Archived Ohh (AP) Got 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
(My apologies, I have insomnia) haven't been on tbr been a wee bit depressed BUT today helped AP with info on a guest that was stealing stuff in the fitting room. I guess they followed up on fashion nevklace tags left On 2 or 3 occasions. They Were kinda looking out for her and after a stall check I told ap right away (like everyone here suggested) they couldnt stop her but they got her plates outside. Don't think I'll get any Starbucks though. Thanks

Nice job. Just yesterday I found an unpaid for Merona bag with school supplies stuffed in it. A guest must have seen a team member and panicked and put it on a random shelf. I brought it to AP.

(My apologies, I have insomnia) haven't been on tbr been a wee bit depressed BUT today helped AP with info on a guest that was stealing stuff in the fitting room. I guess they followed up on fashion nevklace tags left On 2 or 3 occasions. They Were kinda looking out for her and after a stall check I told ap right away (like everyone here suggested) they couldnt stop her but they got her plates outside. Don't think I'll get any Starbucks though. Thanks
That does help a lot. With that, we can look through TCM to see if the vehicles has been recorded before at another store, and if they have the driver info. Even if it hasn't, we can alert all the other stores in the area about her to keep an eye out.

That does help a lot. With that, we can look through TCM to see if the vehicles has been recorded before at another store, and if they have the driver info. Even if it hasn't, we can alert all the other stores in the area about her to keep an eye out.
Thanks!! I don't know TCM but is it same as a KTR? I don't know the difference but i totally thought I was being badass!

Nice job. Just yesterday I found an unpaid for Merona bag with school supplies stuffed in it. A guest must have seen a team member and panicked and put it on a random shelf. I brought it to AP.
Hi five!!

No, TCM is Target Case Management. It's where we document all of our reports, such as Preventative Merchandise Recoveries, Known Theft Reports, and the occasional Security incidents.
It's a corporate wide network, and I can go in and search back to cases written as far back as 2009. (Well, that's the earliest I've seen, anyway.

I stopped a full cart push out yesterday. I pretended like I was fixing carts at the entrance to freak out the guy trying to steal. I did scare him. Then the guy went to the other doors where I met him and fixed carts on that side. He got scared again, then went BACK to the other side, where I met him AGAIN and fixed the carts.....again. Then the guy finally dumped his stuff and walked out. But when he walked out, I did too. Since I was carrying a magnet key, the alarms went off! He FREAKED OUT! I mean he was literally sweating. Lol it was pretty hilarious.

Last edited:
Without a doubt.
29031270.jpg

No, TCM is Target Case Management. It's where we document all of our reports, such as Preventative Merchandise Recoveries, Known Theft Reports, and the occasional Security incidents.
It's a corporate wide network, and I can go in and search back to cases written as far back as 2009. (Well, that's the earliest I've seen, anyway.
Oh cool. Do you read them when you get bored? Probably super interesting and helps you get better at your job?
Why wouldn't this be a Ktr to the police? She did it before and they have her plate? But I really wanted a Starbucks haha
How tall are you?

Oh cool. Do you read them when you get bored? Probably super interesting and helps you get better at your job?
Why wouldn't this be a Ktr to the police? She did it before and they have her plate? But I really wanted a Starbucks haha
How tall are you?
Hard to prove KTRs out of the fitting room since surveillance was technically broken.

You did good though.

BTW....

PMR = Productive/Preventive Merchandise Recovery

KTR = Known Theft Report

APP = Apprehension

TCM = Target Case Management

I stopped a full cart push out yesterday. I pretended like I was fixing carts at the entrance to freak out the guy trying to steal. I did scare him. Then the guy went to the other doors where I met him and fixed carts on that side. He got scared again, then went BACK to the other side, where I met him AGAIN and fixed the carts.....again. Then the guy finally dumped his stuff and walked out. But when he walked out, I did too. Since I was carrying a magnet key, the alarms went off! He FREAKED OUT! I mean he was literally sweating. Lol it was pretty hilarious.
Great job. Did you tell AP? You got yourself a Non-AP PMR.

