two weeks and worked them until we had an unexpected emergency and had to leave before I could finish my last two shifts. We explained our situation to our ETL HR and she said that it was fine and that we “can come back any time!”.
Fast forward to now, almost a year later, and I attempted to apply at our local store and was sent a rejection email. I know now that we were listed as non-rehireable. From reading on here a bit I’ve learned that that can be overridden by the store here but my question is should I call this store and explain the situation? Should I go in in person? Should I just forget it all together? I’d love a chance to work at Target again and am pretty bummed at how it’s all turned out.
You are right, this topic has been beaten to death, use the search option on this site to get answers.
Please call the store that rejected you. Thank you.

You are right, this topic has been beaten to death, use the search option on this site to get answers.
Please call the store that rejected you. Thank you.

I have searched on here and was just looking for some insight on my specific situation. Several of the threads on non rehireable status are pretty old and I haven’t really found what I’m looking for.

Even our store has those TMs that we would always say, “come back anytime.” But if they didn’t complete their two weeks without attendance issues, regardless of what the issue was they are marked as non-rehirable.

Please call the stores HR and explain your situation to see if they can possibly give you an interview. (Even if your non-rehirable you can still be brought back) Given my complete honest experience as I’m HR, I would never hire a non-rehirable back. Too many, “what-if’s” and generally bad experience with dealing with these kinds of applicants so our store just stays aware. Of course ASANTS

Good luck hope this information helps!

Even our store has those TMs that we would always say, “come back anytime.” But if they didn’t complete their two weeks without attendance issues, regardless of what the issue was they are marked as non-rehirable.

Please call the stores HR and explain your situation to see if they can possibly give you an interview. (Even if your non-rehirable you can still be brought back) Given my complete honest experience as I’m HR, I would never hire a non-rehirable back. Too many, “what-if’s” and generally bad experience with dealing with these kinds of applicants so our store just stays aware. Of course ASANTS

Good luck hope this information helps!

Thank you! That’s definitely helpful. I know that I wouldn’t walk out on them but I also understand that they can’t just trust everyone that walks through the door.

Thank you! That’s definitely helpful. I know that I wouldn’t walk out on them but I also understand that they can’t just trust everyone that walks through the door.
Specifically people who go back on their word, and do not finish their two week notice.

Specifically people who go back on their word, and do not finish their two week notice.

I don’t know why you’re coming off like you want to argue. I clearly stated that there was an emergency and we weren’t able to finish 2 shifts. Having a serious, unplanned, situation that flat out prevents you from going in is very different from not showing up cause you didn’t feel like it.

I don’t know why you’re coming off like you want to argue. I clearly stated that there was an emergency and we weren’t able to finish 2 shifts. Having a serious, unplanned, situation that flat out prevents you from going in is very different from not showing up cause you didn’t feel like it.
If you knew anything about Planoss is that he/she will argue and goes on facts. Just leave it and take the advice.

While Planosss is clearly trolling, keep in mind HR hears this from pretty much everyone who gives notice then doesn't show up for the second week of shifts. So odds are no one is going to believe you, even if it is true.

A lot of people think they are required to give 2 weeks notice, so they do, but then call out or ncns the last scheduled week.

While Planosss is clearly trolling, keep in mind HR hears this from pretty much everyone who gives notice then doesn't show up for the second week of shifts. So odds are no one is going to believe you, even if it is true.

A lot of people think they are required to give 2 weeks notice, so they do, but then call out or ncns the last scheduled week.
Lol so I was trolling, but then you repeat what I said ,and it’s considered “sound advice” , SMFH!

We had someone that we termed for NCNS who was marked as non-rehirable get an interview 3 months later just because they called and bugged HR that much.

Seriously though if you want a job that much, even at a later time, at least call out. I know I double posted people's shifts when they have given a non formal notice so they would be covered and then removed them when they have given their formal notice. One asshole ETL would say they would cover the shifts then not just so they got job abandonment and would be listed as non-rehireable.

Call the store and aks if you can talk to the HR ETL or STL and explain. The new store can hire you if they want to. Good luck!

Had the luxury of chiming in with a few GSTL and GSAs prior to the Holiday Hiring Open House this past weekend; I explained how I got the auto-reject/thank you for applying response in e-mail, and they pointed out that a position that I may have applied for may have been filled by the time my online application went into the system, rather than being marked un-hireable. I had a great seasonal interview, the interviewer really wanted me to move forward for seasonal help, but I have to check with my current employer for possible conflict of interest. So, for those curious if they were marked un-hireable, it pays to ask in-store about your status!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back