Archived Old garden center storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocker

Old Team Member
I am not sure if this is a thing at other stores or not since I could not find any posts on it. Anyway we use our old garden center space for backstock of bulk plastic (end going into store with roof) and the far end for fixtures (old register area has roof but open where plants used to be) about 2 weeks ago at the far end it was cleaned out, fixtures thrown out or moved to fixture room. This area has been fixture storage since the garden area was closed way back when. I have heard rumors that some stores in the company have gotten in trouble with the fire marshal for this area being to much of a mess, now all stores with an old garden center will need make sure that area is clear. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has heard anything about this.

You have a store that had a garden center?

I didn't even realize that had ever been a thing.

I remember the Garden Center days but I don't know enough about the location of it. It was beginning to phase out though when I started. The store I started at had closed up a year later in favor of a Greatland a mile down the road and the Garden Center did not continue there. And even the aging store I'm at, I honestly don't know what the layout before was.

Yes..... we had to clear our old Garden Center out mid January. For the most part, it was excess fixturing and shelves.

We have to do the same. But we're getting a entire store remodel this year. We thought it was because of that.

Our garden center was used for extra pallet spaces for stuff like seasonal items, bulk paper backstock. But then Plano screws it up by throwing their stuff out there and making a mess, flow will put extra push that they can't get to.

So in January we got word that garden center had to be clean. Everything was removed from there and now there's nothing out there.

You have a store that had a garden center?

I didn't even realize that had ever been a thing.

Yeah it was 8 or 9 years ago, forget the exact date. It was similar to what a walmart one looks like only on a slightly smaller scale. Was a lonely job for whoever was scheduled out there, unless you liked being alone some do. Of course some of the fixtures thrown out had to be reordered, nothing new though happens every other time they clean out fixtures. Everything I have heard is mostly rumor so far, was just wondering if anyone else heard anything solid.

I knew a PMT from the southwest, he told me they used to occasionally find snakes in the garden center. I thought that was kinda cool.

I knew a PMT from the southwest, he told me they used to occasionally find snakes in the garden center. I thought that was kinda cool.

And guess who would never lose “Steve Irwin” as a nick name. I got a batch of bad rice infested with weevles and 2 guys in the district still call me “beetle borg” 4 months later. Fuuuuck off

Only one store in my district has a garden center and there’s been nothing in it for a few years. I figure it will be used as an expansion space and they’ll build the store around it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back