Archived Non-rehireable

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanM2007

Banned
How true does Target stick to its word about the whole "non-rehireable" thing? A friend of mine had put in his two weeks shortly after I had left. He fell ill midway through his last two weeks and called out because he was vomiting all day long. They then told him on his very last day as he was leaving that he was deemed "non-rehireable" due to calling in sick for that one day. Well he has since become unemployed because the company he started working at shortly after leaving Target went under and closed its doors for good. Now he did leave on good terms, had no issues with anyone, wasn't in trouble. He just saw an opportunity to make more money at a higher wage in a different state and took the job offer. It worked well for him for about a year.

So since he isn't too forum savvy he didn't feel like making an account here to post this and ask. What is the likelihood that they will stick with that decision 100%?

It all depends on the relationship with your friend and the store's leadership. If it was good, there is a chance they might bring him back as long the situation was well explained. He can always talked to the store's STL and HR and they might be able to waive the non-rehire.

I have heard non-rehire status can last anywhere from 3 months to 9 months to 2 years. But I have seen people get rehired after leaving with no notice.

Last edited:
As buli said, his best bet is to talk to leadership from his original store. If leadership is all new (hey, it happens), talk to the ETL-HR to review his work history.

It all depends on the relationship with your friend and the store's leadership. If it was good, there is a chance they might bring him back as long the situation was well explained. He can always talked to the store's STL and HR and they might be able to waive the non-rehire.

I have heard non-rehire status can last anywhere from 3 months to 9 months to 2 years. But I have seen people get rehired after leaving with no notice.

2 Years? Then give it a year and mine will have been expired by then. Of course by then I'll be working in a lower management position with my current company so why go back to spot?

Well he is about 1200 miles away from his original store and was wondering if he would be able to apply at the local one there. Or is that kinda data stores company wide?

FYI....

From Ohio 1200 miles will get you to somewhere in the middle of Nebraska.

No LA is about 2269(approximately, to the area I live in) from Ohio. Lmao...

Cheyenne, Wyoming is about 1200 miles from me tho lol.

Last edited:
Cheyenne, Wyoming is about 1200 miles from me tho lol.[/QUOTE]

You must live on the western side of the state.

Wyoming is fabulously beautiful, isn't it?

You must live on the western side of the state.

Wyoming is fabulously beautiful, isn't it?

I live in North Central Ohio. Somewhat near Cedar Point (the theme park).

As far as Wyoming, the last time I was there I was about 9 years old. Don't remember much of it. But what I do remember was the two tornados while I was there lol

I think Target has you on file by your SSN, so if you reapply, they will know you worked at Target before and they'll be able to pull your information up.

Glad someone posted this. A huge opportunity fell into my lap 3 days ago, they want me to start on the 12th. So obviously I don't even have 2 weeks time to put in a notice. I've been great so far. I've never been late, never called out, got done with all the training quickly, and I get along with everyone. If I take this other job under the standard 2 weeks would I be on this list as well? I gave as much notice as I could, I wasn't about to just not show up. My ETL-HR is suggesting that that would have been the better route...

-Zen

Glad someone posted this. A huge opportunity fell into my lap 3 days ago, they want me to start on the 12th. So obviously I don't even have 2 weeks time to put in a notice. I've been great so far. I've never been late, never called out, got done with all the training quickly, and I get along with everyone. If I take this other job under the standard 2 weeks would I be on this list as well? I gave as much notice as I could, I wasn't about to just not show up. My ETL-HR is suggesting that that would have been the better route...

-Zen

i would ck out that other job opp , carefully. they "should" be flexible enough to let you give 2 weeks notice at spot.

Cedar Point is near Sandusky....which is more on the western side of the state.....could you have meant to say that you live near Kings Island?

Cedar Point is near Sandusky....which is more on the western side of the state.....could you have meant to say that you live near Kings Island?

Huron, OH. And by distance from the east and the western border Huron/Sandusky area is pretty much the center part of of the northern part of the state. Now yes its more on the western side of the lake Erie shoreline but not the state as a whole.

The western Ohio/Indiana border along route 80/90 (Turnpike) is 124 miles from here.

The eastern Ohio/Pennsylvania border along route 90 (east of Cleveland) is 129 miles from here.

And also North Central EMS (a private ambulance company) is based out of this area (in Milan, OH).

I'd say that's pretty darn close to the middle haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back