Off my 90 days..... (cart attendant)

Are cart attendants over worked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LessWork MorePay

Desperado
This is a follow up to a thread I posted several months ago. In summary, I am a cart attendant, but I hate my job.I work in the hot ass Texas heat constantly. I'm not a janitor yet I get treated like one. The higher ups run me like a dog. I'm over worked, under motivated, under trained and under payed. My original thread was about me slacking off, I still do a lot of that too. I dont clean the bathrooms, I only sweep a little bit, or just sign the door. I don't fill the drink coolers I only zone them. I push trash in the trash can down so I dont have to change it. I never respond to back up on register.

My motivation for my style of work is the constant lack of respect I receive from the higher ups. It seems like they have no clue how tough of a job cart attendant is and simply run me around for the hell of it. They can't even help me with simple task like moving baskets to the front of the store.

My reason for posting this thread is because I am now off my 90 day period. I feel like I have a lot more freedom to clap back at whoever I feel deserves it. I made it 90 days without snapping on anyone. I feel like this is a huge accomplishment. I was wondering if any of y'all boys ever felt the same way as me.

KD8GCkx.gif

Not high, just real
You realize being past your 90 days means near fuck all right? If you think you can suddenly start snapping at people and denying to do your job, you're definitely on something. I'm not a cart attendant or anything, but I know that you'll still get coached if you suddenly get uppity.

Serious question, why do you like target so much? It's not like they give a rats ass about any of us.

This is a follow up to a thread I posted several months ago. In summary, I am a cart attendant, but I hate my job.I work in the hot ass Texas heat constantly. I'm not a janitor yet I get treated like one. The higher ups run me like a dog. I'm over worked, under motivated, under trained and under payed. My original thread was about me slacking off, I still do a lot of that too. I dont clean the bathrooms, I only sweep a little bit, or just sign the door. I don't fill the drink coolers I only zone them. I push trash in the trash can down so I dont have to change it. I never respond to back up on register.

My motivation for my style of work is the constant lack of respect I receive from the higher ups. It seems like they have no clue how tough of a job cart attendant is and simply run me around for the hell of it. They can't even help me with simple task like moving baskets to the front of the store.

I think you have it backwards.

Perhaps the lack of respect comes from the fact that everyone who sees you can see that you clearly don't care about your job performance. Here's a hint: if you're phoning it in and giving zero effort, people are going to notice. One of the best, hardest workers in my store is a cart attendant. He's the kinda guy that always has a smile, is constantly ready to pitch in to help others with their tasks, and won't flinch at taking on the difficult, disgusting parts of the job, like cleaning bathrooms or running trains of carts in the dead-ass, burning hot summer. The guy's an inspiration to the rest of us. I honestly don't know how he maintains his attitude, but he does, and it's pretty amazing to see. He's definitely a valued asset in my store.

You could be that guy, but you choose not to.

To be honest, you should probably start looking for a different job.

How has target taught you respect and patience?
There's no easy way to explain how retail taught me respect, it just happened over time. I used to be that kid that thought retail workers were there to clean up after me (when I was a little shit at the age of 9/10) until I realized I had to get a job, and it happened to be retail. Now that I understand what retail workers go through, It's slightly shameful how I acted when I was younger. And patience is just a given, you deal with stonebags and fuckwads on a daily basis and you learn how to keep your emotions in check without going off like dynamite. Which you obviously haven't learned to do if you want to go off on people.

I think you have it backwards.

Perhaps the lack of respect comes from the fact that everyone who sees you can see that you clearly don't care about your job performance. Here's a hint: if you're phoning it in and giving zero effort, people are going to notice. One of the best, hardest workers in my store is a cart attendant. He's the kinda guy that always has a smile, is constantly ready to pitch in to help others with their tasks, and won't flinch at taking on the difficult, disgusting parts of the job, like cleaning bathrooms or running trains of carts in the dead-ass, burning hot summer. The guy's an inspiration to the rest of us. I honestly don't know how he maintains his attitude, but he does, and it's pretty amazing to see. He's definitely a valued asset in my store.

You could be that guy, but you choose not to.

To be honest, you should probably start looking for a different job.

Never said I didn't work hard. I bust my ass keeping the store filled with carts/filling the wall. I just don't have time for extra bullshit.

There's no easy way to explain how retail taught me respect, it just happened over time. I used to be that kid that thought retail workers were there to clean up after me (when I was a little shit at the age of 9/10) until I realized I had to get a job, and it happened to be retail. Now that I understand what retail workers go through, It's slightly shameful how I acted when I was younger. And patience is just a given, you deal with stonebags and fuckwads on a daily basis and you learn how to keep your emotions in check without going off like dynamite. Which you obviously haven't learned to do if you want to go off on people.

Is it really so that I "want" to snap on people? I hate to break it to you but the majority of Americans want to snap on their boss

Extra bullshit is part of being a CA.

Perhaps a cashier position would suit better suit you...
Tell me, why do you like your job so much? What is so great about target? Specifically what is so great about being a cart attendant?

I'm not trying to mean or anything I'm just genuinely curious, have you tried getting another job? It must be terrible dreading going into work every day if you hate your job so much, but I know for some people it's the only place that will hire them so they have to stick with it. I would maybe try being a courtesy clerk at a grocery store because you have cart duties still but without all the bathroom maintenance and spill clean ups. It's bagging people's items, helping them to their car if needed, and collecting carts, which doesn't sound too terrible to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back