@
Hard to prove KTRs out of the fitting room since surveillance was technically broken.

You did good though.

BTW....

PMR = Productive/Preventive Merchandise Recovery

KTR = Known Theft Report

APP = Apprehension

TCM = Target Case Management
seriously? your guys job is freakin hard. I here complaining about re shop and zoning and messy FR. :confused:
Thanks for the acronyms!! I learn so much here then i ever do at my location.

seriously? your guys job is freakin hard.
Pfft AP at my store has it made. They don't do anything besides paperwork and merch protect, which is not a big job at all. But there is one store nearby with over double the apps we have. I guess their job might be a little more difficult lol.

I found a bunch of WWE figures hidden inside a furniture couch when I was doing an MIR.

It's either some TM is lazy to push it in the aisles (sometimes we combine the CAFs together if there's no available vehicles) or a guest hid them to force the instocks team to order a newer wave since the ones hidden are pegwarmers

My favorite was when I was cashiering & rang up a purse for a lady.
In the process of pulling out the stuffing paper, I found a necklace & a pair of earrings.
"Did you want these, ma'am?"
The lady was stammering "What? No! I don't know HOW those got in there..."
Her little girl piped up "But Mommy, you said you LIKED them!"
From the mouths of babes.

Pfft AP at my store has it made. They don't do anything besides paperwork and merch protect, which is not a big job at all. But there is one store nearby with over double the apps we have. I guess their job might be a little more difficult lol.
I'm referring to the situation of the lady stealing jewelry multiple times and then them not able to "asset protect" because of the ap rules and then having to remember the face out of thousands and hoping you see them right when they walk in because of the fitting room rule as well. Yikes I just put stuff on hangers lol

My favorite was when I was cashiering & rang up a purse for a lady.
In the process of pulling out the stuffing paper, I found a necklace & a pair of earrings.
"Did you want these, ma'am?"
The lady was stammering "What? No! I don't know HOW those got in there..."
Her little girl piped up "But Mommy, you said you LIKED them!"
From the mouths of babes.
What happened? Shamed by her kids!! Was that a PMR?

I noted the trans time/checklane & passed it on to my TPS.
He tracked the video in accessories & saw where she stuffed it in the purse so he said it was a PMR,
What raised my radar was she started getting nervous when I began pulling the filler paper out of the purse.
The little girl just clinched it.

I noted the trans time/checklane & passed it on to my TPS.
He tracked the video in accessories & saw where she stuffed it in the purse so he said it was a PMR,
What raised my radar was she started getting nervous when I began pulling the filler paper out of the purse.
The little girl just clinched it.
Whoa, had he been watching live she could of been arrested in front of her kids for a necklace and earrings...what 30 bucks? Hopefully she learned. Thanks for sharing

Occasionally, when there's absolutely nothing left for me to do, but not very often. The problem is that the search function in TCM SUCKS(!) and there isn't a "back button" function, you have to close the window out, and if you forget how many windows you have open and close one too many you have to start back over from scratch. I did it more often when I first started to guide myself on how to write the reports, as that's one area that needs better training on.

Why wouldn't this be a Ktr to the police? She did it before and they have her plate? But I really wanted a Starbucks haha.
Target has very strick (and really dumb) rules regarding when I (and other non-Senior TPS's) can and cannot call law enforcement regarding know theft/theft in process, which I won't cover on this thread as it's accessible without a profile, as opposed to the other thread.
How tall are you?
Tall enough that I'm in the 95th percentile of American White Males by height, and those taller than me are @&#%ing tall as hell!

I ask because I used to answer phones for A child support office and read case notes when I was bored too! Suuuuper interesting! Nosey :oops: lol
As far as the reports go @TallAPGuy @On6 im sure it's super frustrating to let ppl go like that. My AP DOESNT communicate at all. I've been working for almost 6 months and I literally have learned how to operate fitting room more this past month on TBR then at my location. Spots rules so they will pay the price.
If your that tall, you probably get a lot of those PMR's :cool:! Intimidation is key...just don't let Spot know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back