Off my 90 days..... (cart attendant)

Are cart attendants over worked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With your rotten attitude you don't deserve any job , at target or any place. You are the kind of team member that is disgusting, Self absorbed and slacks off. You need to have pride in your work. No matter what the job is. do it to the best of your ability. Don't whine, don't complain. Be the best at any job in life! Whether a janitor or a dishwasher,be the best at it. Your Tls etc are not abusing you right? They are not taking you in the back room and beating you, or having you "suki suki five dolla" right? So wtf is the problem? You can't do your job , and the world hates you. F off, you idiot.
No offense.

Pushed my share of carts in Texas summers, cleaned bathrooms (including fishing out a shirt a shoplifter shat on & attempted to flush; thank goodness for elbow-length gloves), mopped spills, helped with carry-outs & team lifts, unloaded pallets of lane supplies because school had started & all our attendants were minors.
Later as a GSA, I had several CAs that could hustle any task thrown their way.
Eventually the good ones were taken by other depts, mostly backroom & market; bad ones get their hours cut.
If you don't take anything away from what everyone is saying, remember the Golden Rule: do unto others as you would have them do to you.
If you do a shitty job, why on earth would anyone respect you?
Why would they promote you? Or move you to another dept?
Set your expectations low & you'll never be disappointed.
But no one will expect anything better from you & will treat you as such.

Put up or shut up? You act like I'm in some sort of cut throat industry with competitors nipping at my heels, this is target dude.

You miss the point of everything that we're saying to you. I didn't say retail was a cut throat industry, but it's absolutely true that there are plenty of people off the street who will do your job better than you and without feeling the need to "clap back" at management. I am not saying you need to kiss anyone's ass or be a good worker robot. Many of us on this forum have our own fair share of reasons to be upset with Spot. But you wanna know something? For every time that I felt I was being picked on and worked to the bone for no thanks at all, or even those times where I knew I was being treated like shit, not once did I feel the need to "clap back." I bore my resentment in private, but I continued to do my job to the best of my ability, because that's what we go to work to do. By failing to perform, you aren't upsetting upper management. They don't give a shit about you. What you are doing is upsetting your fellow co-workers. Your fellow cart attendants who have to pick up your slack. Your GSAs who you frustrate with these antics. I don't believe for a hot minute that no one notices or isn't affected by your laziness and poor attitude.

The fact is, the work is not going anywhere. You are expected to do the job you're being paid to do, and if you don't like those terms, you should seek to transfer or quit. But please do not make others work harder to clean up after you.

Based on your post history, I would never have let you through the first interview, let alone your 90.

My thinking is this: why should I waste resources on a team member who clearly doesn't give a damn about their job? I'd rather crosstrain someone who is a polite, hard worker rather than someone who "slacks off" with a deplorable attitude.

You need to take a while and think about what you want. Not just out of Target, but out of life as well. Do some soul searching.

Offended? No. Just killing time.

Let us know when you clap back, I'd love to hear the reaction to that. Hopefully your superiors will bow down. I'm sure your half assed cart pushing will put them in their place.

Please remember not to insult fellow forum members even when they annoy you to no end.
Part of being a grown-up is being able to point out that someone is being a dumbass without actually using the word.

That said, my grandfather always liked to point out that you need to use every day as a learning experience.
No matter what the job is you can learn something if you want to.
Pay attention to how the people who do it well manage and follow suit or watch the worse possible bosses and vow never to be like them.
The more time you are spending learning, the less time you will have to ' clap' back.

Not rocket science but a little finesse can make all the difference.

Gonna have to agree with OP, some people take their crappy retail jobs too seriously. lol it's just target guys Sheessh

OP is right. I don't know why everyone is shitting on him

Some of You guys work yourself to the point of crying on the home because "Mama/Daddy/Granparrent?whatever said work hard yet this isn't even a real job tbh. OP makes the same amout chilling and accepting the the store is fucked as the TMs here kill themeselves trying to make great guest moments or whatever

Hell even me, while I can bust my ass, sometimes, like during the BTS reset/set the backroom is FUBAR so I just chill in the bathroom for 25 mins out of every hour because I no longer car and is job searching

I make more than the normals TM doing that.

You guys need to chill and relax mane

Some of You guys work yourself to the point of crying on the home because "Mama/Daddy/Granparrent?whatever said work hard yet this isn't even a real job tbh. OP makes the same amout chilling and accepting the the store is fucked as the TMs here kill themeselves trying to make great guest moments or whatever

Hell even me, while I can bust my ass, sometimes, like during the BTS reset/set the backroom is FUBAR so I just chill in the bathroom for 25 mins out of every hour because I no longer car and is job searching

haha I myself am guilty of frequent bathroom breaks just to pass the time :D

Sounds like the OP is your alt account. Can any mods look into this?

Nhwf8.gif

My thoughts exactly. This isn't a real job. ITS TARGET! Sooner y'all realize this the better. No need to break your back over a menaningless job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back