Off my 90 days..... (cart attendant)

Are cart attendants over worked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They see me trolling...

I mean really. I bet everyone at your store hates you. You think higher of yourself than you should.

My old store would always promote our good cart attendants. One guy went from cart attendant to GSA in 4 months. You got some work to do OP

My original thread was about me slacking off, I still do a lot of that too. I dont clean the bathrooms, I only sweep a little bit, or just sign the door. I don't fill the drink coolers I only zone them. I push trash in the trash can down so I dont have to change it. I never respond to back up on register.

My motivation for my style of work is the constant lack of respect I receive from the higher ups. It seems like they have no clue how tough of a job cart attendant is and simply run me around for the hell of it. They can't even help me with simple task like moving baskets to the front of the store.

Never said I didn't work hard. I bust my ass keeping the store filled with carts/filling the wall. I just don't have time for extra bullshit.

um, you did say you didn't work hard in your first comment. Honestly, your attitude seems to be the biggest barrier here. There's an old saying, "you gotta give respect to get respect," and it sounds like you don't respect anyone let alone the job you were hired to do. Simply put, if you don't like your job then quit. If you think half-assing everything will get you far in life you're sadly mistaken, You will then continue to be that pissed off cart-attendant who thinks everything should be handed to you on a silver platter while doing nothing to earn recognition from others. Seriously, you sound like a spoiled child who's never worked a day in their life.

Two things to think about....

All those things that you don't want to do are still your job. It's in your job description. When you don't do them you're not doing your job. Someone will eventually catch on and call you on it. Your integrity is on the line here.

Also, when you don't do parts of your job you're not screwing your higher ups or corp, you're screwing your fellow tms. That's fucked up.

One of the best, hardest workers in my store is a cart attendant. He's the kinda guy that always has a smile, is constantly ready to pitch in to help others with their tasks, and won't flinch at taking on the difficult, disgusting parts of the job, like cleaning bathrooms or running trains of carts in the dead-ass, burning hot summer. The guy's an inspiration to the rest of us. I honestly don't know how he maintains his attitude, but he does, and it's pretty amazing to see. He's definitely a valued asset in my store.

We have a cart attendant like this too. Because he's such a good worker he was given the opportunity to cross train for other areas and did but he told the higher ups he simply wants to do carts. If you don't like the job, why not work hard and try to move into another position? Or just leave.

giphy.gif

They see me trolling...

I mean really. I bet everyone at your store hates you. You think higher of yourself than you should.

My old store would always promote our good cart attendants. One guy went from cart attendant to GSA in 4 months. You got some work to do OP

agreed. I know several people like this. They whine and complain about everything, are always negative and make it sound like everybody is out to get them rather than take personal responsibility. Attitude is everything and if your life sucks it's because you're making it suck.

I would agree with you BUT that's the job you picked.

I'd understand if they moved you or lied and said you work so-so department then put you on carts but that didn't happen.

This is ridiculous. Yes the CA job is thankless 99% of the time and you have to do all the gross things nobody else wants to do but guess what? That is your job. This is what you signed up for. Plenty of other people will do your job better than you can and without complaining, so either you put up & shut up or look for another job. Maybe ask to become a cashier and then you can complain about that too.

This thread is so pointless but what the fuck, here goes;

OP, is this your first job? You seem to think that hard work is optional, and it certainly is, if you have a bad work ethic or don't give a rat's ass about your job, getting hours, making money. If you think the team leads don't respect you it's probably because you have a shitty attitude and don't work hard. I already don't respect you and I just read your thread a few minutes ago. Hell, I don't even like you much as a human being since you seem to be a whiny, self entitled little twat.

Being cart attendant is not a glamorous job but if you'd applied yourself and not been such an insufferable cunt you could have cross trained on cashier, hardlines, whatever, and worked your way into a more air conditioned position. No need to "clap back" (whatever the hell that means) at your superiors, just prove that you're worth the money and effort but I'm sure you've proven to them that you're just not worth it.

If you think you're going to teach them a lesson by quitting or going postal, give it a go. It will be funny as fuck when you find out that no one cares. By the way, the majority of Americans do NOT want to "snap on their boss". Most of us have self control, a quality that you seem to be lacking. Seriously, is this your first ever job?

You might want to consider getting your GED. Expecting to be treated like a valuable member of the staff when you can't even spell *paid* is a bit presumptuous.

tl;dr

You're a dumbass.

They see me trolling...

Everyone in my store must hate me? Couldn't be further from the truth, They all draw inspiration from me.

This is ridiculous. Yes the CA job is thankless 99% of the time and you have to do all the gross things nobody else wants to do but guess what? That is your job. This is what you signed up for. Plenty of other people will do your job better than you can and without complaining, so either you put up & shut up or look for another job. Maybe ask to become a cashier and then you can complain about that too.

Put up or shut up? You act like I'm in some sort of cut throat industry with competitors nipping at my heels, this is target dude.

This thread is so pointless but what the fuck, here goes;

OP, is this your first job? You seem to think that hard work is optional, and it certainly is, if you have a bad work ethic or don't give a rat's ass about your job, getting hours, making money. If you think the team leads don't respect you it's probably because you have a shitty attitude and don't work hard. I already don't respect you and I just read your thread a few minutes ago. Hell, I don't even like you much as a human being since you seem to be a whiny, self entitled little twat.

Being cart attendant is not a glamorous job but if you'd applied yourself and not been such an insufferable cunt you could have cross trained on cashier, hardlines, whatever, and worked your way into a more air conditioned position. No need to "clap back" (whatever the hell that means) at your superiors, just prove that you're worth the money and effort but I'm sure you've proven to them that you're just not worth it.

If you think you're going to teach them a lesson by quitting or going postal, give it a go. It will be funny as fuck when you find out that no one cares. By the way, the majority of Americans do NOT want to "snap on their boss". Most of us have self control, a quality that you seem to be lacking. Seriously, is this your first ever job?

You might want to consider getting your GED. Expecting to be treated like a valuable member of the staff when you can't even spell *paid* is a bit presumptuous.

tl;dr

You're a dumbass.

Couple of things

You act like I care if some dude on the internet doesnt like me. It's funny how offended you got because I don't like my job. You don't know anything about me yet I'm a "whiny self entitled little twat" because I don't like this shitty job? Read the reviews for the job, I am far from the only one who feels like this.

Who says I'm not cross trained?

Get my GED? Good to know that I dropped out of highschool.

I'm a dumbass? Y'all boys are getting mighty personal here. But, I guess I might be a little upset if i dedicated my life to a meaningless job like y'all.

Read the reviews for the job, I am far from the only one who feels like this.

You apparently a) were not able to get a better job at target. B) don't have better options hence you still working here) again everything points to it being a YOU problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back